Clubplanet Nightlife Community

City threads...

soulpatch

well, i know prior years on CP, there was alot more cities that had their own forums, but as of late, now there is a forum called

Clubbing in other areas- which you might be able to find posts regarding Orlando.... speak with a moderator dude, but im sure your gonna have to prove that there is a sufficient amount of traffic that will be viewing the threads before they make a whole forum on CP;)

my 2 cents

Exactly. Not to sound offensive, but there's probably not enough going on that is worthwhile in Orlan-duh to warrant a seperate forum. I

t'd be nice, since that way you don't get these neophytes stumbling in here asking what is going on 4 hours north of the city with the thread title :laugh:

But for now, I guess the best bet is to stick it all in the "other cities" thread.

Damn POD, I know you said no offense, but when was the last time you came to Orlando????

Big shit is happening every day here.We are not the metropolis that is Miami, bustling with so many different cultures. But a hip and forward city none the less.Maybe you should take some time to check into it before you make a comment like that.

Oh Yeah

and no offense taken:D

I haven't been up that way in a year or two, and I'll be honest and say I was bored.

Grant it, I'm spoiled...hanging out in the big cities will do that to you...makes the minor-leauge cities seem like just that. :cool:

I'm sure Orlando has a scene, Phil's always spouting about it...but I wouldn't say it warrants an A-level forum like Miami, NYC, LA, or Chicago...

It's a matter of perspective, really.

I agree that we ars not "A" material, I just do not like to be shit on.

Sorry you had a bad time in Otown but I think you would have a great time if you came back. You should join us for one of our marquee parties sometime. I'm sure you can carpool with phil............

Any ways,

let me know if you plan on ever coming back and I'll let you know what's going opn at that time.....

J

As much as I love Miami, there's no need to bash other Florida cities.

Pod, remember how you were talking the other day about how it seems a lot of ppl you meet in Miami are on some sort of scam? And remember how Saleen always talks about how the city of Ft. Lauderdale is much more cultured than the city of Miami? Well, maybe The Saleen was somewhat right...

Miami has some very nice suburbs, but here's some disturbing evidence about the cities of Miami and Hialeah (second time I'm posting this info today):

Only FIFTY percent :confused: of the population over the age of 25 has a high school diploma in Miami and Hialeah, while 80 percent is the norm in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando.

Sad but true :(

At least now you know why thuggish Hip Hop is so big in Miami ;)

Oh for sure. But I was just debating on the subject of nightlife.

Orlando and Liquordale are both more "civil" than Miami by far.

Miami is full of illiterate oafs and degenrate thugs, but it's certainly entertaining. If anything, you can go out, wander a mall, and have a few laughs. :laugh:

Nothing like going to Miami Subs and being greeted by a worker barely 18 years old who's got those "trendy" gold teeth in their mouth :laugh:

I guess the situation is laughable at some Miami malls so I'll just stick to Aventura Mall and SoBe as far as shopping goes, thank you very much ;)

POD,

Here are some other points to ponder. I will agree that we arent the size and as diverse as Miami, but I must say we all need to look a little deeper. The same as Miami, Orlando has events and artists that arent in your city. Dont you want to hear about them? I welcomed the fact that I was able to be informed that Julius Papp is coming to Miami. If it wasnt for the thread, I probably wouldnt have known. And vice versa, East Coast Boogiemen, H-Foundation, Dizzy are all artist that are coming to our fine little city and not coming to Miami. Whether there is an Orlando thread or not, you can pretty much bet Ill still post our events here, for everyone to see. People can take from the post whatever they want, either to attend or not, reply or not, comment or not...

As far as the yo-yo that made the deragotory comment, I dont have time for it.

Originally posted by soulpatch

He didnt even write it properly. He wrote:

"This is Miami, fuck Orlando, do you see O-town here, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nope, move along!!!"

It should have read:

This is Miami! F*ck Orlando!!! Do you see O-town here?! Ahh Noooope!!!! Move the f*ck along!!

:tongue:

Sorry man, didn't mean to criticize or come down on you. You've got an excellent taste in Trance. I just tend to get on the defensive when you bash people like patchofsoul just b/c they bring up Orlando, or when you bash Bad Boy Bill.

POD,

Here are some other points to ponder. I will agree that we arent the size and as diverse as Miami, but I must say we all need to look a little deeper. The same as Miami, Orlando has events and artists that arent in your city. Dont you want to hear about them? I welcomed the fact that I was able to be informed that Julius Papp is coming to Miami. If it wasnt for the thread, I probably wouldnt have known. And vice versa, East Coast Boogiemen, H-Foundation, Dizzy are all artist that are coming to our fine little city and not coming to Miami. Whether there is an Orlando thread or not, you can pretty much bet Ill still post our events here, for everyone to see. People can take from the post whatever they want, either to attend or not, reply or not, comment or not...

I agree with your intent 100%, do it Mr. Neisen.

Much Love.

Rx

I appreciate the fact that if there's a dull weekend in Miami, I can look to our neighbor in the north for a good house night. Orlando has come a long way from when I used to drive from Daytona back in '97-2000. And the 2 nights that I was in town for H_Foundation and Lisa Shaw (with Atnarko and QBurns) were simply amazing. As far as the vibe goes, they easily tore recent Miami parties a new asshole!!! That's not to say I'm not looking forward to Mark Grant and Julius Papp to close out January in Miami. There's definitely something to be said about a flourishing house scene in Orlando... First off, it's great to see a few people getting together to bring more intelligent and mature dance music to a city that has been plagued by FL breaks for many years. Granted, it's difficult to do that in a town that relies so heavily on tourism generated by theme parks, because tourists tend to be clueless about music. Second, it's totally understandable that when this new group of promoters hits the different venues, people will be confused (especially in a scene that's not used to house music). It will take time to build a scene but if I had to judge by the performances of the dj's that have been booked so far (and the upcoming ones: Dizzy, Colette, Chris Lum?), I'd have to say that Orlando's house music promoters are doing everything right! It would be nice if more promoters in Miami had the balls to bring less obvious talent instead of consistently relying on stale big names. It's understandable that Miami's house scene has matured and is reaching its saturation point very quickly and this leaves little space for the daring small-time promoter. The point is, Orlando's house scene is fresh and unpolluted. Miami's house scene will soon become a cul-de-sac.

By the way, Pod, you're more than welcome to car-pool when we go up for Colette and also Dizzy in April.

:D:hat:

POD,

:)