Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to do on X-mas night

littlehelper

goody!

sidik khosh haki!!

Originally posted by littlehelper

If you were there last year, you know what to expect.

ONE SLAMIN PARTY

Get out of BED and come to RED Christmas night Dec. 25 2003

DJ Saeed and Special Guest TBA

Just $5 18+ no dress code 11- 3:30 am

RED - Located - 1802 Jefferson Place - NW DC - PARTY ON

LH:)

Originally posted by yakkored

For some reason, I have not once been to Red, maybe this could be the night. Heard it's a sweet lil spot....

it is. it kind of looks like someones basement witha few lights and couches thrown in, but thats part of its charm. Its a great crowd and the music is great - i think its worth checking out. :cool:

Originally posted by silvershoes

it is. it kind of looks like someones basement witha few lights and couches thrown in, but thats part of its charm. Its a great crowd and the music is great - i think its worth checking out. :cool:

werd.

i remember the first time i ever went there. i had no idea if they had a dress code so i called them and asked them if they had a dress code, they just told me "just come dressed." i knew it would be my type of place.

i havent been there in quite some time now.

Guest yakkored
Originally posted by vicman

yah. no dress code.

I saw, but sometimes the crowd itself dictates that, and I didn't want to be sticking out like a sore thumb. I'll be the guy that's low key with a beer and a cigarette..

i'm going. we don't celebrate christmas so i might as well do something.

i never went to red before so i want to see what it's about.

so it's at jefferson street? ... i thought j.st was a residential area around the corner from 5, there's the lebanese restaurant baccus there i think. is this correct?

Originally posted by moto

:werd: girl, this gig sounds tempting, u going? :)

^

as soon as you make a left on jefferson, its to your left beforeyou hit the residential area. its way before the lebanese place. red doesnt really have a sign or anything, big black/reddish window. there'll be a guy standing outside the door. and your set

I went there last night, first time. it's a little too laid back for me but i might visit it again.

the place is laid back, the atmosphere unpretentious, a place to chill and relax. people from all walks of life seem to congregate there. It reminded me of an old french wine cellar where they replaced the floor, added some stools and speakers. Everything is red there, hence the name. when I first walked in, there was a terrible insence smell, similar to that store right before you walk into yoshitoshi. it was overwhelming. most of the people were smokers and covered it up.

most if not all wore jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes, 2 things i don't own (other than my gym shoes). Naturally i felt and looked out of place, and it was painfully obvious. I tried to look very casual at least my idea of it. The wonderul thing was there was none of that annoying "i am so trendy, i imitate everything i see on movie stars and vogue, to the point where i look like everyone else and can't think for myself". there were no drunk people like at 5 either, a definite plus. there was some deathly bored person sitting next to me. if felt so bad for him.

i didn't like the music at first. it started out really progressive but improved later as the night drew on. i'm more of a deep house person.

The people i spoke to were really cool there, very friendly and laid back. i'm very down to earth but not to that extent so i felt odd there. some people looked like they didn't take a bath in days. it's def not a see and be seen eye candy place, but that's probably what people like about it.

some girls made a bet and thought i was japanese, at least it was a good ice breaker. people always think i'm from every country except my own. :confused:

apparently: it gets crowded at 2 and closes at 3? wtf?

red is cool after a stressful day at work, but i have clearly been spoiled by beautiful nyc. kiss kiss habibti nyc.

Originally posted by theblueangel

apparently: it gets crowded at 2 and closes at 3? wtf?

red is cool after a stressful day at work, but i have clearly been spoiled by beautiful nyc. kiss kiss habibti nyc.

might have closed earlier because it was Christmas and stuff. a few times i've been there it had been open until 7.

dc aint ny.