Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mission to Mars

siceone

I hope Bush is the first man on mars!

nah, it's all good, but, well, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before:

[dr evil]I've put a laser on the frikkin moon[/dr evil]

wonder where the cash will come from? and this is better than bombing people. but I assume the bombing and shooting will keep going despite the space stuff.

as good as space exploration is, we've still got billions of people on this planet without clean water, and I think one stat is 2/3rds of the planet haven't used a phone yet.

before we go setting up bases on the moon and jetting off to mars we really need to sort out the mess we've made of this planet.

Originally posted by siceone

What do you guys think of this, Personally I think it's a great Idea for the fact that alot of great new technology will come out of this program. hopefully a new drive system making travel faster.

what about you guys ?

I think it's bold. I'm all for space exploration and colonization. This could be a global project that could unite all nations.

I think if you read the stuff you'll find America wants to get there before Europe or *gasp* the Chinese...

it would be nice.

but I can't help but think as well as ensuring America is unchallenged on this planet, they want to ensure America is unchallenged in space...

I hope this is a genuine international effort, it would be great.

but I think this might be an exercise in patriotic scientific stuff...

time will tell I guess...

Originally posted by marksimons

I think if you read the stuff you'll find America wants to get there before Europe or *gasp* the Chinese...

it would be nice.

but I can't help but think as well as ensuring America is unchallenged on this planet, they want to ensure America is unchallenged in space...

I hope this is a genuine international effort, it would be great.

but I think this might be an exercise in patriotic scientific stuff...

time will tell I guess...

I think that your correct. I was trying not politicise this issue but unfortunetly it's already very political.

Definitely support this...have always been very fascinated by space exploration...the universe kinda puts our silly puny arguments (politics) in perspective.

Just to throw a question out there - if we did in fact discover life (intelligent even) out there, how will that affect the world. Specifically, the dynamics between different countries?

Originally posted by raver_mania

Definitely support this...have always been very fascinated by space exploration...the universe kinda puts our silly puny arguments (politics) in perspective.

Just to throw a question out there - if we did in fact discover life (intelligent even) out there, how will that affect the world. Specifically, the dynamics between different countries?

We would have to re-evaluate how we see ourselves colectively in the universe.

I think one thing that instantly change would be our obsession with war. We put so much money and energy into creating war rather than living with each other and prospering. One can only hope this would be effected.

I believe that funding all this space travel is wrong. By the time we do figure out that there is life on other planets and ACTUALLY travel to them, by that time we probally will all perish here on Earth from some sort of natural disaster anyway. I guess I'm all for exploration but SPACE travel is just to out of our league, this isn't Star Trek.

Alien03a.gif

in case you can't see picture, it's a waving alien:rolleyes:

Originally posted by howardstone

I believe that funding all this space travel is wrong. By the time we do figure out that there is life on other planets and ACTUALLY travel to them, by that time we probally will all perish here on Earth from some sort of natural disaster anyway. I guess I'm all for exploration but SPACE travel is just to out of our league, this isn't Star Trek.

Alien03a.gif

in case you can't see picture, it's a waving alien:rolleyes:

In case you can't see this image it's a some shit on piano keys... Basically it doesn't mean anything. Like you're dumb ass posts! lol

potm.jpg

I don't really see spending all the money on this shit with all the problems we have down here. The only reason would be to get some sort of return on this space and Mars exploration. I think there may be many valuable minerals and recourses on Mars. Perhaps they are looking for them?

Originally posted by thehog

I don't really see spending all the money on this shit with all the problems we have down here. The only reason would be to get some sort of return on this space and Mars exploration. I think there may be many valuable minerals and recourses on Mars. Perhaps they are looking for them?

there's oil on Mars? ooohhh.... that explains it:aright: