Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cheetah / Boris

Merrit...........werk!

What was the name of that Greek song he played, loved it.

Anthony Lamont gave all his wardrobe to Paris Hilton, I think. Or he ran out of fabric.....u see what he was wearing?? lol.

Anyway, I hadn't been there in ages, if more of the guidos weren't there this weekend....good.;)

* yea i didnt care snow rain watever i was goin sunday...last week w/ vicious was pretty good but this week was sick . i've seen boris a few times at disco but cheetah was WAY better. good crowd too...always a fun party. plus u cant beat freeeeeeeee b4 midnite for all us broke kids . only part that sux is work monday :( ill take it tho...cant miss ASSETERIA :P

Deniz,

I probably was introduced to you I'm just terrible with names. Not to mention by the time I got to Cheetah I had been up for 3 days ;) . I feel like an ass asking but what were you wearing? That would probably help me remember who you are before anything.

Originally posted by sheendawg

You know I GOTS to come in and co-sign! Nice meeting you, Ashley and Someclown! ;)

The music was extra hard, I thought, and I loved it. The regular crazies were holding it down as well, I had a blast, as usual.

Hey Sheendawg!!! Nice to meet you too. I had a really good time. It took me 2 days to fully recover ;) I wonder where Asseteria is going to go after Cheetah closes?

ASSETERIA is all about DJ MERRITT. BORING BORIS has no type of flavor or soul or style just hard mindless beats for the old factory crowd and or druggies who dont know what REAL HOUSE MUSIC IS. If you think this is the only party of its kind then you are lost. ASSETERIA was a wonderful party and still is a great party. But the overflow of A/X shirts anddragon ballz people and girls who dance like guys who all dance the same. Has really ruined a great party. 18yr olds runnnin around with sunglasses in the dark SHEESH. I bet you all of you next week wont even know the difference when DJ SCRIBBLE and JASON OJEDA are their next week. MERRITT is such and underated dj and has STYLE.

Ive heard boris enough times at websterhall, discotheque, and cheetah and i respect him but i dont like his style. But im sure theirs a lot of people who do. So enjoy. But i only go to get "ASS" when MERRITT is spinning.

I can honestly say I have never had a terrible time in there. Of course some weekends were better then others. I always get a good vibe in there though. Regardless of where you go though there are going to be people around that you don't necessarily want there. Everyone has their own style and if wearing sunglasses in a dark club floats their boat I say go for it. It's all about having fun! :cool:

Originally posted by silverbull

ASSETERIA is all about DJ MERRITT. BORING BORIS has no type of flavor or soul or style just hard mindless beats for the old factory crowd and or druggies who dont know what REAL HOUSE MUSIC IS. If you think this is the only party of its kind then you are lost. ASSETERIA was a wonderful party and still is a great party. But the overflow of A/X shirts anddragon ballz people and girls who dance like guys who all dance the same. Has really ruined a great party. 18yr olds runnnin around with sunglasses in the dark SHEESH. I bet you all of you next week wont even know the difference when DJ SCRIBBLE and JASON OJEDA are their next week. MERRITT is such and underated dj and has STYLE.

Ive heard boris enough times at websterhall, discotheque, and cheetah and i respect him but i dont like his style. But im sure theirs a lot of people who do. So enjoy. But i only go to get "ASS" when MERRITT is spinning.

tissue?

someclown..... WADDUUUUUUUUUUP? glad you guys enjoyed on sunday

Originally posted by silverbull

i disagree.

boris is a "great dj" on sundays = underground

boris is a terrible dj on thu/fri/saturdays = commercial/ktu

Merritt is great dj

ojeda is terrible dj both commercial(mirage) & underground

Skribble is a terrible dj alltogether

boris is just BETTER!!!

good night.

i agree!

ASSEteria is a great party, as is the spcae, i mean its 12west, ts a very LEGENDARY space in manhattan,

But the crowd has changed, as it does WHEN Anything is good, so i dont go as much, i bet it be slammen on a sat, cause sunday's there's not much left for the Straight crowd.

sundays is deff a hotspot in the gay clubs,

Avalon.

Xl

Stress

Brook

Silverbull,

Your ignorance and stereotypes shed light on all of your insecurities! First of all, Boris has never, ever played at Webster Hall. So how you heard him there and passed judgement on his style is beyond me! Second of all, I for the most part am pretty sober at Cheetah, and have been supporting Rob's party for quite some time, and can honestly say have never seen anyone wearing sunglasses there! And how can you judge the quality of a clubgoer by what they are wearing at a party that is based on "the wear whatever you want" attitude and the music! Good Music is something that anyone, anywhere should have the privelage of hearing! Not just the people who fit into your mold of "cool". Guys like Boris and your acclaimed Merrit, who I happen to love, have the same common denominator-They love what they do, and the people that love them for it. It's not all about the money to everyone. Some do it for the joy it brings! I know for a fact Merrit, loves to play for a crowd that appreciates him and his god given talent, as does Boris! They don't give a F#*K what the people are wearing, as long as they are dancing and screaming. Many clubs are poisoned by the people who go, stand around the dancefloor and just judge everything. "Look what he's wearing," "What is he playing," and my favorite "I hate the way they dance." These are the same people who stick to their clique's and miss the whole point of going out! I remember a time when the whole club would know each other and respect each other. Sometimes 4000 people shared a night together. Now I'm lucky if I find 400 people to share a night with, because a lot of people share a lot of your views. Me and you, are no better than anyone else, we have no right to pass judgement on anyone! Don't ever forget, they're there for the same reasons we are, they love the music. That alone means they are at least worth knowing. BORIS and MERRIT are CHEETAH! Because of them it was a great party!

**Ashley**

Yeah, that was me, that was the same story i would've told how we met, It was a pleasure meeting you. At least some people know why we are there. I am going this weekend, music we'll be a little different, but i'm sure it'll be fun as always. What are you doing NYE!

-DDM!

I agree he has a great following and goog for him. But its his style of playing that i think doesnt have any type of flow or style. Hey maybe my ears arent just feeling it but that doesnt mean 100s of people wont. Hey ive been lsitening to house music for 14 yrs now. So my style went from deep house to techno to trance to progressive and tribal todark. And now ive eleminated techno a bit and trance completely, and now deep house is back or my tastes, garage house,etc. Maybe it has to do with a developing ear or who knows. But hey all boris fans enjoy him and follow him thats all i can say. I was just stating an opinion.

And im friends with the dj of websterhall sat nights rick corbo for a few now and boris use to play on sat nights when rick was someplace else. It was even on the marquee outside th club. Ive met boris one of those nights and he invited me to hear him at discotheque and i was like well lemme give him another shot. And ive been doin that since. I just cant get into his sets, like im sure other people cant get into other djs as well. Hes spun their at least 4 times in like 1999 till 2001 that i know of.

Maybe a different Boris, but the Boris we are referring to has never played Webster Hall. I know this as fact! Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, had you stated your case differently, I wouldn't have even posted against you! I've been to over 500 clubs in across 6 different countries. I've had the privelage of experiencing every major name DJ in the world. A lot of them I didn't like. However, I've never described any of them as "boring", just different, or not my taste! I'm sure if we ever cross paths, we'll have a lot to talk about, and we may even be friends! Keeping an open mind increases the chances of greater more meaningful experiences! -DDM