Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Al Gore's son charged with pot possession

igloo

Al Gore's son charged with pot possession

Saturday, December 20, 2003 Posted: 10:28 PM EST (0328 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of former Vice President Al Gore was arrested Friday night on a marijuana possession charge after police stopped the car he was driving for not having its headlights on, according to a news release from the Montgomery County, Maryland, Department of Police Services.

Albert Gore III, 21, was behind the wheel of a Cadillac driving in downtown Bethesda at 11:30 p.m. EST Friday when it was spotted by a unit with the Montgomery County Police Holiday Task Force, the statement said.

After he pulled the car over, Officer Robert Cassels noticed all of its windows and the sunroof were opened despite the freezing temperature, and he "smelled the odor of marijuana coming from inside the car," the statement said.

A search of the car found "a partial marijuana cigarette" and "a cardboard cigarette box with a baggie containing suspected marijuana," the police statement said.

In addition to Gore, police charged two male passengers in the car with a misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana. The three were released from jail, pending trial.

Gore, a Harvard University student, has had previous brushes with the law. He was ticketed for reckless driving by North Carolina police in August 2000 when he was clocked going 94 mph. Military police arrested him for drunk driving near a military base in Virginia in September 2002.

sweet jesus, hang the kid.

we had a Home Secretary, Jack Straw, now foriegn dude, his son got set up by a newspaper, they bought some weed of him...

busted hardcore.

prince harry is a known weed smoker.

so fucking what.

bush is a former coke head alcoholic.

although being stoned and driving should be as punishable as drink driving, although it's techincally safer than drink driving...

Originally posted by marksimons

sweet jesus, hang the kid.

we had a Home Secretary, Jack Straw, now foriegn dude, his son got set up by a newspaper, they bought some weed of him...

busted hardcore.

prince harry is a known weed smoker.

so fucking what.

bush is a former coke head alcoholic.

Holy Fucking shit I agree with you. That is my point of posting the thread......the anticipated hypocrisy.

Let's see if the media and dickheads like you "highlight" this as much as you do Bush and his daughters......

with regards to bush's daughters, have I ever mentioned them? I don't give a shit, the US has stupid drinking laws, in france you can be 14 and by beer or wine, in america, 18 or more likely 21, fucked up...

so the president's daughters like a drink, if they didn't I'd wonder if they were actually his... muahahaahaem... ooh I do crack myself up sometimes...

and will any of them in the mass media even mention all those people actually in prison for minor non violent drugs offences?

I fucking doubt it.

igloo, you feel that posession and selling of majiuana should be punishable? or should it be legal, above board and licensed like alcohol?

with regards to bush's daughters, have I ever mentioned them? I don't give a shit, the US has stupid drinking laws, in france you can be 14 and by beer or wine, in america, 18 or more likely 21, fucked up...

so the president's daughters like a drink, if they didn't I'd wonder if they were actually his... muahahaahaem... ooh I do crack myself up sometimes...

and will any of them in the mass media even mention all those people actually in prison for minor non violent drugs offences?

I fucking doubt it.

igloo, you feel that posession and selling of majiuana should be punishable? or should it be legal, above board and licensed like alcohol?

No, you have not mentioned Bush's daughters, but you have mentioned Bush's past..plenty..so you are guilty of hypocrisy (not unexpected)

The debate on posession and selling are two very different ones......and I certainly see both sides of the debate...

I wonder where I would stand though if I had kids of my own

ask yourself if you'd like to see your kid locked up for a few years for being enterprising and selling high quality reasonably priced weed to their friends...

have you ever seen the film City of God either?

I would hope that my kid would be "enterprising" in another capacity

yeah but weed is easy money, and a nice smoke.

weed should be legal.

look.

do you believe in god?

if we make weed illegal, isn't that like saying god made a mistake? and who are we to judge god?

seriously, if you've not seen City of God, go rent the DVD and watch the documentary on it.

city of god is a must see.

---

This movie was moving, explosive, fascinating and riveting. I could not believe the raw and gritty reality of the lives of these people and the Brazillian ghetto where everything takes place. The film deserves an award of the highest caliber for its honesty, style, and purity. I absolutely recommend it to documentary lovers and truth seekers alike.

Was this review helpful to you?

Very realistic ...., December 12, 2003

Reviewer: Brian (see more about me) from Philadelphia, PA United States

This movie tells the story of three kids who grow up in a slum area of Rio de Janeiro. Hopefully viewers won't think that all slums are this violent but certainly there are some that are gang and drug infested. This movie shocked many middle-class Brazilians who never venture into the slum areas known as favelas. The movie also shows in a covert way how racism still exist in Brazil even though Brazilians prefer to call it class discrimination. The movie is well shot, the music is great and the acting if first rate. Add to that a good unpredictable storyline and it's easy to see how viewers will be glued to the screen.

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen!, December 11, 2003

Reviewer: A viewer from Chicago, IL

This movie, to use a cliche, had me on the edge of my seat. I have been waiting for the DVD since last year. After a depressing day teaching, I forgot all my troubles when I watched this highly engrossing movie. I highly recommend this movie to everyone!

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:

Amazing, November 29, 2003

Reviewer: Luis Gustavo Paschoal de Freitas from Pennsylvania, USA

I have seen City of God a lot of times and this is indeed one of the greatest Brazilian movies ever. Not only for its interesting story but also for giving a unique chance for so many talented young actors, Fernando Meirelles showed us the quality of a real Director, using the fiction and the reality of the 'favelas' in big cities.

I am so glad that the movie will be available on Dec. 2nd, 2003, so then lots of people will at least have the option to get it and watch it once we don't give the right value to foreign movies in this country.

If you get to watch it, I can tell you that it is nothing like the movies we are used to in the US. We should learn to appreciate foreign movies better, because many times they show a much better quality than the movies we have here.

Cidade de Deus is for SURE the best movie in years!!!

Originally posted by igloo

Holy Fucking shit I agree with you. That is my point of posting the thread......the anticipated hypocrisy.

Let's see if the media and dickheads like you "highlight" this as much as you do Bush and his daughters......

But ir's alright for Bushie's sluts to swill booze and snort coke??

Originally posted by xpyrate

bush-cocaine.jpg

ok iggy, my comedically challenged friend, who is the hypocrite?

You fucking imbecile...Could you be any more dumb, seriously.

Here is my exact post:

ANTICIPATED HYPOCRISY......of Bush's daughters' getting slammed in the press and me wondering if Gore's son would get the same spotlight...not to mention some of you dickheads who like bringing up President Bush's drinking

Understand you fucking moron?....

Personally, I could care less what these kids do, but as I stated, I posted the news because of Bush's daughters always getting slammed...

Is that simple enough for you retard?........My first post spelled it out clearly (hint: I said Bush daughters right there for you to read), and yet you still could not comprehend.

Stop trying to be clever, and try and "catch" the powerful Igloo. My shit kernels are more intelligent than you.

Xpyrate.....seriously, you are dumb, stupid, and a moron.......stop embarassing yourself

for one thing i was referring to bush as the hypocrite not you ... second gore isn't president therefor his son isn't going to get the same amount of press ... if he were president and bushs daughters got more press i would be suprised

Bush as the hypocrite?????????

Why would thought ever cross your fucking defective mind in this situation?

Is Bush all over the airwaves condemning Gore's son?...

Remarkable what streams from your ass

STFU imbecile.............you showed your absolute moronic thinking, again....deal with it (including your partner abnormalnoises)

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

It's funny how Igloo always like to point out hypocracy when the Republican party and most conservatives are the biggest hypocrits in history.

Igloo, get a fucking life, would you?

Wow....breathtaking insight.....keep'em coming ol'wise one.....at this pace, you are destined to beat xpyrate in the "find the hidden strawberry" game on the back of a Frankenberry box (Champion of Cereals)

Wow....breathtaking insight.....keep'em coming ol'wise one.....at this pace, you are destined to beat xpyrate in the "find the hidden strawberry" game on the back of a Frankenberry box (Champion of Cereals)

it's amazing how schooled you are in childrens literature and kiddie cereals and such ... im thinking that's where you get your ideas for posts

it's amazing how schooled you are in childrens literature and kiddie cereals and such ... im thinking that's where you get your ideas for posts

I noticed you are now using a normal font, and you are starting to come close to complete sentences.....

Seriously, is someone helping you?

I noticed you are now using a normal font, and you are starting to come close to complete sentences.....

Seriously, is someone helping you?

:confused:ummm ... im not using normal font ... your pc probably doesn't have the font in its registry therefor you cannot see it