Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guess What Peeps....

CrzyC

I FINALLY got my new pc!!! (I know a few of you care ;) ) So, KOKY...as soon as I get back in town its POWERLINK time!!! But you wouldnt believe how fast this thing is even with dialup. Peace out for now and I will see you online laters!!!:D

Bling, it doesn't mean it's for shit. My current PC is 2 years old, and it runs circles around most store-bought tripe today...it's all about upgrades and maintenance...of course, I'm on a 2 year cycle in terms of buying a totally new system, so 2004 will bring a new beast. I'm eyeing an Opteron-based solution right now.

Originally posted by CrzyC

I FINALLY got my new pc!!! (I know a few of you care ;) ) So, KOKY...as soon as I get back in town its POWERLINK time!!! But you wouldnt believe how fast this thing is even with dialup. Peace out for now and I will see you online laters!!!:D

attachment.php?s=&postid=1802331

Originally posted by pod

Bling, it doesn't mean it's for shit. My current PC is 2 years old, and it runs circles around most store-bought tripe today...it's all about upgrades and maintenance...of course, I'm on a 2 year cycle in terms of buying a totally new system, so 2004 will bring a new beast. I'm eyeing an Opteron-based solution right now.

Oh god don't get POD started with PC's...:blank:

Originally posted by jona7

Oh god don't get POD started with PC's...:blank:

Why, feeling inadequate that I can build a system that will smoke a top-of-the line G5 for equal or lesser cost? :laugh: With my choice of operating systems, none designed by a fruit from Cupertino, to boot.

That's the problem with you Mac folk, always startin' shit! :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

Why, feeling inadequate that I can build a system that will smoke a top-of-the line G5 for equal or lesser cost? :laugh: With my choice of operating systems, none designed by a fruit from Cupertino, to boot.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by pod

wanna compete bitch ?? :D :D my pc vs. yours :cool: :cool:

See, that's the common misconception. Those movies and sounds are all data, zeroes and ones...nothing makes them special at the binary level. It's how that data is handled. For awhile, the RISC instruction set in a PowerPC chip excelled at this...less instructions, less things to do, faster execution of machine language...

The Opteron and Athlon64 architectures operate on a similar principle, but with 3 HT pipelines, better branch predicting (literally seeing the future...), addressability of 256 TB of RAM, and an integrated memory controller (meaning there's no slower pipe between CPU and the DIMM banks), mean a faster system overall..not to mention backwards compatibility at no performance cost to the 64-bit environment...

Macs got ingrained in the "art world" due to their early ease of use and so forth..most art types just "want it to work" and not worry about the insides...now, would you think the same about your car? A computer, like a car, needs care and maintenance, and the occasional repair...and if you're clueless, you're gonna get ripped off. Example, my graphics card failed earlier this year...$70 bucks later, I've got a damned nice ATi board with dual DB-15 and 1 DVI output...I can have three monitors off of one controller if I feel like it. Your average Mac user'd call up Apple, and get jacked for $200 or so...but anyway, I'm digressing...

The Mac got ingrained in the art world, and became the "standard" ... even when better platforms come along, the "standard" hangs on...a lot of people I know doing amazing things in music and video are PC folk, and like me, prefer to build their own, rather than letting the stoners in California decide what a system should have.

And the dirty secret of course, is that Apple's G5 systems, which are great boxen btw, have processors and components designed by ATi, Western Digital, IBM/Motorola (the G5 processor design team), 3com, Pioneer, Sony, and ASUS...all respected PC component makers...Apple is little more than a Gateway/Dell choosing to run an operating system other than Windows...which brings me to my next point...I can run god-knows-how-many OSes on a PC, and I'm limited to very few on a Mac, with only one working fully, the rest are very unstable, since Apple feels the need to run a closed architecture.

Don't get me wrong, Apples are decent machines...it's like having a BMW, it's nice, your friends will oo and ahh, but you better show some respect when a Ferarri or a totally custom Shelby job pulls up next to you.

For some examples, check out

www.falcon-nw.com

www.go-l.com

Originally posted by pod

See, that's the common misconception. Those movies and sounds are all data, zeroes and ones...nothing makes them special at the binary level. It's how that data is handled. For awhile, the RISC instruction set in a PowerPC chip excelled at this...less instructions, less things to do, faster execution of machine language...

The Opteron and Athlon64 architectures operate on a similar principle, but with 3 HT pipelines, better branch predicting (literally seeing the future...), addressability of 256 TB of RAM, and an integrated memory controller (meaning there's no slower pipe between CPU and the DIMM banks), mean a faster system overall..not to mention backwards compatibility at no performance cost to the 64-bit environment...

Macs got ingrained in the "art world" due to their early ease of use and so forth..most art types just "want it to work" and not worry about the insides...now, would you think the same about your car? A computer, like a car, needs care and maintenance, and the occasional repair...and if you're clueless, you're gonna get ripped off. Example, my graphics card failed earlier this year...$70 bucks later, I've got a damned nice ATi board with dual DB-15 and 1 DVI output...I can have three monitors off of one controller if I feel like it. Your average Mac user'd call up Apple, and get jacked for $200 or so...but anyway, I'm digressing...

The Mac got ingrained in the art world, and became the "standard" ... even when better platforms come along, the "standard" hangs on...a lot of people I know doing amazing things in music and video are PC folk, and like me, prefer to build their own, rather than letting the stoners in California decide what a system should have.

And the dirty secret of course, is that Apple's G5 systems, which are great boxen btw, have processors and components designed by ATi, Western Digital, IBM/Motorola (the G5 processor design team), 3com, Pioneer, Sony, and ASUS...all respected PC component makers...Apple is little more than a Gateway/Dell choosing to run an operating system other than Windows...which brings me to my next point...I can run god-knows-how-many OSes on a PC, and I'm limited to very few on a Mac, with only one working fully, the rest are very unstable, since Apple feels the need to run a closed architecture.

Don't get me wrong, Apples are decent machines...it's like having a BMW, it's nice, your friends will oo and ahh, but you better show some respect when a Ferarri or a totally custom Shelby job pulls up next to you.

www.falcon-nw.com

www.go-l.com

danny boy , i have to say , im extremely impressed !!:eek: :eek: You are definately a smart ass kid :cool:

& now PLEASE ,

attachment.php?s=&postid=1934982

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

www.falcon-nw.com

www.go-l.com

:deadfish:

Originally posted by pod

www.falcon-nw.com

www.go-l.com

Damn! :eek:

Too much info for me to handle right now........:tongue:

Merry Christmas

Originally posted by pod

www.falcon-nw.com

www.go-l.com

Im not even gonna TRY to read this but....

Mr Vidal...why dont you put all your knowledge to good use and make some mega bucks?????:D

Happy Holidays to you and yours in Guido-land. Hows Saleen doing?:laugh: