Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Go Libya.

cintron

So Libya is agreeing to dismantle its WMD stockpiles and programs after months of secret negotiation between them, london and washington.

not bad. For a change, i LIKE to be reminded that we are doing stuff behind the scenes.

It takes a lot for Qaddafi to do that - it must be an enormous loss of face in the anti-american community.

I just hope others are encouraged to follow suit. It'd be a nice sign to send if we can welcome Libya back into the "community of nations", upon successful dismantling of their WMD programs.

Originally posted by cintron

So Libya is agreeing to dismantle its WMD stockpiles and programs after months of secret negotiation between them, london and washington.

not bad. For a change, i LIKE to be reminded that we are doing stuff behind the scenes.

It takes a lot for Qaddafi to do that - it must be an enormous loss of face in the anti-american community.

I just hope others are encouraged to follow suit. It'd be a nice sign to send if we can welcome Libya back into the "community of nations", upon successful dismantling of their WMD programs.

This was a very encouraging development. No doubt accelerated by the combination of U.S. actions in Iraq and Qaddafi's memories of the U.S. spanking he once recieved.

Of course, the Bush administration will not get any credit for this from the antiBush haters, like other notable achievements. So be it. History will.

Originally posted by xpyrate

i wonder what was said behind the scenes ... and why couldn't we have dealt with iraq this way?

Sometimes I wonder if you just throw things out there to see if you can top your own personal bests in stupidity.

Originally posted by xpyrate

i wonder what was said behind the scenes ... and why couldn't we have dealt with iraq this way?

i wonder too.

as for Iraq - saddam signed the treaty at the end of the first gulf war. He was OBLIGATED to dismantle.

We didnt need to say anything to him. The UN should have made sure he lived up to his obligation.

He delayed for over a decade, kicked UN inspectors out, hampered their progress whenever possible. Why be a dickhead if you had no wmd?

either way - Libya got the memo.

Some people just always have to put a negative spin on EVERY freakin thing they see, hear, speak of, etc.

What ever happen to being positive in life?

I mean, I bet if this type of person won the lottery.. say... 2 million.. they would STILL be super depressed becuase they didnt win 3, 5, or 7 million instead.

As if money has real worth in long anyways..

Very cool info to hear though. Lots of stuff always goes on behind the scenes, and its awesome when something of a positive nature comes out of these actions as a result..:clap:

Originally posted by cintron

i wonder too.

as for Iraq - saddam signed the treaty at the end of the first gulf war. He was OBLIGATED to dismantle.

We didnt need to say anything to him. The UN should have made sure he lived up to his obligation.

He delayed for over a decade, kicked UN inspectors out, hampered their progress whenever possible. Why be a dickhead if you had no wmd?

either way - Libya got the memo.

indeed -this news is positive- but keep a close watch on Qadafi- this one recent act, does not alter his history- see PAN AM etc etc- remember the kind of animal we're talking about here children

Originally posted by pattbateman

never i for one dont want them dismantled

they saw what we did with iraq he didnt wanna loose power so he got smart and backed down!

These nogotions have been in the works for awhile. If you recall as a good will gesture he allowed for compensation to be paid to family members of the terrorist attack he probably authorized. Read up there, buddy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20967-2003Dec22.html

Saturday, after several months of quiet discussions with U.S. and British officials, the Libyan government formally told the IAEA that "Libya had been engaged for more than a decade in the development of a uranium enrichment capability," ElBaradei said.

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

These nogotions have been in the works for awhile. If you recall as a good will gesture he allowed for compensation to be paid to family members of the terrorist attack he probably authorized. Read up there, buddy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20967-2003Dec22.html

So you don't think Sadam coming out of a hole had anything to with pushing him over the top to comply?

Originally posted by normalnoises

When is the US going to dismantle THEIR WMDs?

My theory..

Is that the U.S. is really being the gentleman of the world by allowing everyone to dismantle first...

Sort of chivilaric waiting to be the last you think? lol....

More serious normal, in a perfect world there would not be a single WMD anywhere..but..

Es not perfect...

one way i can put this soeveryone understands libya was under un sanctions during the entire time they were making nuclear weapons just like iraq was and a perfect example on how the U N

is useless.

didnt we kill Qadafi's family???bush sr???i belive so. i think he knows now we are through with his shit