Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saleen ... Can U Confirm If ...

marcodavalos

Guest saleen351

i can confirm the last two shows here in miami with cox lost money so who ever booked hiim besides crobar and space will loose money...

cox = overrated

i have 5 of his sets though i've never seen him live, and they are all noise...

give me morillo or give me death..

btw, cox is like William Wallace, his legend keeps on growing because he doesn't ever come here.... I think now people think he can spin with 3 tables, 2 cd decks while he whistles dixie backwards the whole night...

this is a must miss event.... plus the promoters if not space or crobar (crobar might loose money on the night or make chump change) will loose $$$$$

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

:rolleyes:

This is a must miss event for fans of Whitney Houston remixes:idea:

here is the sales #'s

Heartbreak Hotel 1,800,000

It's Not Right But It's Okay 1,200,000

my love is your love 3,000,000

those singles had the remixes on them..

do the math...

but wait, miami jocks never played those remixes even -though the singles alone sold over 6 million copies....

shes sold 50 million albums in her career and 6 million of them had dance remixes on them...

but i'll even proove it, here are the remixes on all 3 singles

1. It's Not Right But It's Okay (Thunderpuss 2000 Club Mix)

2. My Love Is Your Love (Wyclef Remix)

3. Heartbreak Hotel (Hex Hector Radio Mix)

4. It's Not Right But It's Okay (Johnny Vicious Radio Mix)

5. My Love Is Your Love (Jonathan Peters' Tight Mix)

1. Rodney Jerkins Smooth Mix Listen Listen Listen

2. Rodney Jerkins Smooth Mix [instrumental] Listen Listen Listen

3. Thunderpuss Radio Mix Listen Listen Listen

4. Club 69 Radio Mix Listen Listen Listen

5. Thunderpuss Club Mix Listen Listen Listen

6. Club 69 Future Club Mix

7. Club 69 Future Dub

8. Hex Hector Club Mix

Track Listings

1. R.I.P. Mix

2. Undadoggz Radio Edit

3. Album Version

4. Love To Infinity Edit

5. I Will Always Love You 9remasteded 20000

so you guys please tell me again how cheesey and how much she sucked.... 6 million dance fans can't be wrong and any dj on earth would give anything to of had a remix on those singles.. WH was great for the scene, they actually sold records and cds unlike today..

So whats your point about sales? N Sync, Backstreet Boys, and Britney all had Dance remixes as well, and their albums sold like hotcakes. And what about Garth Brooks? Are DJs in Miami supposed to start playing them in their sets as well?

Tiesto has been voted as the number one DJ in the world. so does that mean Junior and Calderone should start inviting him to play at their nights?

Commercial Hip Hop is huge in Miami. So should Space have DJ Laz as their resident DJ?

Saleen, it's okay if you like DJs like Danny Devito. There probably should be a couple of DJs in Miami that play mainly Commercial Dance anthems. Just stop taking it out on other DJs who have a more unique sound, and a special talent on decks.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

So whats your point about sales? N Sync, Backstreet Boys, and Britney all had Dance remixes as well, and their albums sold like hotcakes. And what about Garth Brooks? Are DJs in Miami supposed to start playing them in their sets as well?

Tiesto has been voted as the number one DJ in the world. so does that mean Junior and Calderone should start inviting him to play at their nights?

Commercial Hip Hop is huge in Miami. So should Space have DJ Laz as their resident DJ?

Saleen, it's okay if you like DJs like Danny Devito. There probably should be a couple of DJs in Miami that play mainly Commercial Dance anthems. Just stop taking it out on other DJs who have a more unique sound, and a special talent on decks.

1. danny devito is an actor who so happes was baby sitted by my grandma, but louie devito the #1 selling compliations are quality. And i just got some louie devito news in tonight, though this won't leak till june.... but will be hot..

2. how can you compare nsync and britney to the WH remixes? oppostie sides of the spectrum. Those mixes were main stream club unlike the nsync and britney stuff.

3. garth brooks had a remix by jp, and the dub was a monster hit... but i wouldn't exspect anyone on here to know that, maybe andrew..

4. 6 million, on just 3 songs... those are amazing numbers which will never get broken. No 3 tracks in the history of remixes have crossed over to real clubs and radio and sold that much. plus shes a nJ gal, so i'm biased...

All you people on here sound like the punk crowd. Ever see the Greenday behind the muisc, if you didn't go watch it.

Saleen has a bit of a point there...there's a backlash in the dance community, if a song or a DJ becomes "accessible"...yeah, we've all been there. I've picked on my share of "anthems", but it really stems from overplaying for me...I don't really care if the masses like a track I'm into...if anything, I've got bragging rights of "hearing it first" :)

But others pick on a track if it becomes popular, just like the punk kids who put Green Day on a pedestal and propelled them to (undeserved...they suck) stardom. Frankly, I want to see my favorite artists do well (yeah, sometimes they're friends of mine...) and succeed at their chosen career.

I'm not saying the examples he cites are correct, but the point he made is...

Guest saleen351

hey nervlounge, and important email will be comming your way soon.....

i'll get up with you when i'm back in fla.. but things look good.

i heard two fridays ago was really good...

Originally posted by pod

Saleen has a bit of a point there...there's a backlash in the dance community, if a song or a DJ becomes "accessible"...yeah, we've all been there. I've picked on my share of "anthems", but it really stems from overplaying for me...I don't really care if the masses like a track I'm into...if anything, I've got bragging rights of "hearing it first" :)

But others pick on a track if it becomes popular, just like the punk kids who put Green Day on a pedestal and propelled them to (undeserved...they suck) stardom. Frankly, I want to see my favorite artists do well (yeah, sometimes they're friends of mine...) and succeed at their chosen career.

I'm not saying the examples he cites are correct, but the point he made is...

how can you say greenday sucks? they basically started the "new punk" scene and they write some really good songs, punk or otherwise. It may not be your type of music, but to say they suck is a little strong.

Originally posted by southof5th

how can you say greenday sucks? they basically started the "new punk" scene and they write some really good songs, punk or otherwise. It may not be your type of music, but to say they suck is a little strong.

Gotta agree with you 100%. As long as there are different stokes for different folks, these types of debates will live long past any generation. Green Day was a great band, and no, I didn't have any posters, or their entire b-side catalog... but it's impossible to not give them credit! We have so many killer bands around today because of them(indirectly, obviously!)

There is a lot of shitty music out there, but someone's buying it so it must have some worth and credibility in some circle, right??? Although "The Dixie Chicks Suck"(example purposes only), several MILLION people think otherwise!

NOW.... whether Whitney's singles sales were driven by the Dance remixes is almost IMPOSSIBLE to tell because they include the CD singles sales which a huge number of people buy when they hear ONE good song... the ORIGINAL song that happens to have the remixes in tow... but Saleen's posted some pretty hard numbers to deny... I agree with Pod as far most of the shit-talking comes after a song "loses it's cool" due mostly to overplaying!

My 2 Cents... Von Dutch was cool yesterday! :laugh:

haha...I missed the whole von dutch thing, and now it's too late...I guess that's what happens when you get older (i'm in my later part of 20's)

anyway, I can't say WH or her remixes suck, but I CAN say they are entirely not in my taste and I'm glad Miami clubs don't play that kind of dance music, that would be a buzzkill to say the least