Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about "WMC Budgeting"....

Not counting lodging and airfare, how much spending cash would one need per day on average at WMC?

In other words, to get through a day's worth of eating, drinking, clubbing, cover charges, cabs, etc., how much is typical?

Obviously, everybody has different tastes, but what should we "out of towners" expect?

$100?

$150?

$200?

$250?

More?!?!

Tips, suggestions, and advice for making this the most amount of fun for the smallest amount of cash are GREATLY appreciated.

:aright:

Well not including hotel and air fare, I'm planning on bringing down $1500

Never been but I know how I spend money when I'm banged up and on vaca lol. Last time I went to the Bahamas I blew my money in 4 days:laugh:

How long are you staying in town? $1500 sounds about right for a week... But, would prolly be WAYYYY too much for 3 or 4 days.

That's why I asked what to expect "per day"... I figure that not everybody is coming for the exact same amount of time.

thx for your reply, tho.

per day...

well, i'd say to be safe, around 150$/day (more if you're an alcoholic ;) ). that should take care of food, clubs, drinking, local transportation. i usually manage to do some shopping while i'm down there, so i bring about 1000$

Sounds about right, dude. sorry if i came off somewhat harsh...

Don't really know what to expect to pay for cover charges, doorman bribes, etc.... Hence, my confusion.

I know that ULTRA is $55 pre-sale. So, that shit eats up a budget in a hurry...

I think I went thru about $150-200 per day in Ibiza last summer, so I'm hoping that amount will hold for WMC.

you can go budget if you want - if you don't drink much while your out (but in your room instead) AND pick one or two free or long running events per day to go to you can limit your $$ at the door plus drinks to $50 - $70 a day. If you drink a lot add accordingly.

If u'r planning on hopping between 3 or 4 parties a day that obviously can get pricey.

As for eats - well you can spend anything from $10 / day on up.

If u'r looking to kinda just go with the flow and do stuff (but not order bottles and stuff) $150 / day is a decent amount I think.

Space is about a $15 cab ride from Sobe each way if you're planning on hitting that up. Its actually a pretty inexpensive way to spend your time down there if you like who's spinning cause its one reasonable door charge plus the cab...

No, registration to the official WMC is really for industry types, artists, producers, etc. It doesn't have much to do with the actual party scene that happens during the WMC. As far as I know the only party you would get into for free if you registered for the WMC is Ultra.

Originally posted by barvybe

you can go budget if you want - if you don't drink much while your out (but in your room instead) AND pick one or two free or long running events per day to go to you can limit your $$ at the door plus drinks to $50 - $70 a day. If you drink a lot add accordingly.

If u'r planning on hopping between 3 or 4 parties a day that obviously can get pricey.

As for eats - well you can spend anything from $10 / day on up.

If u'r looking to kinda just go with the flow and do stuff (but not order bottles and stuff) $150 / day is a decent amount I think.

Space is about a $15 cab ride from Sobe each way if you're planning on hitting that up. Its actually a pretty inexpensive way to spend your time down there if you like who's spinning cause its one reasonable door charge plus the cab...

good post, barvybe...

not trying to come "on a budget", but "with a budget". hope that made sense. I figured I'd plan for $150-200 per day, and while I'm no cheapskate, I'm not one to just throw cash around like it grows on trees either. I've been to SoBe several times, but this will be my first trip during WMC.

So, I really appreciate the input of those who have been before and what their experience has been. The info about the "official registration" is good to know as well. That is something I hadn't even thought of looking into, and am damn glad that we don't need to shell out $2 bills for that nonsense.

:D

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by stillrollin

How long are you staying in town? $1500 sounds about right for a week... But, would prolly be WAYYYY too much for 3 or 4 days.

That's why I asked what to expect "per day"... I figure that not everybody is coming for the exact same amount of time.

thx for your reply, tho.

I spent $800 in 3 days last year, and I'm a girl, I would think a guy would spend more!!!

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

I spent $800 in 3 days last year, and I'm a girl, I would think a guy would spend more!!!

Why in the world would you "think a guy would spend more"?!?! :eek:

I'm assuming that the pricing on all things is for BOTH genders... ;)

I'm sure there are some girls down there who try to 'freeload' off the dudes for drinks and what not, and some fools who fall into that trap. BUT, most guys aren't gonna "go shopping" while down there either. In fact, I've NEVER heard a guy (that wasn't gay) say "Let's just spend the day shopping" while on a trip...

I'm not sure if I wanna run into your gang yet, or not.... :D :D :D

Originally posted by digital7

Troy, you'll be fine with $150.00 a day.

4 days you told me? $600.00 ... more than enough!

I figure that as long as I can hang with the local SoBe CP gang a couple nights of the trip, I should be able to save on some "doorman bribing" too. :D

I appreciate the words of wisdom, danny... I was counting on $150-200, so I should be in good shape. i get in on thursday night, and have to bail on monday morning, so $600 should be about right.

We definitely need to hang out some this time around.

Originally posted by brian428

No, registration to the official WMC is really for industry types, artists, producers, etc. It doesn't have much to do with the actual party scene that happens during the WMC. As far as I know the only party you would get into for free if you registered for the WMC is Ultra.

last year, registration got you into at least one club party per night comped, the Ultra Musicfest, International Dance Music Awards, the DJ poolside events, the DJ spinoff competition plus discounted group air tickets and discounted hotel at the conference hotel.

i registered the 2nd year i went and what a waste of $ that was.

- didnt really get anything out of the seminars/panels/workshops

- getting into parties free? ha! maybe if you arrived at the door before 10pm

- music awards were OK, but nothing spectacular

- the only good thing about having a badge was being able to sit poolside while DJs spun

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by stillrollin

Why in the world would you "think a guy would spend more"?!?! :eek:

I'm assuming that the pricing on all things is for BOTH genders... ;)

I'm sure there are some girls down there who try to 'freeload' off the dudes for drinks and what not, and some fools who fall into that trap. BUT, most guys aren't gonna "go shopping" while down there either. In fact, I've NEVER heard a guy (that wasn't gay) say "Let's just spend the day shopping" while on a trip...

I'm not sure if I wanna run into your gang yet, or not.... :D :D :D

i just know the guys we went down with spent way more than us. They had to pay higher cover charges, they paid sometimes just to cut the lines, the bought vip tables, they just spent money on stuff that we didn't. I bought my own drinks and thats how I spent $800 in 3 days, believe me I'm sure I may have received a few freebies, but I paid or pretty much everything!!!:)

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

i just know the guys we went down with spent way more than us. They had to pay higher cover charges, they paid sometimes just to cut the lines, the bought vip tables, they just spent money on stuff that we didn't. I bought my own drinks and thats how I spent $800 in 3 days, believe me I'm sure I may have received a few freebies, but I paid or pretty much everything!!!:)

it's cool, shorty...

i musta been in a shitty mood when i first replied, so i apologize if i came off kinda harsh.

your reply makes total sense. if ya see me down there, say "howdy" and I'll buy ya drink!! :D