Clubplanet Nightlife Community

R.I.P- Bobby "The Bouncer" from Surf Club

Anyone who goes to the Surf Club probably knows Bobby...one of the nicest guys in the world...Not even kidding....He was always smiling....happy....and extremely kind....

Anyway...I found out last night that Booby passed away on Sunday....

I had the opportunity to work with Bobby at Surf Club when I was in College....he always put a smile on my face and took an interest in whatever was going on in my life....Bobby was a football coach, teacher and bouncer at the Surf Club in the summer....

This summer Bobby wanted me to go to one of his BBQ's and play horseshoes with his friends....I wish I took him up on that offer....I wish I could buy him another slice of pizza....or ...bullshit with him on the Surf Club beach...

God must have big plans for Bobby...a true Saint in my eyes....I know he is in a better place....smiling down on us.....

You will be missed and loved forever.....-Chris

Originally posted by njstacked2

Anyone who goes to the Surf Club probably knows Bobby...one of the nicest guys in the world...Not even kidding....He was always smiling....happy....and extremely kind....

Anyway...I found out last night that Booby passed away on Sunday....

I had the opportunity to work with Bobby at Surf Club when I was in College....he always put a smile on my face and took an interest in whatever was going on in my life....Bobby was a football coach, teacher and bouncer at the Surf Club in the summer....

This summer Bobby wanted me to go to one of his BBQ's and play horseshoes with his friends....I wish I took him up on that offer....I wish I could buy him another slice of pizza....or ...bullshit with him on the Surf Club beach...

God must have big plans for Bobby...a true Saint in my eyes....I know he is in a better place....smiling down on us.....

You will be missed and loved forever.....-Chris

Shit that sucks,, Nice words though ..

I think i know who you are talking about.. How old was he???

I heard about this yesterday too and it's like a knife in my heart. I've known Bob since he worked at Tequila Joe's in the Alternative room. Every weekend, the first thing I did was run to find him and get my big old teddy-bear-bobby hug. I'm going to miss him dearly. There was no kinder soul in this world than Bobby.

A truly amazing person has left us. :(

Apparantly, he had a heart attack but I can't actually confim that.

Originally posted by teeman555

sorry to hear this.

by any chance did he have reddish hair??

Yea, and the most welcoming smile you'd ever see on a bouncer. If you go to tequilajoes.com, he's one of the last pictures in the flash sequence. Big guy, great smile, unforgettable personality.

I don't think it's sunk in yet that he's really gone. It's just too unbelievable to think such a wonderful man has been taken from us way too soon. He was only in his 30's I believe. :(

Originally posted by misskittie

Yea, and the most welcoming smile you'd ever see on a bouncer. If you go to tequilajoes.com, he's one of the last pictures in the flash sequence. Big guy, great smile, unforgettable personality.

I don't think it's sunk in yet that he's really gone. It's just too unbelievable to think such a wonderful man has been taken from us way too soon. He was only in his 30's I believe. :(

dayum that is terrible...i did not know him personally but do remember always seeing him at surf and at my gym once and a while....

that is who i am assuming it is.. what a shame he was such a sweet heart... always went out of his way to accommodate me when i was at surf.. even wheni first met him and he barely knew me... over the years i always looked foward to going to surf and seeing him..

Originally posted by ceepee

I'm guessing its the guy in this slideshow.....if it is ....how did he pass away??

video_box_nf.gif

They believe it was a heart attack, although that wasn't comfirmed yet. At least to my knowledge anyway. Once upon a time, Bobby was my boyfriends roommate, both up here & at the shore, I know his was one of many heart's broken by the news. So sad, he will definitely be missed.