Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G News

biznation00

Resident Advisor news on our hometown boys!

(See bold text b-low)...

posted Friday, December 19, 2003

Murk has their 4th #1 single on the Billboard Hot Dance Chart

Miami's own Murk boys, Oscar G andRalph Falcon, have made dance music history with their latest single ‘Believe’ hitting number 1 in the Billboard Hot Dance Chart. This brings their total to 4, breaking the record previously help by Madonna, Janet Jackson and Whitney Houston who have each featured 3 number one singles in a year.

'Believe' has been given the remix treatment by Rosabel, Laidback Luke, Stryke and Superchumbo. The first 12" of the single which includes the Rosabel and Stryke mixes is already out on Tommy Boy records. The second part of the single will includes the Laidback Luke and Superchumbo mixes and will be released in the near future. The Following single 'Time' with vocals by Stryke is to be remixed by Peter Rauhoffer, The Scumfrog, Chab and Southside and will see a release in early 2004.

In more Murk related news the duo will be playing the all new Crobar NYC on January 16th 2004 and Oscar G will be making his return to the UK on December 27th. Oscar was personally invited by Lawler to play at the Christmas Special for Harlem Nights at The End featuring an opening set by Marc Cohen.

http://www.residentadvisor.com.au/news.asp?ID=4432

Dee, if you read this, toss up a review on OG @ Harlem nights this past Dec. 27th in London (I couldn't find one online). Also, Jan. 16th is a bday of a dear friend of mine up there in NY & with OG & Ralph playin' Crobar NYC, I think I'm bookin' a plane ticket. ;)

Originally posted by rcrespo

i write for resident advisor part time .. mostly interviews and what not but useful newsbits like this as well. :)

glad to see biz reads ra :)

I always read resident advisor. It's a great source of info. If that's write up is your doing, then I'm proud of you. Good job Ray! :aright:

Originally posted by biznation00

I always read resident advisor. It's a great source of info. If that's write up is your doing, then I'm proud of you. Good job Ray! :aright:

yeah its my write up .. i also did interviews with slam/rolando .. workin on a few others .. i do it in my spare time .. its a cool site run by cool people and i'm always glad to support that.

CONGRATS TO THE MURK BOYS...

THESE GUYS HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS.

I REMEMBER THEIR UNDERGROUND HOUSE HITS IN 91' , 92'.....

MASTERS AT MURK PARTY ... MASTERS AT WORK\TODD TERRY\DANNY TENAGLIA\C.J. MCINTOSH\MURK...

THOSE CONFERENCE MASTERS AT MURK PARTIES WERE SOME REAL HOUSE PARTIES.

TRYING TO UNITE MASTERS AT WORK, MURK, DANNY TENAGLIA, AND TODD TERRY TO PLAY AGAIN AT A PARTY TOGETHER AGAIN...THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING...AND A HELL OF A PARTY IM SURE...

MASTERS AT MURK...REUNION...AT SPACE???...:eek:

Originally posted by ecpolo521

Congrats to Murk :aright:

Hey Biz...if you do plan on coming up to NYC, lemme know. I plan hittin' up Crobar for the first time and what can be better than seeing the Murk boys. :D

I looked on Jet Blue & round trip cost is $140. Just need to find a hotel with a decent price in a decent location. There's one across from the Garden @ just under $100 a nite thru january. I forgot the name though...

:confused:

Originally posted by biznation00

I looked on Jet Blue & round trip cost is $140. Just need to find a hotel with a decent price in a decent location. There's one across from the Garden @ just under $100 a nite thru january. I forgot the name though...

:confused:

Not a bad price for the flight or the hotel. Also try checking out Expedia.com, they usually have good packages. Well, let me know if you find anything. :aright:

Dee, if you read this, toss up a review on OG @ Harlem nights this past Dec. 27th in London (I couldn't find one online). Also, Jan. 16th is a bday of a dear friend of mine up there in NY & with OG & Ralph playin' Crobar NYC, I think I'm bookin' a plane ticket. ;)

here you go Biz, this was posted by someone whom i met in London at this great event..

http://www.residentadvisor.com.au/review_view.asp?ID=1609

Travel with me, i am leaving friday afternoon and can get us a great fare.. call me.