Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is JP having a Birthday Party?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

See..but thats you. Listen..im not a hater on anyone.

I like those 30 min mixes...he kills the song (in a good way). Its not like hes playing the song again normal. Effects, making his own buildups, using a bass from another song, throwing in an accapella over it.

Everyone likes diff things...we loved JP at SF. We can all argue til we are blue in the nuts about this lol.

This topic was killed a long time ago. People keep bringing it up because they have nothing better to do with their time. GET JOBS! If you wanna argue go pick a fight at a bar.

DKNY...i respect your opinion cause you seem to tell it how it is (in your eyes), not exaggerating, and to the point. I think we are all old enough here to not have to go through this everytime a DJ's name is brought up.

Just like the JP heads hate on Junior. That shows immaturity. I dont like the way he has been lately. I used to love Juniors music, mixing, and parties. Thats me. I dont hate on him. What the hell good is it to bitch all the time. Its not like its gonna change anything.

Tek

Thanks. Like I've said I've had amazing times at Factory. At one point I was a hardcore JP follower. If i sound bitter and overly critical of JP all the time it's because I'm disappointed that a DJ with so much potential, who I used to listen to all the time, and that had the potential to be a world class DJ doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm also bitter because the Factory party used to be about the music, but to a lot of people it became about the drugs. Drugs were always around, but the last couple of years it's become a lot of Factory-goers main concern (not saying YOU per se). When you have SF house dealers IN THE BOOTH, that's when you say to yourself, ok this is not a party for musicheads anymore. If I could go back to JP's Save the Robots days and the early days of the Factory party where it was an underground party I would, but I can't. Jaded? That's me.

But I'll lay off the JP bashing. I've bashed him enough for 30 people. :laugh:

why is it that because peters left factory people think that its gonna close and not do well?

LOL

apparently they are not going still, cause the 5-or 6 times that i have been there, iv seen lines down the block, over crowding, and people REALLY HAVING A GOOD TIME

Alot of the old junior>Twilo crew is now going out again,

Everyone hated EARTH

but if u remember before Twilo closed.

Saturdays were the talk of the town,

JUNIOR OWNED TWILO on saturday's, and his following has been Strong ever since >

except when he went to Exit. LOL

but yea that place aint dead kids, esp since richard is EXPANDING the Dance floor, and Adding to there system in march. so

i dont know where these kids get the JR killes SF thing from, just cause the fucken club isent filled with 4,000 long island kids, and kids from jersey, DOSENT MEAN ITS DEAD.

it's now filled with 4,000 fags, and is a Manhattan venue ONCE AGAIN!

<><oly<

why is it that because peters left factory people think that its gonna close and not do well?

LOL

apparently they are not going still, cause the 5-or 6 times that i have been there, iv seen lines down the block, over crowding, and people REALLY HAVING A GOOD TIME

Everyone hated EARTH

JUNIOR OWNED TWILO on saturday's, and his following has been Strong ever since >

but yea that place aint dead kids, esp since richard is EXPANDING the Dance floor, and Adding to there system in march. so

i dont know where these kids get the JR killes SF thing from, just cause the fucken club isent filled with 4,000 long island kids, and kids from jersey, DOSENT MEAN ITS DEAD.

<><oly<

Originally posted by jaysea

LOL

Everyone hated EARTH

<><oly<

Exactly.... Once these fridays start up its going to be banging in there and with strait people.. Anyone who disagrees needs to get off jp's shit, and i think jp is the man but why wouldnt i go see great talent a place as nice as factory?

I can care less if SF does good or not. The place has been around for a while..its not gonna close because of JP not being there..

I just want a home dammit. Think about how it felt to lose twilo. Thats how we are...no home.

I enjoyed SF, i loved that space, it was perfect how it was i think.

That is my only complaint...i cant listen to JP every sunday anymore. Gotta go to disco then hit up cheetah.

Like ive said 200000000000000 times before...ive gone to the earth parties eventhough i hated exit...i liked em in the beginning but personally im not into juniors style anymore.

I JUST WANT TO HEAR JP WEEKLY..is that too much to ask?

Tek

Is roseland a possibility? Any ideas where JP will me for the wmc? All you JP haters are retired factory heads who feel like degenerates for going there and getting cracked out. Its so funny how the people who abuse him on these boards always post replies about him, they love him and hate to admit it

Jaysea I have stopped by SF to say hello to Randy and Paris on more than a few occasions, and since Junior has been there I have not seen one line. The last time I stopped at SF was New Years at 6am and SF was a ghost town. The staffers I know have told me how much smaller the crowd has been. After Factory on New Years I went to Exit for JP, the line was around the block and it took 3 hours for people to get in. Once inside the club was packed with an awesome crowd, the vibe was sick and Jonathan ripped it up.

I am a big fan of JP. Ive seen him in Boston, Miami, Mexico and New York and have loved his show. I also love other DJ's,such as Danny T., Oakenfold, not a big fan of Timo but hes alright. But I will go anywhere JP goes cuz over the years he has left me with amazing memories, especially when he extends one of my fav songs (like In your eyes by Luz Divina), I wish he would play certain songs longer, he makes you want more. As far as JP playing the same song for 6 moths that is crap. Jonathan adds new songs everytime he spins, he may play our favorites for a while but thats cuz we beg for it. I love when JP plays some new shit then throws in a popular song that makes the crowd go wild. My dj friends from LA love to hear JP spin when they come visit. They took the classics cd back to Cali the last time they were here and they tell me its a hit. They want to get a group together to come to NYC to see JP spin. So those of you that don't like JP, stay home on his B-day, but you don't have to say you want him to od or the other nonsense thats has been said. Im not a fan of Junior but I don't say I want him to od. By the way there aren't very many djs that spin sober. I have friends all over that are djs that party while they spin, thats not exclusive to JP. As a matter of fact the the club crowd kicked off the Tina craze, not the dj.

I don't see why people are getting all defensive on who is a better Dj, and whether or not they like jp. Everyone has their own style and taste to music and dj's. If you think jp is the best dj, your entitled and if not, its ok too. People take this to heart if somebody doesn't agree on jp being good. Who cares, to me i love his music and his style. Thats my own opinion though, i don't care who doesn't agree. :itsok:

But to say that playing a track to its break, stopping it and starting from the beginning again 10-20 times definitley does not double the energy, in fact, it tires the track out. Maybe kids these days just like it that way, i dunno, but it sounds stupid to me. You must be on some good shit to be enjoying that. As for playing 20 hours, yes you have to work tracks, but 40 minutes - 90 minutes isnt working a track, its just wasting time, there are many djs that play marathon sets who don't play tracks for 40 mins+.