Clubplanet Nightlife Community

picotto at avalon on jan 31???

AVALAND SATURDAYS – January 31st

MAURO PICOTTO

CHRISTIAN SMITH

“TRONIC TREATMENT VS. MEGANITEâ€

Techno DJs and fans seem to be finding their groove at Avalon creating one of the best venues for techno in NYC with its superior Avalon EAW Sound system and gothic ambiance. MAURO PICOTTO returns to Gotham to bring his signature hard tech-style to his Avalon NY debut. This Italian DJ-cum-producer AKA the Lizardman (known for his penchant for Iguanas) is highly regarded for his now-classic production work including tracks such as ‘Iguana’, ‘Komodo’ and ‘Lizard’. Joining him is Tronic Treatment stalwart and Tronic head label man CHRISTIAN SMITH who will fire up the night with funky house and tribal techno.

AVALON

662 Sixth Avenue @ 20th Street

Doors at 10pm

$25 general admission

$15 reduced list before 12am / $20 until 2am

ClubPlanet guestlist

Mauro Picotto's style has often been referred to as TECH-TRANCE. He seems to be one of the few DJs that can appeal to both the techno & trance fans. That's quite a feat!

Also, Christian Smith who is also playing, has a "funky house & tribal techno" style.

Originally posted by sobecrobar Is Picotto Progressive HOUSE?

Dark Beat House or Tribal?

Originally posted by sobecrobar

Never seen him/heard this guy before.

Does anyone HAVE COMPS?

Is 2am good time to Arrive to the Spider Room?

2am is toooo late....I suggest you get there like 12....becuz the line outside will be huge and you dont wanna wait in the cold for an hour.... :eek:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

2am is toooo late....I suggest you get there like 12....becuz the line outside will be huge and you dont wanna wait in the cold for an hour.... :eek:

Thank you.

I though the line was gonna be LONG from 11pm - 1:30am

Still Little bit of LINE at 2:30am

So just get there at 3am UNTIL 6am.

no?

Originally posted by sobecrobar

Thank you.

I though the line was gonna be LONG from 11pm - 1:30am

Still Little bit of LINE at 2:30am

So just get there at 3am UNTIL 6am.

no?

you can do that....but Im not sure when picotto is going on....you wouldnt want to miss any of his set ;) plus its gonna be $30 after 1:30 :eek:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

you can do that....but Im not sure when picotto is going on....you wouldnt want to miss any of his set ;) plus its gonna be $30 after 1:30 :eek:

this is one of those things I could NEVER understand about clubs... you coming late, the club got most of its money for the night already, there is only a few hours left of the show and yet they charge you more than the peeps that come at midnight.