Morillo....

Guest saleen351

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by koky

imo if u are really meant to be a dj .. u will know how to work a crowd even on your 1st time out ... i dont think it really takes too much to learn if u are meant to do it .. :D i dont really think eric will have a problem :cool: :cool:

:aright:

Originally posted by saleen351

how long have you been clubbing?

4-5 years

You are a bedroom dj and have no idea how to work a crowd and understand the fundementals of it.

Thanks for bringing that up. Yes I am bedroom DJ. Just about everyone starts off the same way. So far, I've done a few gigs and have received good vibes and response to the sets. Just because you don't like what I play doesn't make it bad or I don't know what I am doing. And we all know what you are.......fill in the blank :rolleyes:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

4-5 years

Thanks for bringing that up. Yes I am bedroom DJ. Just about everyone starts off the same way. So far, I've done a few gigs and have received good vibes and response to the sets. Just because you don't like what I play doesn't make it bad or I don't know what I am doing. And we all know what you are.......fill in the blank :rolleyes:

i may not like what you play, just like edgar, but edgar knows how to work a crowd. You think it's easy to rock a room like space? what em did last night takes 10 years to learn how to do...

oscar has been doing it for how long? since 91 or some shit like that...

good luck, but just remember, you could learn a thing or two from djs like em that know the right way..:idea:

i may not like what you play, just like edgar, but edgar knows how to work a crowd. You think it's easy to rock a room like space? what em did last night takes 10 years to learn how to do...

oscar has been doing it for how long? since 91 or some shit like that...

good luck, but just remember, you could learn a thing or two from djs like em that know the right way..:idea:

No, it's not easy to rock the room at Space. I'm not retarded. I don't think I am God and can control any room I want. Experience ALWAYS helps out, this I know. Those who know me well know I would never want to jump in the spot light until I know I am confident I can do it. Right now, I firmly believe I can do it in due time. With more experience and time, it will only make me better. Same goes with any other DJ out there wishing to do the same. Some people have told me I have the potential. And who better than the PEOPLE tell you that you got the stuff. :)

No, it's not easy to rock the room at Space. I'm not retarded. I don't think I am God and can control any room I want. Experience ALWAYS helps out, this I know. Those who know me well know I would never want to jump in the spot light until I know I am confident I can do it. Right now, I firmly believe I can do it in due time. With more experience and time, it will only make me better. Same goes with any other DJ out there wishing to do the same. Some people have told me I have the potential. And who better than the PEOPLE tell you that you got the stuff. :)

:D:aright:

:aright: :aright: :aright: :aright:

WOOOOW, what a great night. First time seeing morillo and he amazed me. I expepted a lil different set but I was blown away w/ what I heard........ other track of the night besides the ones listed............ FREAK, i'll never get sick of that track. BTW who does "everybody wants to be somebody" I havent heard that in a long time.

Anyways EM set last night was one of the top 3 Ive ever heard at Space. He would make one hell of a quarterly resident.

Wish I could of heard more on the patio but it was to damn cold.

music is dymanic and never stays the same. Genres get burned out and house always remains the constant...

i'll email you the jr links later, i have to see if the new ones are up, they changed every few weeks..

damnz send me it too. u all want to convert me to house dont u lol

like jr's shit as well :)

Got to Space about 730am....and Morillo OWNED that patio. Last time he was here I was BORED TO TEARS with his patio set...this time I couldnt stand still!!!! What a great morn/afternoon. Hit up I/O afterward for some Matt Spector and Nelson Diaz....much love!!!

BTW...Matt, we are now in agreement after 5 shots of Patron today I have decided that I like it...as long as its chilled. ;)

Good seeing everyone and my sister said to tell you all she had a blast!!! :D

Originally posted by CrzyC

Got to Space about 730am....and Morillo OWNED that patio. Last time he was here I was BORED TO TEARS with his patio set...this time I couldnt stand still!!!! What a great morn/afternoon. Hit up I/O afterward for some Matt Spector and Nelson Diaz....much love!!!

BTW...Matt, we are now in agreement after 5 shots of Patron today I have decided that I like it...as long as its chilled. ;)

Good seeing everyone and my sister said to tell you all she had a blast!!! :D

5 shots holy shit :eek: so u had 3 more after i left????????? u hardcore mama u

I thought Morillo was attachment.php?postid=2000481

First time seeing Eric Morillo spin and the dude has mad skills.Played alot of freaking great tracks twisted,eveybody be somebody,motherfucker etc.... bad ass and seeing the way he works the decks its just amazing, the guy has fun and enjoys what hes doing,shyt i would be too. The only thing I didnt enjoy is like what my bro and Eric mentioned, the ups and downs. I understand DJs do that but I rather have em do it a bit then keep it at a constant level at some point.I was dancing my ass off then all of the sudden just slowed back up again.......and @ times alot of his shyt sounded the same after awhile. Im not hating on him like I said hes a bad ass but I wouldnt say hes the "best" house dj out there.Eh what would I know im a trancehead :cool:

As for the night @ SPACE,it was great after being abscent for over then 5 months or so it was nice being back and seeing familiar friendly faces.Even though I thought the music was "aight" there was a great vibe in there ,everyone was having a great time enjoying themselves (so was I). TY Tony/Biz for the hook up much appreciate it, nice meeting house-kitty, aswell AVENUE33,good seeing Biz,Roland missed your sets but ill be back next week fo sho,trouble,bling,drunk ass chaflas,melli,matas,Dj Bruno, etc......I'll go back to see Morillo again no biggie,like to see him on the patio maybe next time. :cool:

About the ups and down thing, I thought morillo handled that perfectly last night. Most of the best house djs I have seen usually do that as well as djs like sasha. The thing about constant high energy songs one after the other is you will get tired as hell earlier on the night, at least thats the case with me. With the ups and down you get the chance to dance your ass off, cool down get a drink, and come back dancing your ass off again. And even the downs in morillo's set were great tracks just not tracks that will drive the crowd nuts.

Originally posted by livin42nite

About the ups and down thing, I thought morillo handled that perfectly last night. Most of the best house djs I have seen usually do that as well as djs like sasha. The thing about constant high energy songs one after the other is you will get tired as hell earlier on the night, at least thats the case with me. With the ups and down you get the chance to dance your ass off, cool down get a drink, and come back dancing your ass off again. And even the downs in morillo's set were great tracks just not tracks that will drive the crowd nuts.

I agree with you alot of it sounded good at times but thats if you tired like you mentioned, not in my case that I was getting into it and dance then all of the sudden he slows it down. :confused:I had fun though....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by livin42nite

great post....