Clubplanet Nightlife Community

From Florida ... visiting in March ... need help!

Hello,

I'm visiting New York City in March ... I'll be going out with two other friends on a Saturday ... I'm looking for a cool gay club ... I've done some research, and I've read about many clubs "allowing" certain people into the clubs ... I've never experienced this here in Florida, so I'm wondering what that is all about ... I would like to go to a big dance club, but I prefer it to be more casual ... Please respond with club web sites if you know of them.

Thanks,

Toby

Saturdays are always gay at Roxy. Rauhofer does his thang once a month, but the DJ changes. Roxy is on 18th street between 10th and 11th avenues. Doors usually open at 11. Open bar before 12. You should also check out XL on 16th street between 9th and 10th avenues. Great ambience, good music, awesome drinks, hot bartenders and waiters. It's a small lounge, no cover, worth checking out. Then there's always Splash. I've only been there a couple of times, but the Chelsea boys love it. Not sure of the address. Pick up an HX or Next magazine when you get here. It will list everything going on for the week. They are free and can usually be found in stores, bars, and restaurants in Chelsea.

Thanks for the info ... I've read about Roxy, XL, and Crobar ... How hard is it to find some "sugar" at these places??? ... I can't bring anything due to arriving by plane.

How is the door policy at these places? Are only certain people let in? I'm consfused by that.

Thanks

Toby

Depending on when exactly you'll be here in NY, you can always hit Victor Calderone's party at Crobar. He usually has a guest DJ open up for him on the Saturday then hits the decks himself 4am Sunday. Come March, he should be spinning on the 6th and 20th.

You can always check his website: www.victorcalderone.com and Crobar's: www.crobar.com

I know I'll be there in full effect! :D

Oh yea, as for door policy, it's actually quite difficult making it into Crobar unless you've made a list. You can chat with Fernando and if he's in the mood, you'll go right in. They do search you, pretty thoroughly too might I add. They'll open your pockets and pat you down.

Originally posted by rocklit

Thanks for the info ... I've read about Roxy, XL, and Crobar ... How hard is it to find some "sugar" at these places??? ... I can't bring anything due to arriving by plane.

How is the door policy at these places? Are only certain people let in? I'm consfused by that.

Thanks

Toby

are you refering to narcotics?