Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oscar g live from space cd review

mikeynine999

my point: the kid said he works 3 turntables, which he obviously does, but it was great seeing a DJ standing by cd's without vinyl and killing the room with no remorse. there is so much "your not a real dj if you dont use vinyl" and it just proved our point on how many big named guys are using cd's vs. vinyl and traveling ONLY with cd's.

Originally posted by djustinh

my point: the kid said he works 3 turntables, which he obviously does, but it was great seeing a DJ standing by cd's without vinyl and killing the room with no remorse. there is so much "your not a real dj if you dont use vinyl" and it just proved our point on how many big named guys are using cd's vs. vinyl and traveling ONLY with cd's.

Yep :)

TRUE

Fliz: you have to keep in mind all of the drama that goes on within new jersey and alot of kids who are up and coming take alot of heat for only playing cd's. to each their own, you can hook a mic up and slap your chest and beat on your ass as long as it makes a decent sound and gets the floor moving, i dont care if your using cd's, vinyl, or your b00ty to make the floor move, as long as you arent using prorams that automatically synch your beats, in which ill still give them the benefit of the doubt cause then u have to learn how to truly mix where, when and why with songs. Seeing oscar using nothing but cd's was a relief in the firm beliefe that more and more jocks are using 60% or more of cd's.

Final Scratch. enough said :)

p.s. i roll with 4 books of cd's and maybe 30 records nowadays. i guess im not a real dj :tongue:

Originally posted by mikeynine999

IT JUST THAT IN MY EYES IF U PLAY VINYL I THINK ITS BETTER BUT NOWADAYS MOST SHIT IS GIVEN TO YOU ON PROMO CD OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT

maybe a better sound, but again if you rip vinyl correctly and have the proper tools you can have it sound very very very similar. but ill give you this, vinyl pieces that have heavy really deep basslines can't be duplicated ;):tongue:

maybe a better sound, but again if you rip vinyl correctly and have the proper tools you can have it sound very very very similar. but ill give you this, vinyl pieces that have heavy really deep basslines can't be duplicated ;):tongue:

I HEAR YOU ON THAT NOTE

yeah man the bass is the shit on vinyl!

wassup wit u man, havent seen you on mmr in a while?

Guest saleen351

i get to watch him in the booth at space and old space and i was there at surf club, the guy is just a great dj.... Cds or wax it don't matter, and that set at surf was sick, though i must admit Kirk destroyed that room earlier on, I wish i had kirks set on cd...:eek:

btw, you guys should see stryke dj, the guy does it with lap top, old machines, decks, cds etc...

oh and he played ARC that sat night, so i'm sure he had vinyl with him, but planned out his set at surf with just cds...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

FYI, He played in the Hamptons that Sat night.

friday night he played ARC, then sat at the hamptons..

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by djoscarg

Thanks for all the kind words guys!!

I am really glad you are enjoying the cds...my goal was to capture what a Saturday night at Space is like...I hope it worked!!:cool:

(and thanks to my buddy who linked me to this thread;) )

see you at Space!!

O.G.:D

i picture myself in space when i listen to it man i love it