Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie at WMC?

krackbabe

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by krackbabe

Does anyone know where he's spinning? I'll be there from 3/6 - 3/11 and def wanna see him..

In true pod fashion.....WHO CARES?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by macboy

Give her a break, she only has six posts. :laugh:

I know, im sorry. And my New Years resolution was to be nice.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by djcarlosf

nice? :laugh: :laugh:

petite cuban woman?

i dont think thats possible :D

luv youuuu ;)

What are you talking about??? Im about as harmless as.........shit, I dunno.:confused:

thats what i keep hearing from people..

i'll do that.. thanks guy.

i really don't know much about other djs. sad but true, i only know the commercialized ones.

tiesto..pvd..oakenfold.. etc.

though i don't have many complaints. Oakenfold really ripped it at Avalon in NYC on thanksgiving.

Originally posted by krackbabe

thats what i keep hearing from people..

i'll do that.. thanks guy.

i really don't know much about other djs. sad but true, i only know the commercialized ones.

tiesto..pvd..oakenfold.. etc.

though i don't have many complaints. Oakenfold really ripped it at Avalon in NYC on thanksgiving.

send me a pm and ill reply with a list of djs you definately should check out while youre down here for WMC...only 52 days away :aright:

What a bunch of arrogants some of you have become.

Oakie still knows how to drop good sets, and as for whoever bashed Sasha, and especially BBB, let me see your skills on the decks.

Say what you want about Oakie, but I've never heard a single bad track during his recent sets. If you're looking for QUALITY uptempo Progressive House AND Trance, Oakenfold definitely brings it.

If you're looking for a DJ that has amazing turntables skills, and plays excellent uptempo (ie not Tech House) House music, whether its' from the East, West, or Midwest, than look no further than Bad Boy Bill.

If you're looking for a DJ that knows what REAL Progressive House and Breaks music is about (unlike Saleen) then definitely check out Sasha.

Things must be better than ever in Miami if some if you guys feel the need to bash some of the best DJs in the world, who have been part of the whole DJ culture for a long time now I should add. That's part of the reason why BBB, Sasha and Oakenfold get so much respect. They've been doing it for a long time, changing it up on occasion, but never going overboard and forgetting what they're about.

Think about it. Some of the more well known DJs in Miami completely change their style after a year or two, moving on to the next trend. There's nothing wrong with change, but some of them just jump from one bandwagon to the next. One month they only play Breaks, or Trance, or a certain style of House (like Tribal), and the next month they totally ditch it. The DJs above have remained true to their roots, they've produced music, promoted it to different parts of the world, etc. That's what sets them apart from a lot of the newbies on the scene that just whine nobody's booking them.

Originally posted by CHRles

What a bunch of arrogants some of you have become.

Oakie still knows how to drop good sets, and as for whoever bashed Sasha, and especially BBB, let me see your skills on the decks.

Say what you want about Oakie, but I've never heard a single bad track during his recent sets. If you're looking for QUALITY uptempo Progressive House AND Trance, Oakenfold definitely brings it.

If you're looking for a DJ that has amazing turntables skills, and plays excellent uptempo (ie not Tech House) House music, whether its' from the East, West, or Midwest, than look no further than Bad Boy Bill.

If you're looking for a DJ that knows what REAL Progressive House and Breaks music is about (unlike Saleen) then definitely check out Sasha.

Things must be better than ever in Miami if some if you guys feel the need to bash some of the best DJs in the world, who have been part of the whole DJ culture for a long time now I should add. That's part of the reason why BBB, Sasha and Oakenfold get so much respect. They've been doing it for a long time, changing it up on occasion, but never going overboard and forgetting what they're about.

Think about it. Some of the more well known DJs in Miami completely change their style after a year or two, moving on to the next trend. There's nothing wrong with change, but some of them just jump from one bandwagon to the next. One month they only play Breaks, or Trance, or a certain style of House (like Tribal), and the next month they totally ditch it. The DJs above have remained true to their roots, they've produced music, promoted it to different parts of the world, etc. That's what sets them apart from a lot of the newbies on the scene that just whine nobody's booking them.

:rolleyes:

Regarding Oakie, I remember the days when he would come in and do a four or five-hour set. Now he comes in and does a ninety-minute set, raises his hands like Jesus, and leaves. Yet his ticket prices have continued to go up. I remember when I didn't have to pay anything at all and got great entertainment. It's not like that anymore. I know others have their reasons, but this is why I won't waste my money.