Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV factor for Sound Factory?

Just a random thing I thought of, after watching a re-run of MTV True Life: I'm a Clubber...

I'm just wondering how much exposure SF has gotten after being shown on MTV.

Following the show, have any of your non-clubber or out-of-town friends asked you about SF?

Do you know of anyone who has gone to SF, as a result of seeing the show? If so, I wonder how they reacted after finding out that JP is no longer there, and that the crowd has become more gay than what was shown.

Originally posted by wallflour

Just a random thing I thought of, after watching a re-run of MTV True Life: I'm a Clubber...

I'm just wondering how much exposure SF has gotten after being shown on MTV.

Following the show, have any of your non-clubber or out-of-town friends asked you about SF?

Do you know of anyone who has gone to SF, after seeing the show? If so, I wonder how they reacted after finding out that JP is no longer there, and that the crowd has become more gay.

i was thinking something like that but not really: only 2 of the peeps on that show went to sf and people are calling it true life; the one about factory. i dont think it hurt it though, its a club those assholes choose to fuck their own lives up

JU KNOWWWWW

I hated the way that show pertrayed Factory. They only showed the bad things ex: the drugs, Pete oversleeping work. They made it seem like nothing more then a place to do drugs. Reality is of course people did drugs in there but there is no way to describe the vibe in that place. No club will ever compair!

Originally posted by ashleym

I hated the way that show pertrayed Factory. They only showed the bad things ex: the drugs, Pete oversleeping work. They made it seem like nothing more then a place to do drugs. Reality is of course people did drugs in there but there is no way to describe the vibe in that place. No club will ever compair!

ok how dumb are we? they showed no drug use in factory. these assholes made the choices to fuck their shit up petey boy stayed there until 5am on monday knowing he was starting a new job in a few hours. is that the clubs fault?

Everyone talks about the amount of Drugs in SF what about Twilo?

Sh*t..i was there plenty of times and i have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Ever.

It was a crazy place...too bad I only caught it at the end but damn. I was new to substances and that was the place that introduced me to it all.

Tek

u know what i noticed...i found it ironic that as soon as that mtv true life series launched...thats when jp left the factory...its almost like they never wanted people who saw that series to come and see that at the club...a smart move on Grant's part cause it def wouldnt have lasted much longer...not to say im happy about what happened tho...