Clubplanet Nightlife Community

got a question...

mjm

being that there will always be a trancehead/ househead battle....

my question is & i know i'm get a lot of beatings on this one but here it goes..

CAN OR WILL TRANCE EVER MAKE A COMEBACK??

LIKE IT USED TO BE??

JUST CURIOUS ON THE FEEDBACK ON THIS QUESTION...

to me, trance isnt what it used to be, for some reason...

i stopped listening to trance back in late 01 when i just opened up my pvd @ rosenmontag's rave set. i said to myself...wow...this is cheesy...

there is not doubt that 99 was the year of trance...even some of the hardcore house djs of today played SOME trance tune if not the entire set was trance....

trance hasnt died and i dont think it will for a long time, yet people change and their taste does as well. for me, the bpms came down from the original 140 to a now no higher than 129 or so...

jsut stick with whatever you like...you should be the only person that cares...the bashing is just innocent mocking ;)

#1 trance is not dead....just that the newness of it is ovaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something can only be new once after that it just becomes like everything else ...its always there but it blends in with the rest of life!!!!!!!

and like all music it mixes with everything else and evolves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It won't be like it used to be (in a way that's good...amount of cheese anthems versus good tracks are way down..)..but like Flip said, the genre evolved.

I'm glad to see glowstick waving is at an all-time low, though. :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

It won't be like it used to be (in a way that's good...amount of cheese anthems versus good tracks are way down..)..but like Flip said, the genre evolved.

I'm glad to see glowstick waving is at an all-time low, though. :laugh:

u stil havent been to a fliptoniaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351

when you talk of trance there is:

pre 99 trance

and post 99 trance

it's really bad and sad what these trance guys play... i'd be ashamed not only to play it, but liisten to it... it's really childish at this point..

Originally posted by saleen351

when you talk of trance there is:

pre 99 trance

and post 99 trance

it's really bad and sad what these trance guys play... i'd be ashamed not only to play it, but liisten to it... it's really childish at this point..

So you'd rather listen to west coast house? :laugh:

Originally posted by mjm420

being that there will always be a trancehead/ househead battle....

my question is & i know i'm get a lot of beatings on this one but here it goes..

CAN OR WILL TRANCE EVER MAKE A COMEBACK??

LIKE IT USED TO BE??

JUST CURIOUS ON THE FEEDBACK ON THIS QUESTION...

You mean like it used to be in 1999? Yeah, ok! Whatever! Keep dreaming, amigo!

HOUSE IS THE WAY IT USED TO BE. AND HOUSE WILL REMAIN THE WAY IT IS!!!

:D:hat:

i agree trance has evolved ... is it dead ?? HELL FUCK NO !! is it better now ?? HELL YEAH !!!

you know what makes me crack up tho ?? people say trance is commercial & this n that or whatever ... but the truth is .. house music , even tho i love it .. is more commercial ... look at saleen ... madonna , whitney houston etc .. thats not commercial ?? oh i forgot ... its not cause its house ... so its excused !! :laugh: :laugh: isnt that a bit hypocritical to say that trance is commercial dance music ?? if u go see any of todays bigger trance dj's the rarely are gonna spin a remake of madonna or whitney houston.. :laugh: i do agree there "IS" SOME SHITTY trance out there just as there is shitty house..

but to say that trance is dead is crazy ..

trance attracts bigger crowds now than ever & thats a fact .. if it is dead .. its dead to the closed minds of a select few ... if you simply just moved on is easy to understand ... some people get bored of things fast & some dont ... but it DEFINATELY isnt dead ..

i know i know ... saleen is now gonna say .. but trance is for immature people & house is for the mature crowd ..

well , all i have to say is .. YES i love trance more than i love house ... but.. i do love house ... & i consider myself pretty mature ... not the most mature but hey , who wants to act like an old fart ? but mature enough for my taste..

im mature enough to take care of my son & pay child support.. even tho im not even divorced yet... im mature enough to own a house... im mature enough to have a nice car & its payed off.... after all that is taken care of ... its PARTY TIME :D

how many of this that i just mentioned have alot of these mature house heads accomplished ?? most of the ones i know havent accomplished any of these "MATURE" things ... but wait ... they are house heads so they are mature anyways :laugh: `

Originally posted by koky

i agree trance has evolved ... is it dead ?? HELL FUCK NO !! is it better now ?? HELL YEAH !!!

you know what makes me crack up tho ?? people say trance is commercial & this n that or whatever ... but the truth is .. house music , even tho i love it .. is more commercial ... look at saleen ... madonna , whitney houston etc .. thats not commercial ?? oh i forgot ... its not cause its house ... so its excused !! :laugh: :laugh: isnt that a bit hypocritical to say that trance is commercial dance music ?? if u go see any of todays bigger trance dj's the rarely are gonna spin a remake of madonna or whitney houston.. :laugh: i do agree there "IS" SOME SHITTY trance out there just as there is shitty house..

but to say that trance is dead is crazy ..

trance attracts bigger crowds now than ever & thats a fact .. if it is dead .. its dead to the closed minds of a select few ... if you simply just moved on is easy to understand ... some people get bored of things fast & some dont ... but it DEFINATELY isnt dead ..

i know i know ... saleen is now gonna say .. but trance is for immature people & house is for the mature crowd ..

well , all i have to say is .. YES i love trance more than i love house ... but.. i do love house ... & i consider myself pretty mature ... not the most mature but hey , who wants to act like an old fart ? but mature enough for my taste..

im mature enough to take care of my son & pay child support.. even tho im not even divorced yet... im mature enough to own a house... im mature enough to have a nice car & its payed off.... after all that is taken care of ... its PARTY TIME :D

how many of this that i just mentioned have alot of these mature house heads accomplished ?? nost of the ones i know havent accomplished any of these "MATURE" things ... but wait ... they are house heads so they are mature anyways :laugh: `

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351

wow, so many people playing hateing on madonna and whitney.....

but then again, any true music fan will tell you Frozen was a masterpiece, but wait she sucks according to yous???

Originally posted by koky

.. house music , even tho i love it .. is more commercial ... look at saleen ... madonna , whitney houston etc .. thats not commercial ??

Bro. look who you are using to compaire your "house music" to.

Progressive House

Progressive Trance

Progressive Breaks

Key word: PROGRESS

Pronunciation: 'prä-gr&s, -"gres, US also and British usually 'prO-"gres

Function: noun

1 a (1) : a royal journey marked by pomp and pageant (2) : a state procession b : a tour or circuit made by an official (as a judge) c : an expedition, journey, or march through a region

2 : a forward or onward movement (as to an objective or to a goal) : ADVANCE

3 : gradual betterment; especially : the progressive development of mankind

GET MY POINT?????????

Flip said it best.

Originally posted by obby

Bro. look who you are using to compaire your "house music" to.

Progressive House

Progressive Trance

Progressive Breaks

Key word: PROGRESS

Pronunciation: 'prä-gr&s, -"gres, US also and British usually 'prO-"gres

Function: noun

1 a (1) : a royal journey marked by pomp and pageant (2) : a state procession b : a tour or circuit made by an official (as a judge) c : an expedition, journey, or march through a region

2 : a forward or onward movement (as to an objective or to a goal) : ADVANCE

3 : gradual betterment; especially : the progressive development of mankind

GET MY POINT?????????

Flip said it best.

BIAAAAATCH ... YOU KNOW WHAT KINDA HOUSE IM TALKIN ABOUT :tongue:

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

#1 trance is not dead....just that the newness of it is ovaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something can only be new once after that it just becomes like everything else ...its always there but it blends in with the rest of life!!!!!!!

and like all music it mixes with everything else and evolves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK U PROFESSOR FLIPTONIAA!!!

WELL SAID..

& U HOUSEHEADS SAYING TRANCE IS FOR IMMATURE PEEPS..

STIX & STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES

BUT HOUSE WILL ALWAYS BE 2ND BEST!!!!

:tongue: