Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin Van Buuren on KTU....

rs22b

OK, did anyone else here this tonight?

I am so not happy right now. They played it at about 7pm.

Armin Van Buuren - Burned With Desire

I know the city needs some good stuff on the radio, but they need a whole new station or format. They cant just throw this thing out there and make it commercialized. I love AVB and i wish him all the best luck. But i dont wish his music to be commercialized here in the states on a station which is tuned to Top 40 listeners:blown:

Now i cant play this record i bought this past weekend at gigs. SUCK.

anyone else have a problem with this?

billy

Originally posted by factorynycchef

NYC definatly needs some kind of mega dance station.....party105 does not cut it and KTU.....well......they speak for themselves.....lol

:laugh: nice. Well i would just like them to never play anything that i have in my box. That would be nice. Thanks.

billy

i dont get mad at KTU for playing all the stuff that you normally here on KTU.

I get mad b.c they play stuff that i have been listening to for awhile, that i never saw being a commercialized product.

While most everyone can get what ppl play in clubs, I still like the mystery of not knowing what track is being played b.c i've never heard it before.

Thats what makes goin, for me, fun.

billy

Originally posted by djmikebugout

what i dont understand is that people hate when KTU represents dance music as Lasgo, Donna Summer and Tina Ann

yet people get mad when they add stuff like As the Rush Comes, Burned With Desire, ect ect

:confused:

im not mad that they are playing as the rush comes.. i think g&d's remix is excellent and if i ever happened to hear it while driving i think it'd brighten up my day a little bit.... it's nice to hear good music on the radio for once instead of milkshake and that lame ass ludacris song..

avb... i coudl careless if he becomes commercialized.. i never really got in to him.. i have some of his sets and they just don't do it for me oh well... this you might like... while driving today some little girl on ktu called up and asked what song it was where someone said "kissing in the rain" etc. etc. and then vic latino was like that is AVB and you can find it on his nw cd 76 out now in stores everywhere... sorry i had to share that with you (r22b.. not djmike)

Originally posted by rs22b

i dont get mad at KTU for playing all the stuff that you normally here on KTU.

I get mad b.c they play stuff that i have been listening to for awhile, that i never saw being a commercialized product.

While most everyone can get what ppl play in clubs, I still like the mystery of not knowing what track is being played b.c i've never heard it before.

Thats what makes goin, for me, fun.

billy

:werd:

its only cuz the music that no one knows unless u go listen to the dj's in clubs... suddenly becomes ridiculously played out and commercialized and then u dont even wanna listen to it anymore... kinda kills the whole excitement of hearing it when ur out... now its just like.. UGH not againnnnn

Originally posted by linabina

:werd:

its only cuz the music that no one knows unless u go listen to the dj's in clubs... suddenly becomes ridiculously played out and commercialized and then u dont even wanna listen to it anymore... kinda kills the whole excitement of hearing it when ur out... now its just like.. UGH not againnnnn

Thank you. I am just too retarded right now to find the right words. But you just found them for me.

thanks again

billy

Originally posted by oldtimer

this you might like... while driving today some little girl on ktu called up and asked what song it was where someone said "kissing in the rain" etc. etc. and then vic latino was like that is AVB and you can find it on his nw cd 76 out now in stores everywhere... sorry i had to share that with you (r22b.. not djmike)

Unfortunatly, I think Vic was wrong. It might be just me b.c i have the euro version, not the US version CD and a few songs on vinyl. But i dont think there is a song called "Kissing in the Rain" on that album.

billy

with over 700 CDs and a ton of mp3s I have not listen to ANY radio stations in a number of years now.

only exception are the internet streaming stations....but you can hardly compare them to regular radio since you get hours of non-stop music of YOUR choosing.

Originally posted by oldtimer

im not mad that they are playing as the rush comes.. i think g&d's remix is excellent and if i ever happened to hear it while driving i think it'd brighten up my day a little bit.... it's nice to hear good music on the radio for once instead of milkshake and that lame ass ludacris song..

avb... i coudl careless if he becomes commercialized.. i never really got in to him.. i have some of his sets and they just don't do it for me oh well... this you might like... while driving today some little girl on ktu called up and asked what song it was where someone said "kissing in the rain" etc. etc. and then vic latino was like that is AVB and you can find it on his nw cd 76 out now in stores everywhere... sorry i had to share that with you (r22b.. not djmike)

good, then somebody who would of never heard of armin or bought the album otherwise, might pick it up and like it, get it to it, and realize what they have been missing, i think its a good thing:D

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

good, then somebody who would of never heard of armin or bought the album otherwise, might pick it up and like it, get it to it, and realize what they have been missing, i think its a good thing:D

I completely agree, I think the more people who get involved with dance music, the better. Commercializing is going to happen to any song out there that plays on the radio. If more people like the song, the more airtime it will get. I do agree that it can get annoying, but maybe if they consistently had many different "unknown" artist such as AVB on ktu, then you would hear many different songs, insted of the same ones over and over again. With more artists comming on ktu and more songs, people would stop wanting to hear the same ones over and over again, and would be excited to hear whats new, and comming out next. Ktu would then have a 60 song playlist insted 30 songs. Lets expand peoples music knoledge with all different types of dance music, not limit it. I love driving to the club listening to Ktu late night, maybe someone else will like it to if they played some of those tracks during the day.

P.S. I dont think AVB is really an unknown artist, except to the general public.

Originally posted by funnywill

I completely agree, I think the more people who get involved with dance music, the better. Commercializing is going to happen to any song out there that plays on the radio. If more people like the song, the more airtime it will get. I do agree that it can get annoying, but maybe if they consistently had many different "unknown" artist such as AVB on ktu, then you would hear many different songs, insted of the same ones over and over again. With more artists comming on ktu and more songs, people would stop wanting to hear the same ones over and over again, and would be excited to hear whats new, and comming out next. Ktu would then have a 60 song playlist insted 30 songs. Lets expand peoples music knoledge with all different types of dance music, not limit it. I love driving to the club listening to Ktu late night, maybe someone else will like it to if they played some of those tracks during the day.

P.S. I dont think AVB is really an unknown artist, except to the general public.

:clap:

yea but the point is that radio stations pick their favorites... they pick whats most requested and just play it 4x an hour.... yea it is great to expand peoples musical knowledge instead of limiting it etc etc but the fact of the matter is.. radio stations suck. they dont play sets during the day. only at night because most people wouldnt listen to it i feel... otherwise theyd play the shit during the day... the worst is to hear a song that uve loved to hear in the club thats just come out on ktu- being played in between a song by ja rule and then a song by lasgo. it just kills it IMO.

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

i agree.. but thats not the point.. the point is that we're being selfish here :D and we want it all to ourselves when we go out.. lol

yeah when i am at a club and dancing like a retard. If i hear a song that i know and like, i get a bit more energenic with my dancing.

I would still want the general public ppl to think i am a freak for dancing the way i do. I dont really want them to understand why.

This type of music, isnt really for the ppl that cant understand the music.

If that makes any sense to anyone else here, please dont let me be alone here. :D

billy

Originally posted by linabina

i agree.. but thats not the point.. the point is that we're being selfish here :D and we want it all to ourselves when we go out.. lol

i hear ya, i wouldn't want some of my fav songs getting played out and played over &over again,

i just think it would be a postive thing to have eltronic dance music more known, expand the scene i guess:D

Originally posted by rs22b

yeah when i am at a club and dancing like a retard. If i hear a song that i know and like, i get a bit more energenic with my dancing.

I would still want the general public ppl to think i am a freak for dancing the way i do. I dont really want them to understand why.

This type of music, isnt really for the ppl that cant understand the music.

If that makes any sense to anyone else here, please dont let me be alone here. :D

billy

i think a lot of ppl feel the same way, u can tell when u watch a crowd go nuts when a cretain dj drops that certain track, but for the most part, if somebody doesn't "feel " or ":understand" the music i guess then they don't go out to clubs or what not