Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New cds

lilliz77

So I went to Virgin megastore on Michigan Avenue yesterday and walked out with 2 new cds. One was Felix da Housecat, and when I first listened to it it sounded like GAY disco house (though the packaging labeled it "Techno"). I turned it off on the 4th track so I can't give an ample review on that one yet. However, the second cd I bought was Umek "TimeWarp"....now this is Techno at its best. Awesome cd. Highly recommend for you Techno heads. :aright:

Guest saleen351

felix is funk, something miami doesn't embrace, yet you are from chi town and so is he. You really need to give the umek cd to a dog to play with and blast the felix.... Felix is a rare dj that can play it all but stay true to his funk sound...

We live in the dark is a felix track that has been blowing up dance floors for 15 years.. He has so many great tunes and i can say for sure he will play nocturnal and if dade puts him on the patio, IT WILL BE A DO NOT MISS PARTY...

in a few years you'll pick up those two cds and you won't be able to stand the umek, but you'll love the felix... it happens to all of us and your time is comming...

ya Felix plays everything from funky disco house to tech house to techno and lately electroclash....that CD sounds like its an older one of felix...he also has many aka's such Aphrohead, madkat courtship, zeka(I think thats how to spell it), clashback...etc etc.....my personal preference is his funky techno of about 4 or 5 years back.

Originally posted by saleen351

felix is funk, something miami doesn't embrace, yet you are from chi town and so is he. You really need to give the umek cd to a dog to play with and blast the felix.... Felix is a rare dj that can play it all but stay true to his funk sound...

We live in the dark is a felix track that has been blowing up dance floors for 15 years.. He has so many great tunes and i can say for sure he will play nocturnal and if dade puts him on the patio, IT WILL BE A DO NOT MISS PARTY...

in a few years you'll pick up those two cds and you won't be able to stand the umek, but you'll love the felix... it happens to all of us and your time is comming...

:lol3:

very true. I am giving Felix a chance and truly recongnize him for his dj talent and his track selections. At the present moment I just happen to be caught up in Techno and disco house was not my "cup of tea" and you are correct in saying that in a couple months I will not be listening to Umek but playing Felix's over and over, I mean why else would I buy his cd without listening to it at first?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lyrik

ya Felix plays everything from funky disco house to tech house to techno and lately electroclash....that CD sounds like its an older one of felix...he also has many aka's such Aphrohead, madkat courtship, zeka(I think thats how to spell it), clashback...etc etc.....my personal preference is his funky techno of about 4 or 5 years back.

Also records as: Aphrohead, Rocketmann !, Sharki Maxx, Thee Cat In Da Hat, Thee Housecat Experience, Thee Maddkatt Courtship, Thee Maddkatt Courtship (DUPLICATE 3), Timewalkers 1

Records with others as: 2 Black Ninjas, Crazies, The, Felix Da Housecat Featuring Miss Kittin & Melistar, Qwilo & Felix Da Housecat, Thee Maddkatt Courtship (DUPLICATE 3)

:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lilliz77

very true. I am giving Felix a chance and truly recongnize him for his dj talent and his track selections. At the present moment I just happen to be caught up in Techno and disco house was not my "cup of tea" and you are correct in saying that in a couple months I will not be listening to Umek but playing Felix's over and over, I mean why else would I buy his cd without listening to it at first?

i use to get caught up in so many different types of tunes, but it comes full circle to house with a funk then some late night progressive with some techy shit...

but on a beach or a bbq it's house with funk and disco to it.. one day a dj will drop spiller groove jet and the club will exploded, disco house when done right rocks...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by happyface

Does the same go for Picotto? Im asking cause ive been listenning him for some time and I cant get enough....:cool:

your time is comming little grasshopper... soon you'll be buying house cds and won't be able to stand techno.. Remember techno is your mistress, you fuck her for a while, but then she gets old, and you go back to your girlfriend who is house music..

i use to get caught up in so many different types of tunes, but it comes full circle to house with a funk then some late night progressive with some techy shit...

again you are correct. I mean I haven't listened to my PVD/Tiesto/Gatecrasher cd since Sept. but always come back to Trendroid/Scumfrog/DeepDish/Miss Kitten and the Hacker/Johnny Chaos (chicago friend) cds.

your time is comming little grasshopper... soon you'll be buying house cds and won't be able to stand techno.. Remember techno is your mistress, you fuck her for a while, but then she gets old, and you go back to your girlfriend who is house music..

:laugh: :laugh: happy holidays to you too Nick:laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lilliz77

again you are correct. I mean I haven't listened to my PVD/Tiesto/Gatecrasher cd since Sept. but always come back to Trendroid/Scumfrog/DeepDish/Miss Kitten and the Hacker/Johnny Chaos (chicago friend) cds.

i have a 90 min trendoid promo, it's pretty good, you shoud really like it...

by the way, ive found trance cds make for great coasters and dog toys.... maybe i'll have nick over at cj throw a trance cd tossing event.. like the bobby knight chair throwing event.. furthest wins some house cds..:D

Originally posted by rcrespo

picked up 4 new cd's today

Richie Hawtin / Pete Namlook - From Within Vol 3 .. nice ambient stuff .. yes from Hawtin. :)

X-Mix Box Set - Richie Hawtin / Johnaquaviva / Laurent Garnier / Dave Angel.

Bro, you were protecting that CD set like it was Fort fuckin' Knox!!

I am listening to Felix's cd "Bugged Out" 2003 right now :jawdrop:

WOW, this is really really really good.

Here's the tracklist:

1) Metro Area "Caught Up"

2) Julien Jabre "Yalopa"

3) Frankie Knuckles feat. Jamie Principle "It's a Cold World"

4) Legowelt "2002"

5) Ladytron "Seventeen" (the Droyds Mix)

6) Charles Manier "Uncompromised Awareness"

7) Justus Kohncke "Was Ist Musik?"

8) Anne Clark "Our Darkness"

9) Covenant "Bullet" (Ellen Allien Flow Mix)

10) Andrea Doria "Bucci Bag" ( Doria Dub Mix)

11) Electronica "Coke, Sex, Drugs"

12) Felix Da Housecat "Control Freaq"

13) Whirlpool Productions "From:Disco to Disco"

14) Carl Taylor "Space Disco"

Sweeeeeeeeeet!