Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Flavalon Closing: Eviction Notice

flavanugz

Originally posted by flavanugz

dude, im dead serious here. no jokes please

So they are evicting you??? I would fight it all the way, but again maybe Groovfire could help you a little better then I. But I think you should fight it as long as you can...

i say get a lawyer.. james sokolov, attorney at law. fuck those crabs downstairs who don't have the balls to take care of their personal problems with the people creating them.

a lawyer will be able to find out if there was infact a second warning issued. if it was not, then you guys are chill. or, at least, you should be.

if you do get the boot, keep your eyes peeled on craigslist.org. i'm sure you three could come up with individual rooms or maybe even sublet a 3-bedroom for the jan-aug part of the lease. but obviously that's not ideal so do all you can to stay at 1133. and to do that, you need legal counsle.

Tom,

I had a similar situation happen to me last year around this time. Boston renters have more rights than you even know, on top of that, the Mayor's office is in full support of tennants over landlords since these guys cause the city so much trouble. First of all I believe that it is illegal to evict a person with only 7 days notice...that much I know, I believe that atleast by Mass law the landlord is required to give you 30 days.

Do this, and it should help.

Call the Mayors office and say that you have a situation with your landlord and that you'd like to know your rights. If anything have them put you through to the Housing Courts office where they'll really help you. From this you can reach a couple of outcomes - they can find out how many notices you were actually given...they can spell out your rights to you (basically do NOT let yourself be pushed around by your landlord), and you can better prepare yourself in case anything happens.

The result is that if the landlord is acting illegally, you should notify him/her through certified mail, stating the MASS law and that you are consulting with a lawyer...if they still try to throw you out - you can technically sue them for breaking the lease and seek 3 months rent in damages. Trust me, call the Mayor's office and they'll get your back and help you out.

Dres

Tom,

I had a similar situation happen to me last year around this time. Boston renters have more rights than you even know, on top of that, the Mayor's office is in full support of tennants over landlords since these guys cause the city so much trouble. First of all I believe that it is illegal to evict a person with only 7 days notice...that much I know, I believe that atleast by Mass law the landlord is required to give you 30 days.

Do this, and it should help.

Call the Mayors office and say that you have a situation with your landlord and that you'd like to know your rights. If anything have them put you through to the Housing Courts office where they'll really help you. From this you can reach a couple of outcomes - they can find out how many notices you were actually given...they can spell out your rights to you (basically do NOT let yourself be pushed around by your landlord), and you can better prepare yourself in case anything happens.

The result is that if the landlord is acting illegally, you should notify him/her through certified mail, stating the MASS law and that you are consulting with a lawyer...if they still try to throw you out - you can technically sue them for breaking the lease and seek 3 months rent in damages. Trust me, call the Mayor's office and they'll get your back and help you out.

Dres