Clubplanet Nightlife Community

music direction in 2004

southof5th

Originally posted by southof5th

I really hope not.

why not? listen to that track and tell me it sucks... this is part of the whole electro house thing, going back to the days in the 80's when electro, techno, hip-hop and house all kind of blended in together... before hip-hop became synonymous with gangster thug rap, when it was all just about partying and having a good time :D

Originally posted by eKiTeL

why not? listen to that track and tell me it sucks... this is part of the whole electro house thing, going back to the days in the 80's when electro, techno, hip-hop and house all kind of blended in together... before hip-hop became synonymous with gangster thug rap, when it was all just about partying and having a good time :D

yeah I guess it makes sense...I just don't like the modern hip-hop sound at all (from any coast). It's so disjointed and doesn't flow any.

Originally posted by southof5th

yeah I guess it makes sense...I just don't like the modern hip-hop sound at all (from any coast). It's so disjointed and doesn't flow any.

yeah I agree, most of that rap sucks, if not all of it, but there's a lot of old school that still sounds fresh

I've had a vision that people will begin to make music with machines...it's going to be all about repetitive electronic beats and rythms...not so much about musicians actually playing instruments but more like computers sequencing digitally pre-recorded percussive elements at aproximately 100 or 120 beats per minutes...I don't know...I'm not sure, this vision hability of mine is not very accurate...

:blank:

Originally posted by funketeer

I've had a vision that people will begin to make music with machines...it's going to be all about repetitive electronic beats and rythms...not so much about musicians actually playing instruments but more like computers sequencing digitally pre-recorded percussive elements at aproximately 100 or 120 beats per minutes...I don't know...I'm not sure, this vision hability of mine is not very accurate...

I think we're actually looking at a bpm range of 120-140, but other than that you're right on!

Originally posted by funketeer

Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. :rolleyes:

This is like that time you said cassettes were gonna be replaced by something better, and we all know how that turned out. :D

Originally posted by chaflas

Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. :rolleyes:

This is like that time you said cassettes were gonna be replaced by something better, and we all know how that turned out. :D

dude, I'm serious...I saw a kid the other day with a silver disc the size of a pancake that can hold up to 700 MB of information...you stay in the past...I'm throwing away my 8-track cartridges tomorrow and that's it!

Avant garde!!! :D

700 megs the size of a panckake!?!?!?

youre talking blasphemy here!!!

where have you seen such a 'gadget'?

if such a thing exists then the bpm ranges could hit into the 180's hell!....why dont we name it happy hardcore!

hah....ill stick by my phonograph thank-you-very-much!

Diversity in sounds ...I think in 2004 the sounds in electronic dance music are going to get more impressive...Just in the pass 3 years alone the sound has been progressing....and the productions..just amazing!! So many great remixers n producers in this world ...its crazy!! Plus soooo many talented Djs out there..its really cool!! This year your going to hear your electro-house sound more...the minimal techno-ambient sound too..plus the intelligent breaks :D and the progressive tribal beats are going to be slamming!! The funk is going to come back even more with garage-deep house sounds...tooo...Hard dance-trance..that sound will always be rocking floors all over...The mixuture of diffrent elements is going to be the thing this year I feel...Technology is just advancing how u make music now that your going to hear it more in the productions....Digital will come of age too...wax is dope!! But the future is now..:D:tongue: