Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Privilege last night

eKiTeL

was off the hook! Beto played a very nice opener, with some deeper (but still bangin') techno and techno-house, much better, though I think he could even go a little more housey for the opening set

Smith was amazing, great tracks, great mixing, very very good set, though not the greatest, he can do better IMHO (he played a lot of records I have in my collection, so if you liked him you'd better come check me out at Slak this Friday ;) )...

no place I'd rather be on a Saturday night, or any night in Miami for that matter, this is by far the best undergound club night in all of South Florida, and that's because Techno is where it's at! House just doesn't have the same creative vitality to it anymore, whereas Techno doesn't have to try to be all soulful, sexy and sophisticated all the time, it just rocks your world without all the pretension, and without all the trancey sugar on top, this is definitely the most intelligent forward thinking music you'll hear anywhere around here, and there was a bunch of young kids there who really get it too, I mean I must have died and gone to heaven, great music getting support from normal people... what a refreshing combination!

What now you're dying too?

:D:hat:

Glad you had a good time last night although I have to disagree with you on the "trancey sugar" coating on house unless you're talking about progressive which is crap anyway so i don't give afuck. But sexy, soulful house, if done right, is not at all pretentious. Of course I can't say anything about Privilege cause I haven't carried my sorry ass there yet so far. One day...!

As long as it was "your cup of tea...!"

:D:hat:

Great time as Usual.....

Got there at Around 12:20, NO problems getting in on the list with everyone with me. Place had the usual crowd, but doesnt pick up until around 2ish.

They Roped off the couches which I really dont like, but worked out anyway, got a bottle and chilled..

Berutti had a nice opening a little up and down but that was the theme of the evening.

Chill Tech (Max walder - Compressor) Nice......

Smith went on around 1:30 Place was pretty full.... Opened with some Harder Techno, and eventually went into some deep Tech house (If you can call it that)..... His mixing wasnt Good at all, through stuff in way to loud and had a problem with the soundsystem. He went back and forth from Tech hous eto Hard techno, no real flow.......... Around 3:00 Mursa came by and NO PROBLEM getting him in comped.

We left around 3:30 when he started to play anthemish techno....

Decent Night as usual , best place to go as i once again learned, DONT go to space until like 6, went and walked right out after paying cover.... Sorry but 50 Cent and Freak in the morning belongs in the hip hop room, also wtf is with opening the patio at 5:30 on a Saturday, TOO MANY people in main room tooo fucked up...

Great Time hanging with, Stef, At, my bro, ramon, miriam, greg, marie, jangles, tony, and jose

AWESOME night. Great hanging out with Miriam, Tony, Ramon, Arturo, Jose, Ann-Marie, etc....

I missed hard banging techno and Saturday night not only satisfied me, it made me want more. Priviledge has a nice cozy atmosphere to it with a banging sound system. I got there around 11:30 by myself. I had fun just dancing to Berutti's set. Started off nice and techy/house, then got harder. Ramon told me as an opening dj he was too hard, but IMO nothing is ever TOO HARD...lol! Then Smith comes on and as Trance fans say "I DIED". I couldn't believe the shit he was spinning. He did slow it down at times, but as was said before, you kinda have to put some variety in the mix so that it keeps the beats fresh. He added some 80's retro flava and alternative rock, but spun it into a techno mix. Sweeeeeeet!

Then we headed off to Space (thanks Tony). Did some more dancin til I almost passed out.

The whole night was nothing but great tunes, great friends and great times :aright:

im so glad to hear good reviews every weekend......couldnt make it but a lot of my friends told me it was a great party....is very refreshing to have a new club in town that is worth visiting....and it only will get better...word in the street is runing fast and lots of people want to go there on saturday night........keep up the good work!!.... real underground vibe,no hassle at the door....music oriented crowd that just want to jump and have fun..........i only wish that the few stupid people in this board who dont know shit about music, mostly those who have an agenda stop posting negative stuff about this club cuz they are doing a great job and will be here for a long time.

Originally posted by blendprod

im so glad to hear good reviews every weekend......couldnt make it but a lot of my friends told me it was a great party....is very refreshing to have a new club in town that is worth visiting....and it only will get better...word in the street is runing fast and lots of people want to go there on saturday night........keep up the good work!!.... real underground vibe,no hassle at the door....music oriented crowd that just want to jump and have fun..........i only wish that the few stupid people in this board who dont know shit about music, mostly those who have an agenda stop posting negative stuff about this club cuz they are doing a great job and will be here for a long time.

:werd:

one more thing to add..my 2nd drink was on the house as well as my third being $2 less than the first. :aright:

Originally posted by blendprod

don't worry about the negativity, those people are just jealous because they don't get it, or don't own it, and could never pull off anything even slightly as cool

Originally posted by djdekan

.......... Around 3:00 Mursa came by and NO PROBLEM getting him in comped.

it was around 240am :mad::) .

Christian Smith was Banging it out Gangsta-style when i first arrived ,,,, pleasant surprize for someone who never heard or him and didn't know what to expect .... he then toned down the tempo, but it was still enjoyable .

Really a treat to hang-see with all you people and having you all inside my "party shuttle" .

:tongue:

..... Dec,27 Carola ! :idea:

Originally posted by diegonyc

yeah but even too much of techno gets to sound a bit stale. it's about variety and versatility nowadays.

very true, that's what my Friday night party is all about, mixing house and techno, and other stuff into a coherent whole, I'd advise all y'all on here to check it out before it's over! (good things don't last forever ;) )