Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another failed attempt for ROXY FRIDAYS.....

muzika

I just want to tell all these prompters something.Do you think people that go to clubs are stupid? last night as i was leaving the "GRAND OPENING "of roxy fridays(for the 27th time this year i might add) the knowit all promoter says ,"oh come back next week , it will be much better,this was only the first night!!!!!!!!!". This is why i asked, do you promoters think we are stupid? First of all, ........the GRAND OPENING IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BOMB!!!!JAMMED ......CRAZY.If you cannot achieve that on the grand opening, YOU AINT GETTIN IT AT ALL!!!!!!If you just went to the grand opening of a place or night and paid 30$ and the place, crowd, music, and everything else sucked, which it all sucked last night at ROXY, do you think people are gonna come back?no .....and you will see that next week....i give this party 3-6 weeks, then it will be done.Back to the drawing board.

Guest crystalmethodny

I stopped at Roxy for about 35 minutes with my friend Beth (Lighting Girl)

I still love the layout of the club, as always, its been awhile since I've been there.

Sound system in my opinion needs some re-hashing. Was it me, or was the bass so pumping it sounded distorted and staticky?

Place was empty, but we were only there from 1-1:30... I imagine it should have filled up somewhat by then. Line was dead when we left, outside.

Music - typical progressive house, I recognized one track from like a year ago. Forgot the name, Abstrakt remembers it, mentioned it to him while we were at TWILO - Which by the way, kicked some serious butt. Deep Dish does it again.

Oh... the crowd was beautiful, many pretty women, and of course, a full line of GQ men.

*yawn*

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Is there something wrong with GQ men?Are all you people on this all the same.Is there something wrong with dressing up in some sharp clothes and looking like a million bucks without you people raggin on us.Excuse me for looking good,maybe thats why we get all the pretty ladies!!!!

"yawn"

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by anthonyp:

Is there something wrong with GQ men?Are all you people on this all the same.Is there something wrong with dressing up in some sharp clothes and looking like a million bucks without you people raggin on us.Excuse me for looking good,maybe thats why we get all the pretty ladies!!!!

"yawn"

Anthony

You have something out for me or what?

Did I say there was a problem with GQ? Why are you so defensive.

The *yawn* was for the state of the party, sleepy.

Besides, I never stated I was an authority on ANYTHING, simply expressing my opinion, which some people may like, some don't. No need to get nasty.

Hmm, I think I'll do the GQ thing next Saturday. tongue.gif

------------------

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Guest crystalmethodny

Diego

Unfriggin believable. We left nearly the same time.

Did you catch that one wack mix with Elements, a sample from BT's Dreaming, and whatever the hell else they had going?

Ali and I were freakin' smile.gif

Keep in touch bro, good seeing you again.

------------------

HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

I knew that was gonna happen.

I'm so glad I didn't get involved in that party.

I took one look at the promoters involved and I never heard of any of them except Chris Reda.

If anyone is looking for a new Friday spot, check out Limelight next week for Gatecrasher.

I'm also starting a new party at OHM next Friday and have a list at EXIT and Chaos on Fridays.

Send me the names for any one of these clubs and you'll be placed on the HAZE List.

HazeDG@Gateway.net (201)381-6987

To the promoters at Roxy: Good Luck!!

I heard Jase is going to be starting there on Fridays, maybe he'll be able to liven the party up.

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

HAZE Promotions http://people.goplay.com/hazedg

[This message has been edited by darrellg (edited 10-14-2000).]

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Anthony

You have something out for me or what?

Did I say there was a problem with GQ? Why are you so defensive.

The *yawn* was for the state of the party, sleepy.

Besides, I never stated I was an authority on ANYTHING, simply expressing my opinion, which some people may like, some don't. No need to get nasty.

Hmm, I think I'll do the GQ thing next Saturday. tongue.gif

I'm not getting nasty,it just seemed like you were dissin guys who are different from yourself.It's fine to express your opinion I do the same as well.

Well Im gonna stick up for the promoters for this party...Roxy was promoted for about 2 days....nobody really talked about it...didnt u notice nobody on the board really mentioned it? When more people find out about it, it will be good....

dave cwm11.gif

------------------

LIMELIGHT NEXT FRIDAY-DJ ANDREW MENDEZ, SHAWN INK, AND CARLO CARUSO..EXIT SATURDAYS W/DJ BORIS! CALL 201-926-7012 FOR GUESTLIST..or email DIESELGROOVE1@aol.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by spikesnj:

Well Im gonna stick up for the promoters for this party...Roxy was promoted for about 2 days....nobody really talked about it...didnt u notice nobody on the board really mentioned it? When more people find out about it, it will be good....

dave cwm11.gif

You're right, Jase mentioned they only had 2 days. Whats up with that?

------------------

2 days was figuretively speaking...there was only about 2 weeks and they needed like 6 weeks...and there really was no distribution for the party, which is where most people find out about it...this week BT is doing a live show, then Ojeda comes on afterwards...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Archived