Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vw beetle

shadowdoc15

Originally posted by shadowdoc15

if you like or dislike the beetle, what are some of the things that keep you from buying it or keep you from giving it up for a different car? please include you age and gender.

Thank you for your time ,

a designer in vw

I've driven my girlfriends bug a few times. I don't like the way the interior's layed out, I don't like the steering, it's underpowered, visibillity from the driver's seat sucks, and I really don't like being seen driving it.

I like VW's a lot, IMO the bug shouldn't have a VW emblem on it.

Originally posted by unclefester401

I've driven my girlfriends bug a few times. I don't like the way the interior's layed out, I don't like the steering, it's underpowered, visibillity from the driver's seat sucks, and I really don't like being seen driving it.

I like VW's a lot, IMO the bug shouldn't have a VW emblem on it.

yeah, maybe they should market it under "SEAT" or "Skoda" (or any other subsidiaries that don't sell to the U.S. ;) )

alright, I'll give you my fair and completely unbiased reason why I would NOT pick a VW Beetle.

It's a wimp car.

That is unbiased for the following reasons.

The new beetle represents, in my opinion, a buyer who likes being trendy. This is the same buyer who will keep up on fashion trends that their favorite pop artists are wearing, probably into celebrity gossip or a techno-geek. Probably has the most trendy color case for their cell phone, the expensive gap jeans that look like they've been pre-worn by a painter and of course, the car.

They will happily live their entire lives following trends and paths set by others, being led around by their noses by other people who decide for them what is necessary in life and what is unimportant. The average joe I see in a beetle is a follower, not a leader and not someone who will gladly take initiative and step out and do something bold. Beetle owners like simplicity and comfort. They like quiet. They have miniature rock gardens in their apartment to properly orient their Chi. The Atkins diet appeals to them becuase everyone else is doing it.

They enjoy filling out efficiency reports for the boss.

All their TPS reports have cover pages.

Beetle owners dislike sports car drivers.

The original beetle was "the people's car", and it was probably built along the same lines as the current beetle - a car for the average citizen to get from point A to point B. The current beetle seems to want to capitalize more upon the 60's and 70's - when the original bug was a method of cheap transportation, used by a lot of people, not just the carefree hippies that it seems the new beetle was designed to infuse with today's modern sophisticate.

Basically, it's a car designed for the person who wants to fit in.

I am a person who wants to stand out.

In this age of cellphones, internet messaging, Britney Spears pop music and flat screen plasmas, I already have enough things i can buy that will make me into the stylish, tech-savvy urban sophisticate that everyone else is trying to be. I dont need to buy a car as a final statement on how processed my life has become.

Especially not one that comes with a daisy vase installed in the dash, standard.

No thank you.

Performance runs in my blood.

Lancer Evolution 8, WRX and STi, Neon SRT-4, Mini Cooper-S, RX8, 350Z...

these are the things that make my world go round and my blood boil.

I laugh at Joe Average in the right lane, sipping his espresso happily while getting ready to relive another day from Office Space.

24, Male and full of Testosterone...

and a Toyota MR2 Turbo driver.

i couldn't have said it better myself.

oh, and watch it shark-boy... that bright yellow beatle puts out about the same FWD hp as your hundai ;):tongue:

yeah, and what the fuck is with that bright yellow color... it just makes me want to hit that thing with a fucking bat... the only car that even comes close to pulling that off is the z06, perhaps because its not a giant bubble :idea:

wasn't the original bug mid-engine/rwd?

Originally posted by joeg

oh, and watch it shark-boy... that bright yellow beatle puts out about the same FWD hp as your hundai ;):tongue:

Hey, get it right, it's Hyundai dammit!

And yea, the TURBO might have the same hp as my car STOCK, but it weighs 1000 lbs more. I remember when my car was stock, this kid in a hooked up turbo bug tried to race me and I DESTROYED him. :cool:

Originally posted by cintron

No thank you.

Performance runs in my blood.

Lancer Evolution 8, WRX and STi, Neon SRT-4, Mini Cooper-S, RX8, 350Z...

these are the things that make my world go round and my blood boil.

I laugh at Joe Average in the right lane, sipping his espresso happily while getting ready to relive another day from Office Space.

24, Male and full of Testosterone...

and a Toyota MR2 Turbo driver.

Hey, you forgot Hyundai Tiburon, but I'll let you go this time.

Well said. ;)

Originally posted by shadowdoc15

if you like or dislike the beetle, what are some of the things that keep you from buying it or keep you from giving it up for a different car? please include you age and gender.

Thank you for your time ,

a designer in vw

it is pointless. The Golf has almost the same equipment levels and options, and is $1000 less.

besides that, the Beetle is too much of a girly car. perhaps if VW decided to forgo making those stupid flower-petal wheels and the bud vases, perhaps it would not be so bad. the pastel color slection doesnt help either.

btw: i'm a 22 year old male

Originally posted by DarrellG

Hey, get it right, it's Hyundai dammit!

And yea, the TURBO might have the same hp as my car STOCK, but it weighs 1000 lbs more. I remember when my car was stock, this kid in a hooked up turbo bug tried to race me and I DESTROYED him. :cool:

lol... don't get me wrong, i'd take a shark over that siezure enducing bubble-boat anyday... but there is NO commonality between that and the TT aside from the parent company. (oh, and i think my car has a daisy vase somewhere... i just have to find it) ;)

Originally posted by joeg

lol... don't get me wrong, i'd take a shark over that siezure enducing bubble-boat anyday... but there is NO commonality between that and the TT aside from the parent company. (oh, and i think my car has a daisy vase somewhere... i just have to find it) ;)

except perhaps the 1.8T engine and that both use the golf platform :tongue:

Guest saleen351

funny thing is, T.O. drives one... what a faggot!!!

car is for chicks, and their sales are tanking... they will probably have to pull it soon..

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

except perhaps the 1.8T engine and that both use the golf platform :tongue:

yeah, but it has the dumbed down version of the 1.8T with the K03 and the FWD tranny/drivetrain... i was reffering more to the aesthetics and performance characteristics...

i'd take a golf over that piece any day...

whos T.O.??? :confused:

and for once i think we can all agree with saleen's statement. :)

ok didnt really feel like reading all of that.

But, when i got my hands on a Turbo S for the day, i had way too much fun in that thing.

Goes like stink, while still looking like a stock beetle for the most part. Brakes were good, gearbox was better than normal, susp was still a bit on the soft side for me. But then again i drive a Subaru with STi susp.

I was so hoping that they were goin to bring over the RSi when they were first marketing the car. I prob would have bought one of those things.

billy

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the beetle has DSG too :tongue:

I was referring to the 6spd gearbox and more importantly the AWD system that is NOT available on the beatle... i'm not a big fan of the TT250's... and the DSG isn't as strong as its benz/bmw counterparts...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cintron

who the fuck is terrel owens?

some jersey hero?

do you live in a cave????

how can you not know the name terrel owens???

you gotta be one of those weird guys who don't watch sports..

a_to_i.jpg