Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"don't bother me; i'm dancing." meeting peeps in clubs

weyes

all right, i need people's input on this.

when i'm dancing, i dance alone. i dance near my friends, but we don't dance with each other. i get in my own little zone, and i don't just face the dj; i turn around, take up a lot of space... i get involved, and i think that's pretty obvious. i am part of the room, the experience, and all of that - i don't mean that i want to isolate myself from everyone - i just mean that i dance with myself.

i don't like it when guys just come up and try to dance with me, without even saying anything. maybe if they were to say, "hello," it'd be ok, but they rarely do. still, though, i'm not really in the mood to talk when i'm dancing; i don't know how to effectively communicate how active i am when i dance idea1.gif ...

anyway, i'd just like it if guys would wait to approach me till i'm off the dancefloor instead. you know, when i'm no longer occupied. and i feel more like a person that way, instead of a dancing body.

my brother says the way i feel about this is weird and that no guy should be expected to know that i don't want to talk when i'm dancing unless i wear a shirt that says, "don't bother me; i'm dancing."

do you think my feelings are out of the ordinary? how do you all like to be approached by men/women in clubs? how do you NOT like to be approached?

Weyes you crack me up!

I don't mind if someone comes up to me to ask me a question or to buy me a drink but if a guy comes up to me to hit on me and I'm not attracted.. then yeah i'd be mad...

I remember a few times bothering you weyes when you're dancing.. hehe... are you mad at me ..? j/k

but your feelings on this topic are totally cool/fine. You're in your own world. You're feeling good. you don't want to lose the groove or miss out on great music..

you have the right to be mad but i think you should get a shirt that says... "leave me alone, i'm dancing." that would be funnny!

hehe. i rarely ever go up to a random girl and get my freak on. i'm there to get my groove on and hang out with the homies. if a girl comes up to me and starts to get her freak on, i don't mind. i just play along and if she wants to talk, i buy her a drink and we go where we can both hear and not have to scream at each other. some guys are just retarded, it's not their fault they always think with the other .... or is it? :P

"don't bother me, i'm dancing"

"leave me alone, i'm dancing"

"who the fck are you and why are you in my kill zone?"

i'd wear these shirt if they were available.

hehe...Weyes Weyes Weyes (man your name is hard to type...)

Can you really blame guys for trying to hit on you? I personally find that when girls drown themselves in the music, is when they're the truest, and most attractive. That being said, I also feel reluctant to interupt them when they're into the music. So I just watch from the side lines all night looong. Probably explaines why I never hook up at a club :tongue::(

But really I think if you just keep getting your groove on and ignore the "tresspassers", they'll eventually get the point. If not, the finger usually gets the point across :D

hehe...Weyes Weyes Weyes (man your name is hard to type...)

Can you really blame guys for trying to hit on you? I personally find that when girls drown themselves in the music, is when they're the truest, and most attractive. That being said, I also feel reluctant to interupt them when they're into the music. So I just watch from the side lines all night looong. Probably explaines why I never hook up at a club :tongue::(

But really I think if you just keep getting your groove on and ignore the "tresspassers", they'll eventually get the point. If not, the finger usually gets the point across :D

Originally posted by anotherway83

and i thought women liked guys who could dance. what was i thinking.

o, don't get me wrong - i love it when guys are good dancers. but if we didn't come to a mutual agreement to dance with each other (i know, this is sounding really stuffy and formal :hey: ), then let me do my thang!

talking and whatnot is not as bad, though i still prefer to converse OFF the dancefloor. but i'm mostly talking about the silent dancing on up, which i think is creepy and gross. and don't get me started on guys who "freak" :puke: . whoever invented that "dance" had issues :no: .

Originally posted by weyes

talking and whatnot is not as bad, though i still prefer to converse OFF the dancefloor. but i'm mostly talking about the silent dancing on up, which i think is creepy and gross. and don't get me started on guys who "freak" :puke: . whoever invented that "dance" had issues :no: .

*disclaimer*

i used the term freak loosly. you can replace it with groove, dance, or as you put it, thang. i in no way am admitting that i freak on the dancefloor. being a freak myself, it's hard enough to pick up girls. :P

It all depends, do you go to clubs just to dance, or do you like to actually meet people.

I understand where you are coming from, when I see a girl dancing by herself, that kind of tells me she wants to be by herself. Especially when she is hot.

What if you think the guy that intruded on your dance space is good looking and you were interested in hooking up with him. Would you dance along or tell him off until later?

-=Dave

Originally posted by lrcn

*disclaimer*

i used the term freak loosly. you can replace it with groove, dance, or as you put it, thang. i in no way am admitting that i freak on the dancefloor. being a freak myself, it's hard enough to pick up girls. :P

o, i know you weren't talking about "freaking," the dance :) . i just thought i'd throw it in that that dance is just wrong. uhhhhh-no :nono: .

and dave, i do like to meet people when i go out. i really do love chatting it up and talking to new folks. but there's a time and a place for everything, and when i'm doin' my thang ain't it :D !

Originally posted by weyes

all right, i need people's input on this.

when i'm dancing, i dance alone. i dance near my friends, but we don't dance with each other. i get in my own little zone, and i don't just face the dj; i turn around, take up a lot of space... i get involved, and i think that's pretty obvious. i am part of the room, the experience, and all of that - i don't mean that i want to isolate myself from everyone - i just mean that i dance with myself.

i don't like it when guys just come up and try to dance with me, without even saying anything. maybe if they were to say, "hello," it'd be ok, but they rarely do. still, though, i'm not really in the mood to talk when i'm dancing; i don't know how to effectively communicate how active i am when i dance idea1.gif ...

anyway, i'd just like it if guys would wait to approach me till i'm off the dancefloor instead. you know, when i'm no longer occupied. and i feel more like a person that way, instead of a dancing body.

my brother says the way i feel about this is weird and that no guy should be expected to know that i don't want to talk when i'm dancing unless i wear a shirt that says, "don't bother me; i'm dancing."

do you think my feelings are out of the ordinary? how do you all like to be approached by men/women in clubs? how do you NOT like to be approached?

i'm with you on this one, Weyes. when i'm on the dancefloor, i'm there for a reason - to dance. i normaly dance alone or with a group of friends, but never with one paricular person. i like the freedom to move as much as i want without having to corridnate with someone. it's irritating when a random guy comes up to me and starts try to dance with me. even worse are the guys who come up from behind and try to grind me. wtf is that about!?!:mad:

i do like to chat with people and and hang out, but that is an off the danefloor activity. :aright: