Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Men feeling inadequate????

Destiny

I completely agree with somebitch on this one. It doesn't matter how much you think he'll enjoy the gift, or how good it makes you feel that you can give him an expensive present. The point of gift giving is to make a person feel good and appreciated. Even though you mean well, you're making your friend feel rotten. I think you should exchange the gift.

This year I made it clear to my friends and family that I don't have money to exchange gifts because I'm moving. They still insist on buying me gifts, and now I feel like I have to do the same. Yeah, it's nice that they still want to give me something, but all they're really giving me is stress and empty pockets. Keep your friend's wishes in mind, and do the right thing. And remember, the holidays are not about gift giving.

Originally posted by Destiny

:laugh: sure

I'll let you know what happens

I tried to tell him that I didnt want anything, that I would just like to spend time with him, but he said too bad you're getting a present.

So he set the limit at $50...perfect...however I never agreed to it.

So I'm ready to buy the gift...and he flips.

It doesnt bother me whether or not I get a gift, how much they spend or whatever. I'll spend $80 even if they spend $20 on mine...if i see something i'll know they'll like i'll get it, i hate being restricted to a price range. I get them a gift to be nice, even during the year for no reason. He sees it as if I get him a more expensive gift, then its wrong...its not even that much more then he intended to spend on mine... he's making much more of a big deal about this then it was intended to be.

yeah i am the same way but it is hard when you dont have a lot of money. i cant jsut go out and buy people random shit just to buy it, i like to give people nice, useful things that they will like & that costs a lot of money. there are a lot of things i need and i cant afford, the money i spent on gifts today could have bought me necessities!!

sux not having money. if i had a lot of money, i would buy everyone amazing gifts & wouldnt care about getting shit back. its definitely hard when you give somoene a useful gift that you would love to have youself and they give you something youre gonna throw in a draw. i dunno, i dont want people to spend money on me, i would rather they buy something for themselves.

Originally posted by mala

The point of gift giving is to make a person feel good and appreciated. Even though you mean well, you're making your friend feel rotten. I think you should exchange the gift.

And remember, the holidays are not about gift giving.

yea i think i might get him something else, either that or just have him pick it out himself.

i know its not about gift giving, im not really fond of the idea in the firstplace because of all the drama most people go through with the whole process. I told everyone not to get me anything, but of course no one listened:blank: