Clubplanet Nightlife Community

USA target World Cup success LOL!!!!!

nyckitty69

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

yeah whatever!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

According to BBC news:

"The United States are bidding for victory at the 2010 World Cup, and believe it is a realistic aim.

Ivan Gazidis, chief of Major League Soccer - the USA's equivalent of the Premiership - believes the team's display in the 2002 event was merely a precursor to greater success. "

keep dreaming. If football is not in u'r blood, forget it. stick to baseball american football and basketball chump cuz that's what's in USA blood.

comparing MLS to the Premiership? are u on crack?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my stomach hurts from laughing so hard........

nice joke of the new year....

What do the rest of u guys think?

croatia is even YOUNGER and they placed better in their first world cup. why? because they have the skill, background, artistry, and drive. Even turkey played better. For those of us from third world countries...football has a different meaning particularly when it comes to national pride. USA is in it for the money and they want to prove something and no one cares. matches with usa are, well,.... boring too, it's just not the same

come on, let's be honest here: they don't have the skill. artistry nor passion like other teams such as brazil or argentina before in the days of maradona, and never will. just like brazil will never have the same skill or artistry for sports like basketball and baseball as usa does. i wish they would stick to those games.

they could win the world cup and even then, I sincerely doubt the rest of the world will acknowledge it. they will say it is a set up etc. especially now with the deep anti-usa sentiments. mexico lost to usa: that was political, most of their matches are political. they must lose to usa. iran drawing with usa after beating them when they could have destroyed usa's team both times....political!!!! that is the only way they can win the world cup

if usa plays england, i will officially become a beckham fan.

i'm not coming down on usa, but let's be honest here......seriously

Originally posted by spragga25

They did finish in the final 8 with a VERY young team....if they build on that success (with Adu, Donovan, Beasley and others) it should happen.

Rest of the world will take notice in a few years!

Let's be honest here...you're a HATER!!!! Don't get all upset that the US will now dominate another sport in the next few years.

Another fact to chew on...the most popular sport being played by kids in the USA is soccer. The talent was always there, we just figured out the right system to put the pieces together.

Watching Italy play = :zzz: :zzz: :bored:

Well lets see.........

Since ive been watching soccer, and thats been for some time now.I must say that for USA being a country that soccer isnt the main sport here, they sure have developed very quickly and maturley.(Not sure if those are the correct "words" to describe em) They still have a very long way to go,its true they finished in the top 8 but that to me doesnt mean shyt.I think Egypt finished 3rd, correct? If not 4th.Look at em in the world cup in france 98.They lost to fucking Iraq:mad: .And played with just one forward. The advantage they have is that here are so many ex-profesionals from all over the world and that want soccer to be be played and explored to its fullest on american grounds and with the population here its very possible that the U.S. will keep on getting better and having tremendous talent.

:laugh: :laugh: talent? it must be in u'r blood! like american football is to usa. i think u know what i mean.

Originally posted by happyface

the most popular sport being played by kids in the USA is soccer. The talent was always there

they don't play it artfully like brazil. they kick the ball just to win. it's not about just winning, it's how you win it. there's a reason why pele, platini, maradona, reykaard, beckham, the 3 R's ETC are big (note none are from usa).

THEREFORE: U GUYS ARE IN DENIAL!!!:laugh: come clean!:D

I'll admit, i'm a hater when it comes to USA in football. I guess we must all agree to disagree.

clown u'r facts are so wrong:

iraq's first and only world cup was in 1986, the height of their success. In fact, some of their players were in negociations to be bought by spain, saddam wouldn't allow it, then the sanctions occurred. After years of saddam and abuse by his son, they STILL made it to the world cup. Especially considering what is going on now, give them a fucking break. They have been thru hell and back, being banned from matches, when football players had absolutely nothing to do with politics. look at the croats or even turkey..croatia went thru a bloody war and still kicked SERIOUS ass.

3rd world countries don't have money/ facilities like usa, their driving force is national pride, not money. oh.. iraq got to the world cup with an *iraqi* coach, they didn't have to *buy* a foreign coach like usa, saudi arabia, etc... with beckinbauer and the new guy or pull some political shit to win.

Egypt ....i'm at a loss for words. They need to get over this al-ahli / al-zamalik shit. those days are OVER. They were not in france 98, nor was iraq. They used to be such a great team with so much going for them. i think they were in 2 wc's?

italy... i'll admit they're playing horrendously, abysmally bad now, and yes, often boring matches. i think it's a time for them to regroup and rethink their future. they also got screwed, goals not counted. del piero saved them, but they were bound to lose anyway. italy will be back! as will ac milan for that matter!!!!!!!:D

Well lets see.........

I think Egypt finished 3rd, correct? If not 4th.Look at em in the world cup in france 98.They lost to fucking Iraq:mad: .And played with just one forward. The advantage they have is that here are so many ex-profesionals from all over the world and that want soccer to be be played and explored to its fullest on american grounds and with the population here its very possible that the U.S. will keep on getting better and having tremendous talent.

I wouldnt necessarily insult and laugh at America. People forget that in the 70s - yes i am that old - MLS packed stadiums every weekend. I remember seeing the ny cosmos in a crowd over 70k - better than most current Giants and Jets games. There was a long lull in this country and I am glad to see the sport making a nice comeback. I dont think anyone is kidding themselves here in terms of an identity crisis - we'll never maintain the type of culture and history europe and south america has connected with this sport. But why is it so hard to believe that we cant make a viable run at the cup? And even more importantly, wouldnt that make things more competitive and interesting?

Originally posted by nyckitty69

:laugh: :laugh: talent? it must be in u'r blood! like american football is to usa. i think u know what i mean.

they don't play it artfully like brazil. they kick the ball just to win. it's not about just winning, it's how you win it. there's a reason why pele, platini, maradona, reykaard, beckham, the 3 R's ETC are big (note none are from usa).

THEREFORE: U GUYS ARE IN DENIAL!!!:laugh: come clean!:D

I'll admit, i'm a hater when it comes to USA in football. I guess we must all agree to disagree.

clown u'r facts are so wrong:

iraq's first and only world cup was in 1986, the height of their success. In fact, some of their players were in negociations to be bought by spain, saddam wouldn't allow it, then the sanctions occurred. After years of saddam and abuse by his son, they STILL made it to the world cup. Especially considering what is going on now, give them a fucking break. They have been thru hell and back, being banned from matches, when football players had absolutely nothing to do with politics. look at the croats or even turkey..croatia went thru a bloody war and still kicked SERIOUS ass.

3rd world countries don't have money/ facilities like usa, their driving force is national pride, not money. oh.. iraq got to the world cup with an *iraqi* coach, they didn't have to *buy* a foreign coach like usa, saudi arabia, etc... with beckinbauer and the new guy or pull some political shit to win.

Egypt ....i'm at a loss for words. They need to get over this al-ahli / al-zamalik shit. those days are OVER. They were not in france 98, nor was iraq. They used to be such a great team with so much going for them. i think they were in 2 wc's?

italy... i'll admit they're playing horrendously, abysmally bad now, and yes, often boring matches. i think it's a time for them to regroup and rethink their future. they also got screwed, goals not counted. del piero saved them, but they were bound to lose anyway. italy will be back! as will ac milan for that matter!!!!!!!:D

Once again,its in our blood (soccer) cause its been the main sport since, hmmmmmm forever ! ! ! ! In Argentina before someone has a baby they are already fighting between family members to see what team hes going to route for..hate all you want, which is fine with me, but for a team like the U.S. that hasnt been around long as countries from South America or Europe has developed pretty quickly, like I said before they have a long way to go,this passion doesnt JUST pop out of no where. I give the US props for the way they are coming along,im not a US soccer fan but its the truth.You say they play just to win well doesnt everyone?Its a style that they dont have,maybelike the brazilians,italians,argentineans or any other team for that matter that has been playing this sport.

But time will tell.....

And so your a milan fan eh? No offense but I have a huge F--K U to that team for losing the Intercontinental Match in Japan to boca jrs. :mad:Ya should hang Seedrof hes HORRIBLE ! ! ! ! ! !

u don't like milan either? why? :(

why do so many ppl dislike ac milan?

what unpardonable sin have they committed?

they're having a bad time now. i only know one other person who likes them on cp. every other person is happy when they lose. i know people have their fav teams, but i'm curious, why are they disliked so much? i don't understand.

argentina is (or was until recently) a super cool team, at least until beckham got his revenge on simeone. that was a very bad moment in football history imo. and who can forget maradona and canigia (spelling?). i have faith they will come back.

so many teams sucking now: argentina, italy, france, germany is not as good as before but i don't like them anyway, holland didn't even make it... they need younger players....

Once again,its in our blood (soccer) cause its been the main sport since, hmmmmmm forever ! ! ! ! In Argentina before someone has a baby they are already fighting between family members to see what team hes going to route for..hate all you want, which is fine with me, but for a team like the U.S. that hasnt been around long as countries from South America or Europe has developed pretty quickly, like I said before they have a long way to go,this passion doesnt JUST pop out of no where. I give the US props for the way they are coming along,im not a US soccer fan but its the truth.You say they play just to win well doesnt everyone?Its a style that they dont have,maybelike the brazilians,italians,argentineans or any other team for that matter that has been playing this sport.

But time will tell.....

And so your a milan fan eh? No offense but I have a huge F--K U to that team for losing the Intercontinental Match in Japan to boca jrs. :mad: Ya should hang Seedrof hes HORRIBLE ! ! ! ! ! !

Originally posted by nyckitty69

u don't like milan either? why? :(

why do so many ppl dislike ac milan?

what unpardonable sin have they committed?

they're having a bad time now. i only know one other person who likes them on cp. every other person is happy when they lose. i know people have their fav teams, but i'm curious, why are they disliked so much? i don't understand.

argentina is (or was until recently) a super cool team, at least until beckham got his revenge on simeone. that was a very bad moment in football history imo. and who can forget maradona and canigia (spelling?). i have faith they will come back.

so many teams sucking now: argentina, italy, france, germany is not as good as before but i don't like them anyway, holland didn't even make it... they need younger players....

I never said I dont like Milan,actually I can careless about italian clubs even though I do watch games when I get the chance,and if I did have to choose a team it would be Napoli and wonder why? :cool:I was just pissed for the fact that Milan played like shyt the Intercontinental Cup like shyt and lost to the team I hate the most,which is boca crap. All that millions of dollars for what? Some of you and actually im not saying "you" said it,that this cup really is not in the intrest of the Europeans,which I think is bullshyt but whatever.

Argentina has a great team at this moment, the coach isnt doing the job is a different story.But at this time it really doesnt matter to play nice and what not, the main goal is just to qualify to the world cup, even though I want Argentina to play to what they are expected to with so much talent they have on that squad.Germany has been doing like shyht for some time, I still dont know how they made to the World Cup finals vs Brazil in Japan. As for Holland, yes they have great players but they dont have BALLS to go all the way.When its time to step up they pussy out like they did in 74 and in 78 not taking away any credit from both Germany and Argentina which also had awesomes team back then. Another example, world cup 98 vs Brazil in semi-finals, they played great through out the CUP and dominated against Argentina but they see Brazil and they shyt in their pants.Another example of a team with the same or same way is SPAIN all that talent and what have they won? :idea: (SHYT)

What was a very bad moment in history? beckham getting revenge or the disaster Argentina was in the world cup? I would have to go with playing like shyt beeing one of the favorites to win it all. For the reason yes we played like shyt and Beckham got his revenge and whatever and yes they deserved to beat us but they didnt get the pleasue of "KNOCKING US OUT" like we did in 86 and in 98. ;)

did anyone follow last summer's under 17 world cup?? i know it's not like all those players will end up playing for their national teams, but after a promising 4th place finish in 99 with donovan and those guys, the US had high hopes of winning it all. unfortunately, they placed lower in 03, despite having the mvp of the tourney adu, who had just turned 14 at the start of the whole thing. i'm not an avid soccer fan, but catch it from time to time. there is a diff style that these other countries play with, but as the US has done so before, i have a feeling they very well could dominate this sport too.

as long as US players stay to play in the MLS i dont think they will get anywhere. donovan should pack his bags and head to europe, hopefully in 4 or 5 years time adu will do the same. they can obviously be succesfull at some level, but winning the world cup is a bit of a stretch imo.