Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guess What Peeps....

CrzyC

Originally posted by pod

Don't get me wrong, Apples are decent machines...it's like having a BMW, it's nice, your friends will oo and ahh, but you better show some respect when a Ferarri or a totally custom Shelby job pulls up next to you.

I agree with you 100% on your pc vs. mac analysis but please don't compare apples to bimmers. :)

-Leo

2400? Christ, that's back in the day. I started on BBSes with a clunky external USR 2400 BPS modem...even slapped a copy of Mosaic on my system (back when it was just NCSA), and looked at some of the first pages...even Yahoo (akebono.cs.stanford.edu/~yahoo) <---yeah no convenient www.yahoo.com in the early nineties.

Real BBSing rocked...it was so local, fire up your copy of Procomm+, QModem, Terminate!, or what-have-you, dial in to a creaky computer in your friend's basement (my friend was the shit, galacticomm board, 3 lines!), and go to it...much like the CP meets today, the users would meet once a month or so..it was strictly local though...maybe the county at best...oh and it wasn't too hard to be computer elite then hehe. Now everyone and their mother can at least do the basics under XP...hence the "eternal September" that we've been in since 1996...I'm not advocating a return to CLI, but at the same time, the bulk of the people online need a trout to the head :)

Quick primer...in 1996, AOL connected to the internet via a gateway in Columbus, OH...unleashing a torrent of stupid users, which has not abated. The "September" reference was to the fact that way back when, people would first get online to the world wide internet in September, since their first contact was often through school or college, and they'd get their first accounts in September...the net community as a whole could bitchslap a few thousand students into line, but nevermind a million braindead AOLers.

Originally posted by pod

Apples to Lexuses (Lexii?) then?

Actually did you know that the plural of Virus is viruses and thus the plural of Lexus is Lexuses (and not Lexii).

Check this out --> http://language.perl.com/misc/virus.html

The reason for the confusion is that the plural of Radius is Radii but that is because of the "ius" suffix not the "us" that you find in 'Virus'.

Personally- I'd compare Apples to a Mitsu 3000GT. Looks fast and sleek but in reality is very mediocre and quite sad :)

-Leo

Originally posted by playah

Actually did you know that the plural of Virus is viruses and thus the plural of Lexus is Lexuses (and not Lexii).

Check this out --> http://language.perl.com/misc/virus.html

The reason for the confusion is that the plural of Radius is Radii but that is because of the "ius" suffix not the "us" that you find in 'Virus'.

Personally- I'd compare Apples to a Mitsu 3000GT. Looks fast and sleek but in reality is very mediocre and quite sad :)

-Leo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by playah

-Leo

True, but the common usage is "virii"...came from "octopi", "cacti", and "Elvi" ...it's wrong, but still in use hehe.