Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Cant I Pee...

CrzyC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont do anything anymore either, but i did have a few nights that happened to me...it was nights when i did alot of e tho, or e with coke...i think it def has something to do with being dehydrated [along w/ur senses all fucked up]

that was the WORST when i couldnt pee! good luck wit that lol

linabina: not to be picky but I can't really agree with your initial statement. Based on what I've learned, it probably is due to a number of factors unrelated to the mode of action of E on the brain.

I would deduce that dehydration, loss of electrolytes, combined with hyperthermia, possible hypertension and the fact that most people drink bottled water (as opposed to Sport drinks which contain Na, K and Ca) are responsible for this "effect".

I would recommend drinking Gatorade or one of those “sport drinks†and see if you still have the problem.

Of course if there is a study that demonstrated otherwise I’d be interested to read it.

from what i have learned, although i could be wrong, while it is important to stay hydrated and drink water while rolling, it is possible to drink TOO much... because of the lack of ability to urinate due to the effect e has on the function of the bladder, too much liquid in ur system can be damaging... its a lose lose situation... u dehydrate, yes, but u cant rehydrate urself too much or ull damage ur system because u wont be able to piss it out.....regardless of what liquid it is...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Try scratching behind her ear, she'll piss for days..

:laugh:

Holy shit.

Lina, right, that goes along with the story of Leah Betts, the girl who died in Englad after taking one tablet and then chugging water because she was paranoid she'd dehydrate, but the effect instead caused her brain to swell.

Originally posted by mizlissa

:laugh:

Holy shit.

Lina, right, that goes along with the story of Leah Betts, the girl who died in Englad after taking one tablet and then chugging water because she was paranoid she'd dehydrate, but the effect instead caused her brain to swell.

sup bitch?

Originally posted by linabina

from what i have learned, although i could be wrong, while it is important to stay hydrated and drink water while rolling, it is possible to drink TOO much... because of the lack of ability to urinate due to the effect e has on the function of the bladder, too much liquid in ur system can be damaging... its a lose lose situation... u dehydrate, yes, but u cant rehydrate urself too much or ull damage ur system because u wont be able to piss it out.....regardless of what liquid it is...

this is true .........and this in turn can cause your brain to swell , hence the person falls into a coma-respiratory arrest as the midbrain region ( which controls breathing and consiousness along with other basic bodily functions) is bruised ,and fails .

There is a very valid theory that most ecstacy deaths are caused by this condition ( i forgot the specific name ) of over excesive hydration .

:)

What I am trying to say is that E has no effect on bladder.

The problem with urination is secondary.

You see, by drinking a lot of water while you dehydrate, you actually make the situation worst for yourself.

The whole mechanism of water retention is a complex system of feedbacks and loops controlled by hormones and ions as well as your blood pressure and blood volume, among other things. The control systems, so to speak, are located in your kidneys as well as hypothalamus, liver and the endothelial cells of capillaries.

Drinking a lot of water while you sweat is not a good thing because you make the imbalance of ions in your system even worst and that's what will kick in a whole series of reactions - you need to drink but your drink must contain the electrolytes.

PS: This is still a simplified description of what occurs in your body when you need to piss.

Originally posted by mursa

a drink high in electrolytes such as Gatorade is ideal , as it replenishes many of the salts/ions that one loses when you sweat . :)

and it will allow your body to piss whatever extra water that you might otherwise retain (no good) .

THe whole idea is that one system checks for "water level" in your body and says: "We need to go to bathroom - there is too much water"

But then you got the other system checking for Na, K, Cl levels and saying: "Wait just a minute, we are low on electrolytes, we can't spare any by pissing them away"

:D

Originally posted by PCR

The whole mechanism of water retention is a complex system of feedbacks and loops controlled by hormones and ions as well as your blood pressure and blood volume, among other things. The control systems, so to speak, are located in your kidneys as well as hypothalamus, liver and the endothelial cells of capillaries.

which is all controlled by way of your brain :idea:

Originally posted by linabina

which is all controlled by way of your brain :idea:

I don't know why I bother trying to explain this to you people, when you make statements like that I want to laugh....

it's like you think that brain is this one solid mass that uniformly reacts to drugs....there are so many different specialized areas...working completely independently from each other.

Again, if you just sit in a cool room and take E you wouldn't experience this whole "problem" with dehydration or urination. Like I said before, it is secondary effect - read my previous posts.

and yes if you do read erowid - that's what they say too (if you can understand)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health5.shtml

Thank you so much for the info you guys! I was thinking th same thing about trying to drink enough water but not too much cause that can also cause all kinds of problems. I am going to go with the electrolytes hypothesis and see if that "cures" anything.

Mursa...do they sell anything like that in the clubs in Miami?