Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best club in LA to take my 46-year-old mom to?

happykittn

My mom's coming to visit me next month. She's never been to LA before... she's never been to the beach... she's never been apart from my father, and she's never been to a club. She grew up in China in a very strict/conservative family, and has never experienced any sort of nightlife, etc. (she basically married my father right out of high school).

I'd like to take her out for a night on the town... a nice restaurant (any suggestions?), and a good club afterwards. Just so she can experience it ONCE in her life.

What club(s) would you recommend? I was thinking something with a more sophisticated (late 20's/early 30's) crowd, trendy and fun. My mom looks young (she still gets carded when she buys cooking wine), and I just want to show her a good time.

I love my mommy. :heart:

Originally posted by deepfunk

What night of the week are you thinking of going out? What part of town will you be in?

She'll be here for one full week, and I'd like to take her out to a club at least one night. I live in West LA, but am willing to drive up to 30-40 minutes for the perfect spot. Looking forward to suggestions, tanks deepfunk! :)

Originally posted by happykittn

..... she still gets carded when she buys cooking wine....

That cooking wine always does it! LOL J/K ... CLASSIC!

Wassup stranger! :D How u been? You know I got the low-down for ya ...

If you wanta club-club -- go to Cinespace. Start with dinner (and a movie if you want) and stay for the club. I have a HUGE party there Saturday! (See the thread below, Hot@9 Chart)

If you don't need a club-club -- take her to House of Blues for the music genre of her choice. Go upstairs on the balcony and get some of the spicey fries - cheap, delicious, and great.

Or try a hotel-bar-scene -- there a ton of em.

Any other questions, pm or post back.

lalate is right on the money with those suggestions.

As for the hotel scene, the standard is always good for a drink and some people watching. I was there on Monday, they had a girl spinning some records (he was not a great mixer, but had a decent song selection) and there were the right mix of la hipster/beautiful people types without it being too crowded or overwhelming.

Hope that helps.

i always used to say that i wanted to take my mom to red if she visited me, but that was back when it was at arena, and it was really more kickback. my mom worries about me, and i know she has a really warped idea of what my "scene" is, so i wanted to show her that it's just a room of people dancing, with a nice patio for chatting and smoking purposes. but red @ arena is no more :( . in fact, red's taking a break altogether, for the time being.

hey

Highlands is always a great spot too, maybe not the main dancefloor, but you can take her upstairs to the lounge/restaurant, have some cocktails, overlooking Hollywood Blvd and L.A., very classy, fun and mom's likes the people watching, I am sure...

If you want to take her on fri/sat , just e-mail me to alexinla03@yahoo.com and I hook you up, VIP GUestlist style!!

p.s.

that offer goes for all of you on clubplanet!!!

alex

www.alexinla.com

it sounds like kitty's mom has been isolated and lived conservatively all her life. Throwing her into the glitz and glamore of LA/ Hollywood might be overwhelming to her senses :D Then again, she's your mom. You'd know her best :)

I would say take a walk down the Monterey Park. Alhambra area. There are social dance clubs for the older people (my parents, being one of them). You might find the scene less than enthusiastic but the crowd will probably be more of her age.

And if she's coming around the periods of the lunar New Year, there are special events and performances going on. Again, just walk around the Monterey Park/ Alhambra area and look for flyers posted everywhere.

Other than that, I think your mom would be happy if you just spend time with her in general. :cool: