Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank you

No, actually the same staff from LIFE moved over to Spa right when Life closed - I worked the last night, NYE 1999 into 2000, then Spa began.........I actually think it was around April 2000 that Spa opened, they took a few months off after the closing to re group..........

I lived on 13th and University actually :) What an area huh - miss it!!!!

Spa was a mess (the entire thing - not talking about the door) compared to every Steven Lewis event that went on back from the 90's and esp from the same nights moved from Life - wasn't the same. Im not talking about someone who never went to Life and showed up at Spa, to them it would def. be a cute place, Im comparing the two. Life was a club, a lounge, all types of ppl/music/vibes/events/ mixed everything up into one - spa didn't even come close, for many reasons, but mainly b/c of the space itself... anyway a whole diff tangent :)

My bf just works @ Maze - I only go to keep him company or on special events aka Peter for White party etc - I wasnt making comments on how places are in Southbeach, just stating how TOO many places open up and not enough ppl to go around. Opium, Bed, and Pearl were cute before but are a little tired now IMO (when you live here, its different than coming to visit and only going to these places everya few times a year) but the nik.beach scene got tired a while ago - way too much of just what you describe, trying way too hard :)

In any case - lets discuss something more fun, like Arena :)~ lol

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O

born/raised @key biscayne (c. grove dude) from 88 - 99

every year I breath 6 months of air in sobe then nyc for winter

wmc '04 A+ economy for sobe

maze & arena Just doen'st cut it for me

i even read some dude here talking about DEEP in nyc - lmao.....

Deep in nyc layout was copied from this HUGE Upscale Lounge in D.R.

here is the diff: D.r. lounge opened 4 years ago - deep opened 4 months ago LOL

What Arena are you talkin about - I was making a joke referring to Arena @ Palladium in the mid 90's w/ Junior V (anyone who knows me knows why) Basically saying shit went downhill after 98ish..

Im losing your point about clubs being copied - IMO everything is copied from everything, it's 2003 and clubs have existed for so many years that ideas are recycled again and again, IMO again I think IBIZA clubs are what a lot of designers strive for and my favorites being Pacha and Space Ibiza - I can understand why!

Really is irrelevant where it comes from, if it works it works, When Danny first started at Vinyl it was a big ugly empty basement w/ no promotion (aside from Rob) and it WORKED x 100000 because it just was great - no help needed.........These days places try way too hard and oversaturate themselves w/ promoters/ideas and its too much of something that just doesnt work..........

& for the 3'd time, I am not saying Maze is GOOD I'm saying my on random events w/ someone good spinning, it's good re: the music. (as is anywhere w/ someone good spinning) Jesus christ :)

Originally posted by MissDiva

What Arena are you talkin about - I was making a joke referring to Arena @ Palladium in the mid 90's w/ Junior V (anyone who knows me knows why) Basically saying shit went downhill after 98ish..

Im losing your point about clubs being copied - IMO everything is copied from everything, it's 2003 and clubs have existed for so many years that ideas are recycled again and again, IMO again I think IBIZA clubs are what a lot of designers strive for and my favorites being Pacha and Space Ibiza - I can understand why!

Really is irrelevant where it comes from, if it works it works, When Danny first started at Vinyl it was a big ugly empty basement w/ no promotion (aside from Rob) and it WORKED x 100000 because it just was great - no help needed.........These days places try way too hard and oversaturate themselves w/ promoters/ideas and its too much of something that just doesnt work..........

72 hours ago, this dude said something about deep nyc being the BEST ..... I WAS LIKE u are pathetic... not you, some1 else.

pacha by far (2nd floor OUTSIDE patio - upscale in San Antonio)

space has nothing to see (terrace and inside)

amenesia a+

privilege a-

I though Amnesia and Priv were both massive and nicely done - Manumisson/Monday was a great thing to experience but CHEESEY crowd - I think it started turning cheesey in 99 when E had the Ibiza special lol

Space Ibz. is the people/vibe/energy/lineup/consistency - overall just did it for me, didn't have to impress w/ all of the stuff that other places did (shows, dancers)

To me , THAT is impressive - when you have nothing but a plain club, and make it so good w/ just the people, music and energy... that's 100x more impressive/amazing time then paying people to entertain you by dancing around on stilts :)

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah IMO blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah IMO blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahIMO

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah IMO!

:laugh:

Originally posted by sutogame

this sobecrobar dude is probably k-smooth

congrats ksmooth you finally got a job in a city club

bathroom attendant.....good shit

hahaha mad funny....on the other note Ibiza is amazing...i agree with every point u 2 made about the places like space, pacha and priveledge...NYC clubs should take after their policies...they dont give a flying fuck if ur wearing D&G from head to toe or if ur wearing a Champion tshirt...and theres no way that guy bought it for $325 at Barneys thats just a retarded statement (like anyone would be able to tell anyway)...everyone is up for it in ibiza...here when u have these super trendy parties with people wearing D&G or what have u, they stand like statues and sip their martinis...why the hell would a club the size of crobar open for that type of crowd

Agreed...you can't explain why 2390482304 sweaty european w/some americans thrown in :) mushed together happy as can be dancing for 20 hours str8 is the BEST you can get - :)

I remember the last few days of summer 2001 after the attacks, Carl Cox on the terrace, It was so much energy the place was burstingggggggggggggg...........As much as I love NYC & USA nothing compares to that feeling!!!!

I though Amnesia and Priv were both massive and nicely done - Manumisson/Monday was a great thing to experience but CHEESEY crowd - I think it started turning cheesey in 99 when E had the Ibiza special lol

Space Ibz. is the people/vibe/energy/lineup/consistency - overall just did it for me, didn't have to impress w/ all of the stuff that other places did (shows, dancers)

To me , THAT is impressive - when you have nothing but a plain club, and make it so good w/ just the people, music and energy... that's 100x more impressive/amazing time then paying people to entertain you by dancing around on stilts :)

I started off with bora bora beach in playa de en Bossa Free until 12midnight.. then 7 blocks distance to space.

40 hrs marathon with seb fontaine then carl cox

Space is just glass, cement, etc.... Is different i guess

The original flavor of a club was amnesia IMO, due to the aRchitectual design on both rooms of the club up to and indlucing the original foam party at amnesia.

Manumission & circo Loco at privilege with their dj on top of the swimming pool was OK... the show is amazing.

after, after, after hours with dt at dc10 then eden speechless

el divino was ok

btw their locals called it eivissa, you probably saw the name of the airport when you got back to the states.

Originally posted by sobecrobar

I started off with bora bora beach in playa de en Bossa Free until 12midnight.. then 7 blocks distance to space.

40 hrs marathon with seb fontaine then carl cox

Space is just glass, cement, etc.... Is different i guess

The original flavor of a club was amnesia IMO, due to the aRchitectual design on both rooms of the club up to and indlucing the original foam party at amnesia.

Manumission & circo Loco at privilege with their dj on top of the swimming pool was OK... the show is amazing.

after, after, after hours with dt at dc10 then eden speechless

el divino was ok

btw their locals called it eivissa, you probably saw the name of the airport when you got back to the states.

i went the last 2 years (2002 and 03) for the Radio 1 weekends both years....unfortunately i wish i would have gone a few years back...i was up for it but my friends werent...i feel in 2002 its got too commercial...it was still unreal nonetheless....my first year i was more of a rookie and didnt do nearly as much as i did the second year...Danny Howells at DC10, Roger Sanchez at Pacha and Darren Emerson (my favorite DJ) at Pacha were nights that u could dream of in NYC...it can just never happen like it does there...Bora Bora is simply amazing from 4 oclock on...the place next door has the shower party on saturdays which was the first thing i went to both years after my flight landed....its incredible...missed Carl Cox on the terrace cause of Emerson at Pacha..next year ill make it to that...u also left out the sunset at Mambo and the sunset strip...and the get sloppy before the clubs chill in the West End

Originally posted by joecrack13

i went the last 2 years (2002 and 03) for the Radio 1 weekends both years....unfortunately i wish i would have gone a few years back...i was up for it but my friends werent...i feel in 2002 its got too commercial...it was still unreal nonetheless....my first year i was more of a rookie and didnt do nearly as much as i did the second year...Danny Howells at DC10, Roger Sanchez at Pacha and Darren Emerson (my favorite DJ) at Pacha were nights that u could dream of in NYC...it can just never happen like it does there...Bora Bora is simply amazing from 4 oclock on...the place next door has the shower party on saturdays which was the first thing i went to both years after my flight landed....its incredible...missed Carl Cox on the terrace cause of Emerson at Pacha..next year ill make it to that...u also left out the sunset at Mambo and the sunset strip...and the get sloppy before the clubs chill in the West End

you both are talking about bora bora (diva and yourself)

RIGHT NOW, CLOSE YOUR FUCKING EYES and tell me what feeling you get when planes fly by bora bora...............omfg every1 on top of the chairs dancing FROM 12NOON - 12midnight Pre GAME free, dj was INSIDE THE BAR............omfg AMAZING JUST HEARING HUNDREDS OF OF PEOPLE yelling at every single plane flying by...

pacha was upscale, clean, well mofo decorating, i was there with pete tong and tall paul 4 years straight, taking the disco shuttle from space into amenesia was fun

also sundowns at cafe del mar with oakenfold

Originally posted by sobecrobar

you both are talking about bora bora (diva and yourself)

RIGHT NOW, CLOSE YOUR FUCKING EYES and tell me what feeling you get when planes fly by bora bora...............omfg every1 on top of the chairs dancing FROM 12NOON - 12midnight Pre GAME free, dj was INSIDE THE BAR............omfg AMAZING JUST HEARING HUNDREDS OF OF PEOPLE yelling at every single plane flying by...

pacha was upscale, clean, well mofo decorating, i was there with pete tong and tall paul 4 years straight, taking the disco shuttle from space into amenesia was fun

also sundowns at cafe del mar with oakenfold

i think im crying...i have a great pic of a plane flying overhead from this year...its my background on my computer......ill post it below.....didnt know oakey would do cafe del mar..thought him and his ego were too big for it...coastline has some good ass food though

You know.... if nightlife in NYC doesn't start changing for the better...its a perfect excuse to stay home through the winter... Where it's warm... and not outside freezing your ass off in front of a place you might not even get into...and get abused by some thug at the door.... I was just out with some freinds... and someone who I know very vell.... not the type of person who exaggerates a situation.... just confirmed what alot of people here are saying.... The people at your door have very serious attitude problems... very unprofessional... and condescending... I wouldn't normally beleive it... but this is coming from someone who was once a doorr person at a very upscale venue in Chicago during the mid/late 80's and is familiar with your other clubs... It's just wrong ... I guess I wasn't exposed to the harsh reality of it all because I was scurried in by someone who was there to write a review and treated differently... I'd be reluctant to go back after what I heard at dinner tonaight......no matter how great the place is.....

and just one more...this is so sick it looks like a postcard...taken at 830 in the morning after coming home from the second best night (roger sanchez at Pacha) but overall best day (cause of DC-10 earlier that afternoon)..this is the sunrise from my friends balcony in Playa d'en Bossa...the hotel is the Jet Bossa right next door to Bora Bora...enjoy...i have plenty more if u request

Originally posted by joecrack13

and just one more...this is so sick it looks like a postcard...taken at 830 in the morning after coming home from the second best night (roger sanchez at Pacha) but overall best day (cause of DC-10 earlier that afternoon)..this is the sunrise from my friends balcony in Playa d'en Bossa...the hotel is the Jet Bossa right next door to Bora Bora...enjoy...i have plenty more if u request

jet apts owns bora bora beach

you are referring to the JETS Hotel or jet apts?

i will post some pics tomorrow