Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Places to Stay in SOBE???

What are some of the best places to stay during the WMC in SOBE??? Last year we stayed at the Riande and this year I wanna try something new. Any good suggestions that are reasonable priced like around $100 a night or even less? How about any sites that offer deep discounts for hotels in SOBE? Any particular area I should be focusing on? Is Collins or Ocean Drive the best areas to stay? Please provide some feedback.

Originally posted by trancedude

What are some of the best places to stay during the WMC in SOBE??? Last year we stayed at the Riande and this year I wanna try something new. Any good suggestions that are reasonable priced like around $100 a night or even less? How about any sites that offer deep discounts for hotels in SOBE? Any particular area I should be focusing on? Is Collins or Ocean Drive the best areas to stay? Please provide some feedback.

I heard a lot of people will be in RONEY PALACE

100$/night or less? wow... good luck on finding that kind of rate.

there's not much difference between staying on ocean and collins. you'll probably want to stay somewhere 15th and below though.

i'm staying at the roney... found a deal on expedia for about 600$/pp 5 nights including airfare PHL - MIA

just go to tripadvisor.com to check out reviews on hotels. trust me on this one - you'll learn the truth about hotels on this thing, compared to the fluff they put on expedia, etc.

as for under $100 - how many people are going to be in the room? you can find a room for around that price for 2 people.

staying on both ocean drive and collins ave are fine, try to stay more south, say of 14th st.

i'd look into edison, clevelander, i'm staying at the aqua, winterhaven, chelsea, tudor, clay hotel (this one i'm positive is under $100).

no, that's not true. granted, you won't be staying at the delano, shore club or mandarin... but you can get a decent room with no frills for that amount. esp. if it's for 2 people and all you need is 1 queen/king size bed.

not everyone has to stay at roney palace. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kitty19

no, that's not true. granted, you won't be staying at the delano, shore club or mandarin... but you can get a decent room with no frills for that amount. esp. if it's for 2 people and all you need is 1 queen/king size bed.

not everyone has to stay at roney palace. :rolleyes:

NOBODY SAID THAT BUT I AINT STAYING IN NO 100 DOLLAR PLACVE

I've found the Carlton for $99 a night..is that a decent place to stay.?..it's right there near 14th and Collins....Riande is still going for about $109..that's ok place..just need a place where it's decent and near the action..don't care to much for the plush rooms cuz not gonna be spending too much time there...Any more input would be appreciated.

Originally posted by trancedude

I've found the Carlton for $99 a night..is that a decent place to stay.?..it's right there near 14th and Collins....Riande is still going for about $109..that's ok place..just need a place where it's decent and near the action..don't care to much for the plush rooms cuz not gonna be spending too much time there...Any more input would be appreciated.

RIANDE IS A SHIT HOLE

Originally posted by kitty19

just go to tripadvisor.com to check out reviews on hotels. trust me on this one - you'll learn the truth about hotels on this thing, compared to the fluff they put on expedia, etc.

as for under $100 - how many people are going to be in the room? you can find a room for around that price for 2 people.

staying on both ocean drive and collins ave are fine, try to stay more south, say of 14th st.

i'd look into edison, clevelander, i'm staying at the aqua, winterhaven, chelsea, tudor, clay hotel (this one i'm positive is under $100).

I am sooooooooooo glad you posted that link! I was booked for the Riande Contenental Bayside until I started reading some of the reviews from that site.

Riande continental customer review:

This was the most disgusting, hairy place I have ever slept. The place was a dump. There was no parking so we paid 20 dollars a day to park a few blocks away in a garage. The image that makes me literally gag and will be in my head forever is the hair. I can understand a stray strand perhaps, but this was amazing. There was thick black hair sprayed all over the bathroom wall. My friend was in bed and lifted up the sheet only to find long balck hairs on her leg form lying on the sheets. There was hair in the food. Not just one hair, but a small handful. And when I thought it couldn't get worse- the all time worse happened. As I was showering in the nasty yellow water with my shoes on, I looked up and there was pubic hair covering the ceiling. I don't know how it got on the ceiling and I don't want to know but I had to run to the toilet to throw up. (Which the toilet just happened to be broken and maintenance called.) There were about 50 of them dangling from the ceiling. So, if you love stinky dirty filth topped with a handful of nasty hair from all parts of the body, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I would suggest staying in a cardboard box before you step foot in the Hotel Riande.

Immediately after reading that and 5 other comments close to that... I decided paying a bit more for a room might be worth it. I fond a place with good ratings named the Hotel InterContenental Miami hotel ($195/night) with much better reviews though, and still right next to the main entrance to Ultra 6 (0.44 miles away).

Thanks again for the link! :D

Originally posted by confidentialen

soo we got a phatt little condo right on 11th an collins over lookin collins for $1365 frm 3/6 to 3/13, 7 days. an plane tixx were like $602. for 3 round trip tixx.

heres the link on the condo...rm 301

Del Rio @ South Beach

even tho wer payed alot the place looks kinda nyce, well see?

Ahhhh, I'm envious of you all! That's a nice spot to spend the week. That's going to be one hell of a crazy week! Enjoy it! :cool:

Originally posted by confidentialen

i know 2 peeps thats got a room between 9th an 10th on collins ave for $89 dollaz a night... its the PRINCESS ANN or sumthin like that, i donno do a search for it in miami?

0ops here ya go...the linK.

http://www.flhotels.com/florida_hotels/miami_hotels/princess_ann_hotel_hotel.html

Might be an OK place, but the customer reviews on tripadvisor don't sound too promising unfortunately.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34439-d126336-r1032604-Princess_Ann_Hotel-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

Originally posted by bawls

I am sooooooooooo glad you posted that link! I was booked for the Riande Contenental Bayside until I started reading some of the reviews from that site.

Immediately after reading that and 5 other comments close to that... I decided paying a bit more for a room might be worth it. I fond a place with good ratings named the Hotel InterContenental Miami hotel ($195/night) with much better reviews though, and still right next to the main entrance to Ultra 6 (0.44 miles away).

Thanks again for the link! :D

a little research goes a long way ;)