Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fat people are dumber then thin people

notallthere444

Originally posted by funks0ul

Q. What is the difference between then and than?

A. These two words are quite different!

Their only similarity is in the way they sound. Than is used to compare or contrast things, as in "He is a lot smaller than his older brother." Then refers to time or consequence: "And the Canaanite was then in the land" (Gen. xii. 6.); "If all this be so, then man has a natural freedom" (Locke). So if one thing follows or results from another, use then.

Than is also used before a pronoun, as in "Paul loves pizza more than me."

why do you prove that you are dumb as fuck and obviously don´t know when to use "then" and "than"?

even i, as a non-native english speaker and writer, know the difference. in that case i am 100% sure one must use "then" and not "than" :laugh:

show us a pic of you already, then we can prove or negate notallthere´s theory :laugh:

Originally posted by tastey

why do you prove that you are dumb as fuck and obviously don´t know when to use "then" and "than"?

even i, as a non-native english speaker and writer, know the difference. in that case i am 100% sure one must use "then" and not "than" :laugh:

show us a pic of you already, then we can prove or negate notallthere´s theory :laugh:

Are you really that much of a dumbass?? He's comparing two things, fat people, and thin people, on the basis on intelligence. You would use than and not then. Get a clue, and read a book.

Are you really that much of a dumbass?? He's comparing two things, fat people, and thin people, on the basis on intelligence. You would use than and not then. Get a clue, and read a book.

my god, you are such a fuckin joke.

are you gonna tell me i don´t know when to use "then" and "than"?

you quote his first post. THEN (<-) you quote his second. you can´t compare the two posts with "than". you can use "than" in "i´ll be there later THAN you", "he is bigger THAN you". compare. get it?

you CANNOT say

"you said "Fat people are dumber then thin people", than you say "Chill out its a message board who cares how you spell .. ""

where´s the logic in that??

would someone with a clue please step in and tell her (or me :eek: , even though i seriously seriously doubt i´m wrong )?? phonk??

you quote his first post. THEN (<-) you quote his second. you can´t compare the two posts with "than". you can use "than" in "i´ll be there later THAN you", "he is bigger THAN you". compare. get it?

you CANNOT say

"you said "Fat people are dumber then thin people", than you say "Chill out its a message board who cares how you spell .. ""

would someone with a clue please step in and tell her (or me :eek: , even though i seriously seriously doubt i´m wrong )?? phonk??

OMG. I wasn't comparing his 2 posts. I quoted his title, b/c he uses then when it should be than. I didn't say chill out it's a message board who cares about spelling, he did! And when I did, it was to point out that spelling does count when you're talking about intelligence. I was simply pulling out 2 quotes.

you CANNOT say

...We shouldn't argue semantics on this one, but Tastey's right.. You (funksoul) used 'Than'.. and the proper usage would be something along these lines:

"I'm more partial to beer than wine."

You (funksoul) should have used "then" in that post with two quotes from Notallthere because it signifies the passage of time.

"I woke up, then went to the store"

..The title of the thread should read: "Fat people are dumber than thin people".. 'Then' is not appropriate in that case.

..Hope that helps

Thanx,

The Fat Man... :aright:..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

..The title of the thread should read: "Fat people are dumber than thin people".. 'Then' is not appropriate in that case.

..Hope that helps

Thanx,

The Fat Man... :aright:..

That's why I used than! I wasn't comparing the 2 posts, I was correcting his title. Didn't realize that it was so hard to follow!

That's why I used than! I wasn't comparing the 2 posts, I was correcting his title. Didn't realize that it was so hard to follow!

...Oooh..hmm...well then, I'd suggest putting it in quotes to signify that you're giving an answer..then way it looked it seemed as if you were saying: "You said this THEN this"...point clarified...:aright:..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Soft and comfortable.. :)...

You mean those foam ones that when you have to take a piss, you have to hold them up with your fuckin' knee to keep it from falling down and sometimes piss on yourself and/or the fuckin' seat?

That's Pretty Fuckin' Dumb!!!

:hat::cool:

Originally posted by DarrellG

You mean those foam ones that when you have to take a piss, you have to hold them up with your fuckin' knee to keep it from falling down and sometimes piss on yourself and/or the fuckin' seat?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by DarrellG

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: too funny

btw...this is a gr8 thread :aright: