Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there such a thing as too old?

lilliz77

Originally posted by pod

Gen-X is an overused term. Mind you, most people on this board are not in that segment, rather they are in the Gen-Y segment, or the Internet Generation segment. Gen-X is the segment of people who look back on the 70s as their youth, rather than the 80s.

It's true though, you are only as old as you feel. I know 23 year olds who are burnt out from clubbing, since they've been doing drugs since they were 18, and have gotten fried. I know 40 somethings who go out once a week religiously, and aren't burnouts...and they've been at it since they were 20. The trick is moderation, I'm seeing.

As for the mode of dress, well, that's up to you. Sometimes I go out in whatever I woke up in that morning, other times I'll fuck with peoples' heads and throw on a few hundred bucks worth of clothing.

For me, it's been an evolution. I started as a "normal" clubgoer when i was 18 or so...i eventually picked up my camera one night, and started shooting in the places i hung out in so much (can you believe I started shooting in The Mix?)...I'll always be shooting, but will it always be in clubs? Maybe, maybe not...depends on where the real club scene goes...however, i have set a little personal goal, and when I'm 30, I would really like to open up my own venue, nothing major, just a little room with the most advanced sound and lighting of the year 2009, and the best house, techno, and trance DJs that I can negotiate down to a reasonable fee. :laugh:

I've already got my staff in mind, so some of yas will be getting phone calls in a few years. :cool:

Hey Pod---just for the sake of being a smart ass, i decided to do a little research on "gen x" and according to Msn Encarta and several other resources, Gen X is any person born roughly between 1965-1980, which would put a lot of those on here into that group, growing up in the 70"s and 80"s..so :tongue:

:D

Originally posted by houze-kitty

Hey Pod---just for the sake of being a smart ass, i decided to do a little research on "gen x" and according to Msn Encarta and several other resources, Gen X is any person born roughly between 1965-1980, which would put a lot of those on here into that group, growing up in the 70"s and 80"s..so :tongue:

:D

Yay! I just made it. I'm Gen X? :tongue:

Age is a state of mind...

I don't think its so much if you're "too old to party"

rather, if you party responsibly for your age.

I expect an 18 - early 20 something yearold to party hard and be out night after night because you are still experiencing and experimenting at that age.

I find it sad, those who affect their families (especially those with kids), their careers and their health and well-being, in order to keep the party going with their iresponsible behavoir.

I believe age is brought into factor because it is broadly known in our society that at a certain "age", people should have an established career and or family, but most importantly contribute back to society in a positive manner.

So if you party frequently and can still maintain your obligations and responsibilites to your self, family and society...you most certainly deserve to do so.

As far as dress, there are certain places for everything.

After wearing a suit and tie to work everyday, I to like the ability to wear jeans and a comfortable shirt to relax, but there is also the ability to have tasteful style while doing so. It is utimately the right of the venue to control their dresscode as they have the ability to maintain their image and brand, if I don't like it...i don't go.

Party as hard as you can be responsible for-

Sean S.:D

Originally posted by djss

Age is a state of mind...

I don't think its so much if you're "too old to party"

rather, if you party responsibly for your age.

I expect an 18 - early 20 something yearold to party hard and be out night after night because you are still experiencing and experimenting at that age.

I find it sad, those who affect their families (especially those with kids), their careers and their health and well-being, in order to keep the party going with their iresponsible behavoir.

I believe age is brought into factor because it is broadly known in our society that at a certain "age", people should have an established career and or family, but most importantly contribute back to society in a positive manner.

So if you party frequently and can still maintain your obligations and responsibilites to your self, family and society...you most certainly deserve to do so.

As far as dress, there are certain places for everything.

After wearing a suit and tie to work everyday, I to like the ability to wear jeans and a comfortable shirt to relax, but there is also the ability to have tasteful style while doing so. It is utimately the right of the venue to control their dresscode as they have the ability to maintain their image and brand, if I don't like it...i don't go.

Party as hard as you can be responsible for-

Sean S.:D

:aright::werd: