Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets new center field

majinbuu

Originally posted by spragga25

Great move!

We have a CF who strikes out 150 times to go with our new leadoff "SS Stud" who struck out over 125 times...in Japan.

:rolleyes:

60 wins max for this team.

But i will admit that Cameron is good Definsively.

You might think this is a dumb move, but I think its a good move for the Mets right now.

Cameron will be a good player for the next 6-8 years....maybe even 10 years. They are in a transition of rebuilding now and are laying a foundation with some serious young talent so in 3-5 years they will be contenders......they're not just buying every player with a hefty price tag a la Steinbrenner

What they need now is a couple younger arms in their rotation

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You might think this is a dumb move, but I think its a good move for the Mets right now.

Cameron will be a good player for the next 6-8 years....maybe even 10 years. They are in a transition of rebuilding now and are laying a foundation with some serious young talent so in 3-5 years they will be contenders......they're not just buying every player with a hefty price tag a la Steinbrenner

What they need now is a couple younger arms in their rotation

Gotta disagree man...The Mets are in the biggest market in the country and are acting like a small market team. Wouldn't u think Vlad Guerreo would be a better fit in the outfield than Cameron?

Cameron can't hit for crap and strikes out a ton which scares the shit outta me. The Mets aren't the most selective hitters at the plate either...never walk...never get on base.

Like I said it helps defensively but hurts our lineup even more.

Originally posted by spragga25

Gotta disagree man...The Mets are in the biggest market in the country and are acting like a small market team. Wouldn't u think Vlad Guerreo would be a better fit in the outfield than Cameron?

Cameron can't hit for crap and strikes out a ton which scares the shit outta me. The Mets aren't the most selective hitters at the plate either...never walk...never get on base.

Like I said it helps defensively but hurts our lineup even more.

Of course Vlad is a better fit.....no ones gonna question that, but it seems like the Mets are starting to try to put a team together. Cameron does strike out a lot, but he's a 5 tool player, a rarity in today's game.

The Mets got their middle solidified with Cameron, Reyes, and Matsui and their already planning on moving Piazza to 1st.

Now they need a staff and a pen. I think they got some good pitchers there, but adding young talent never hurts. Then they can focus on the other positions.

I think its a good move, and its not to say the Mets cant go after another player with the payroll they have.

btw...cameron didnt hit well in seatle, so a change of scenery might do well for him.

also, the two teams he has played for have improved dramatically after he has arrived.

no need to listen to spraggs..he'l hate the mets the day after they win the world series..:laugh:

Originally posted by majinbuu

btw...cameron didnt hit well in seatle, so a change of scenery might do well for him.

also, the two teams he has played for have improved dramatically after he has arrived.

no need to listen to spraggs..he'l hate the mets the day after they win the world series..:laugh:

"might" and "if" - I'm sick of that shit....Get me players that WILL do something...not guys that MIGHT play well.

Originally posted by majinbuu

:laugh: :laugh: Come on spragga...where's the love? Maybe you didn't notice how horrendous our defense was in the outfield last year. I think we're taking some steps in the right diection.

By the way, anyone hear anything about how Cliff Floyd is doing?

Originally posted by nomembername

:laugh: :laugh: Come on spragga...where's the love? Maybe you didn't notice how horrendous our defense was in the outfield last year. I think we're taking some steps in the right diection.

By the way, anyone hear anything about how Cliff Floyd is doing?

:werd: cameron covers alot of ground out there....at least it will be nice to see flyouts instead of bloopers..

now they need to get rid of cedeno.

No matter what the Mets try on the free agent/trade front this year, they're not going to win more than 75 games. They needed to try to start acquiring some talent and depth. They are definitely going in the right direction. They need probably one more solid starter and (hopefully) will acquire some good draft picks to add depth to their farm system.

Cameron and Matsui are nice (not great) pickups.