Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comments about Exit last night

Hey. Was just wondering what people thought of Exit last night... Me and my girlfriend got there about 10ish, queued up for no more than 10 minutes... I don't know if this is the norm in NYC, but I cannot believe that they didn't search anyone (well, that I saw of anyway - including me and my girlfriend). I thought that with all the extra security of this city, that the club would be searching people... Once inside, there was this dodgy Christmas music playing, so we assumed that JP was late or something, which wasn't really a problem for me... Was shocked at the prices of drinks there. $20 for 2 Vodka and cokes. Good job we had a bit to drink before we got into the club... Despite the look from the outside, I was quite impressed by the inside of the club. Nice and big aswell... Knew immediately that the DJ turned up as we heard this loud cheer. Music was excellent. I was expecting it to be soft kinda house (being unfamiliar to JP's style), but it turned out to be kinda hard. That Like A Prayer remix was excellent... The atmosphere was really good but just after midnight, we thought that there were way too many people there and we decided to leave about 12:40. The coat check was an absolute nightmare: we only wanted to get out coats and go. 15 minutes later, we left and when we went outside, there was loads of people waiting to get in... Overall, I thought it was quite a good night especially since it was only $40 per ticket... Did like the signs on the door that read "All exits are final", which suggested to me that there was no way that JP was going to DJ for the whole 30 hours stated. Wondered how long he actually did DJ for. He should still be DJ'ing now really ; )

Yeah, I was also @ Exit last night. I got there at like 7:45 cause the tickets said "Doors at 8pm" what happens? I end up waitin in the cold for almost 2 hrs before they decide to open doors. Finally I get in to listen to christmas music for the next hour or so till around 11 when JP startin droppin' the beats. Started off with his mix of "Like A Prayer", then went into some trance with "Sweet Surrender" (Tiesto Mix) and was really mixin it up well with soem classics for the 1st 2-3 hours, then everything seemed to be the same after that point with only prog/tribal house. The club got PACKED. It was like 1 big sweatbox. I had to wait almost an hour just to get my coat back. I ended up leavin around 4am and from what I believe, if it's a 30 hour set, he's STILL spinnin' as I speak.

I know it sounds like my commentary is 1 big complaint, but it really isn't, I am still glad I went and JP is a f'n awesome DJ but the specs surrounding the night liek the wait to get in and wait for coatcheck kinda shit on it.

Originally posted by JimmyZ

Yeah, I was also @ Exit last night. I got there at like 7:45 cause the tickets said "Doors at 8pm" what happens? I end up waitin in the cold for almost 2 hrs before they decide to open doors. Finally I get in to listen to christmas music for the next hour or so till around 11 when JP startin droppin' the beats. Started off with his mix of "Like A Prayer", then went into some trance with "Sweet Surrender" (Tiesto Mix) and was really mixin it up well with soem classics for the 1st 2-3 hours, then everything seemed to be the same after that point with only prog/tribal house. The club got PACKED. It was like 1 big sweatbox. I had to wait almost an hour just to get my coat back. I ended up leavin around 4am and from what I believe, if it's a 30 hour set, he's STILL spinnin' as I speak.

I know it sounds like my commentary is 1 big complaint, but it really isn't, I am still glad I went and JP is a f'n awesome DJ but the specs surrounding the night liek the wait to get in and wait for coatcheck kinda shit on it.

a word to the wise. Never ever go to a club when they say the doors are going to open at such and such a time. Most people don 't go until the wee hours of the morning. That is why you waited for so long. When you left (4am) people were even getting ready yet.

Originally posted by ravingandyuk

Hey. Was just wondering what people thought of Exit last night... Me and my girlfriend got there about 10ish, queued up for no more than 10 minutes... I don't know if this is the norm in NYC, but I cannot believe that they didn't search anyone (well, that I saw of anyway - including me and my girlfriend). I thought that with all the extra security of this city, that the club would be searching people... Once inside, there was this dodgy Christmas music playing, so we assumed that JP was late or something, which wasn't really a problem for me... Was shocked at the prices of drinks there. $20 for 2 Vodka and cokes. Good job we had a bit to drink before we got into the club... Despite the look from the outside, I was quite impressed by the inside of the club. Nice and big aswell... Knew immediately that the DJ turned up as we heard this loud cheer. Music was excellent. I was expecting it to be soft kinda house (being unfamiliar to JP's style), but it turned out to be kinda hard. That Like A Prayer remix was excellent... The atmosphere was really good but just after midnight, we thought that there were way too many people there and we decided to leave about 12:40. The coat check was an absolute nightmare: we only wanted to get out coats and go. 15 minutes later, we left and when we went outside, there was loads of people waiting to get in... Overall, I thought it was quite a good night especially since it was only $40 per ticket... Did like the signs on the door that read "All exits are final", which suggested to me that there was no way that JP was going to DJ for the whole 30 hours stated. Wondered how long he actually did DJ for. He should still be DJ'ing now really ; )

jp played for around 22 hrs or so.

Originally posted by Drunk

Did you expect anything less? This is EXIT we're talking about. Worst club and management in the city.

Sorry but not last night there hot shot, bouncers were mad cool, never had a problem with anyone in there, everyone said excuse me and my bad! so sorry but your wrong about that one as far as last night....

Originally posted by househead24

Sorry but not last night there hot shot, bouncers were mad cool, never had a problem with anyone in there, everyone said excuse me and my bad! so sorry but your wrong about that one as far as last night....

def true- they all seems really cool when i was there...except for the ones outside trying to take $25 donations to let ppl skip the line

Originally posted by househead24

These are comments or excerpts from comments on JP's board. If this is your idea of good management, you should stay away from running a business and stick to flipping hamburgers. Shutting off A/C, "Express" coat check for $20, the smell of urine and feces in the bathroom etc., yeah sounds like a WELL RUN club. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DX2C

not for nothing but air conditioning isn't that fucking expensive, Jonathans good intentions on throwing a very reasonably priced NYE party was Exits cash cow, shutting off the a/c's to get people to spend more at the bar fucking 1hr 10 minute wait at coat check security that caters to hip hop hoodlums and has not been trained properly in anti thug crowds...I went there open minded and came back disgusted and I hope JP doesnt get a residency there place is a commercialized armpit of stench...sorry for being so critical its probably from being so spoiled over the past few years, props to JP he did throw down some great shit while I was there 11pm=7am well actually 5:50 am( this from someone who closed SF for years) but coat check:mad: anyway hope everyone had a safe and happy new years all the best to you and your familys.....

Originally posted by ToOnZ .. YoU HaTe

First off i want to say FUCK YOU to the bouncers at exit... Alot of them were SHADY bastards.. I WENT TO THE BATHROOM ON THE FIRST FLOOR TO WASH MY HANDS AND THERE WAS NO PAPER TOWEL SO I WENT TO THE GIRLS BATHROOM AND BOUNCER TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO LEAVE THE CLUB...i was bugging out all i did was getting shit to dry my hands... he contiuned to talk about how i was on camera and no guys are allowed in the girls bathroom..blah blah blah.. bascially it came down to it that he just wanted me so i had to throw him a 20 to stay in the shit hole..

. . .

The bathroom situation could of been better but my problem is with the bouncers..

Originally posted by X-FACTOR

GOT IN THE CLUB ABOUT 12 WENT TO THE TICKET LINE NO WAITING. DIDNT GET PADDED DOWN ASSHOLES DONT CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF PEOPLE ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY. ONCE INSIDE IT WAS MORE HELL COAT CHECK WAS HORRIBLE THEY HAVE LIKE 2 PEOPLE WORKING SAME WITH BARTENDERS. STAYED IN THE COAT CHECK LINE FOR AN HR. I WAITED LONGER IN THAT LINE THAN OUTSIDE. ALSO IT WAS HOTTER THAN HELL IN THERE AND I NEVER SAW SO MANY KIDS RUNNING AROUND LIKE THEY LOST THERE PARENTS. THE EXIT WATER THOSE ASSHOLE FOR SURE USED THE BATHROOM SINK TO FILL THOSE BOTTLES UP CAUSE THE WATER TEST LIKE PISS(NOT THAT I TESTED PISS BUT YA KNOW) BUT I HAVE NO OTHERE CHOICE AND THE AC THOSE FUCKS TURN IT OFF THAT PLACE SHOULD BE BURN DOWN AFTER TODAY. EXIT SUCK ASS. .

Originally posted by stage

Then don't even get patted down while entering which honestly in this day is not a good thing. I'm not saying strip searches are in order but please at least pat everyone down and make sure they aren't armed.

Coat check. Joke. Bouncer actually told me that for 20 dollars I could get my coat checked right away on some other line!

Originally posted by LeaveOfSanity

i had a good time. it could have been better if exit had been better prepared for the crowd that they expected. the bathrooms were nauseating, security was non-existent, the bottled water tasted like they filtered it with pennies, the coat check was STUPID and the "security" offering an express line for $20 is just really disgusting.

my biggest beef is the amount of people in there. i understand making money and the advanced tickets were very reasonable for new years eve, so you figured sell more than the capacity of the building. but that coupled with the lack of security, is just short of a miracle nothing serious happened. obviously they just wanted to make money. no one was really dancing cause there was no space to dance. it was so crowded, that i saw some guy who couldn't make it to the bathroom throw up on 3 people by the 2nd floor bar. ewwww.

Originally posted by Brainbugged

Walked into Exit at about 11:15PM NYE to a very packed club. First and foremost i would just like to say that exit is by far the most disgusting, uncomfortable venue i have ever stepped foot in in my life. Now i know why i haven't been there in 3 1/2 yrs. The crowd was pretty bad early on, alot of people just out to be fucked up on new yrs, for example when corrupt was on (around 11:30PM or so) most people on the dance floor didnt even know what it was--i guess that had to be expected cuz it is exit. The place really is a big fire hazard. U couldnt move going up or down steps or hallways. At points in the night it would take u 20 mins just to make it to the bathroom from the main floor. And the bouncers were no help--dicks as usual.

Originally posted by berniec

def true- they all seems really cool when i was there...except for the ones outside trying to take $25 donations to let ppl skip the line

i made $65 by letting a group of ppl join me in the line. My guess they were tourists very desperate to get in there before 12.

Thank you BernieC atleast someone agrees with me...

As far as you others, What do you expect people to do, open another imaginery coat check, there was about 3 of em as it is plus theres thousands of people in there all who have coats you think there just going to wear em the whole night stunod, no there gunna fuckin check em as soon as they get in, an being that there was a line around the fuckin corner outside then obviously the same type of line is going to be inside retard...And as for the bathrooms you got a line out the door and what do you expect fucking cleaning guys to come every half hour and clean, hell no cause then the line would be out to the bar and all you would hear is more fucking complaints, "come on move assholes", "fuck cleaning that shit i gotta piss", "I need a bump hurry the fuck up"...You people are ridiculous you take all the lil things and nag about em instead of enjoying who was spinning and the fact that it was fucking new years....it was not that bad on the main and second floor once you got upstairs to the hip hop room yea it was pretty disgusting, but no one said you had to stay in there plus they had the doors open to outside so you could go out there @ anytime...There were hallways upstairs and downstairs where people were smoking that werent hot at all so, yes i sweat my balls of but i really wasnt complaining about it, i would go get a water, go outside for a bit and be done with it, something I guess you people werent capable of...

Hey what sup everyone...well exit def was hot..and despite the amazingly long lines..i had mad fun..jp was awesome..and i enjoyed ringin' in the new year with all my friends dancing the night away...got into exit just about 12...and stayed till around 10 the next mornin...and even then there was a long line of ppl waitin to come in...overall it was good except there were way to many ppl in there...lol..