Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Wanna Get A Pda....

mrmatas2277

Realistically...don't expect too much out of the web functionality...email...if you REALLY need to check email when walking around and happen to pass a Starbucks...

I know because I wanted it too but fact is wireless capabilities are still limited

once wifi TRULY is everywhere the PDA's will have advanced a boat load too...

also I prefer the Pocket PC models myself over the palm OS

check out the Dell Axim X3 (I think thats the model) for some good power with built in wifi and bluetooth for less than $300

Guest saleen351

dude, don't waste your money on a pda unless you travel a lot for work..... use the money on hookers instead... pssst i can get you a discount..... on the hookers not the pda...

though www.cnet.com

check out the reviews...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

thanks guys...i was looking into the Dell..but ur right, maybe i should get a simple little PDA...and Saleen, thanks but not thanks...i dont pay for sex, only for underneath the towel massages...;)

First, Matas - If you think your not paying for sex you need to rethink your situation. Believe me YOU ARE PAYING! All guys in relationships are paying for sex in one way or another.

Second - what the hell do you do that requires a PDA? Nothing. Move on.

I'm sorry that I'm so blunt with you. But you did tell me how much you look up to me and admire me. I just want to see you do well. Now go to Law school!

Originally posted by guyman1966

First, Matas - If you think your not paying for sex you need to rethink your situation. Believe me YOU ARE PAYING! All guys in relationships are paying for sex in one way or another.

I'm sorry that I'm so blunt with you. But you did tell me how much you look up to me and admire me. I just want to see you do well. Now go to Law school!

:laugh: :laugh:

I had the sidekick. Actually worked pretty well but it had no true sync to the computer so it became worthless to me except for web browsing. For that one purpose, no other device comes close. Most other portable devices use a WAP gateway, which, if you've used it, sucks. To say it's a watered down version of webbrowsing is an understatement.

Blackberry is probably your best bet for combined email & PDA functionality.

Of course, you could always just activate GPRS on your cell phone and get your emails there.

General packet radio service. I'm sure pod can give us a detailed explanation, but basically it uses radio waves to transmit data (web, email) to your phone, which is why you can get these things anywhere you've got a phone signal. Most new phones have GPRS capability, though I don't think all providers offer it.

If u gonna get a pda and willin to spend some cash then only one choice. Get the new sony clie http://reviews.cnet.com/4505-3127_7-30460776.html?tag=search

I got it as a gift this christmas and the thing is more of a minilabtop then a pda. It can film pretty good, the net works great on it with wireless networks, its an mp3 player, and pretty good digital camera or even just an audio recorder.

Originally posted by pod

GPRS is fully supported by T-Mobile and Sprint if I'm not mistaken.

and most recently, cingular...

I just upgraded my phone and plan to GSM about a month ago, but didnt get the gprs yet...

still not sur if its worth the extra $$ :blank:

peace.

mp3.-:smoke:

Originally posted by guyman1966

thanks Guyman..ur like the Jewish father i never had...:tongue:

thanks people keep the suggestions rolling in...right now its 50/50 on whether to get a pocket PC or PDA...