Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar and Calderone REVIEW

alright guys...just wanted to get this started.

Just walked in, Victor closed at 1230...i am still a little "cloudy" right now, so i will post more after...

but i do have to say....F'ING AMAZING!!!!!!!! i love it there!!! EVERYTHING IS DONE RIGHT, imo.....vibe was incredible, and much more of a "MIXED" crowd...WELL DOWN!!!

oh, yeah...and the music was pretty good too!! :tongue:

:D

:eek: Oh my God. Crobar was seriously just great. I really don't think there is a better club in the U.S. right now. Angel Morales played great. Victor Calderone is awesome. I couldn't believe how good he is.

To be honest, even if JP did come back to Factory, I'm not sure SF afterhours would be a match for Crobar's. Maybe during the first few weeks, but after the luster of Jonathan's return wore off... I'm not sure.

he played more housey and tribal...no vocals, which though i could careless, kind of surprised b/c i feel like victor is known for vocals, here and there.

anyhow, he kept it nice and consistent all night long...everyonce in a while he would turn it up...THE WHOLE PLACE IS JUST AN AMAZING TIME!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NYCclub15

he played more housey and tribal...no vocals, which though i could careless, kind of surprised b/c i feel like victor is known for vocals, here and there.

anyhow, he kept it nice and consistent all night long...everyonce in a while he would turn it up...THE WHOLE PLACE IS JUST AN AMAZING TIME!!!!!!!!!

PS

Next stop...DEEP DISH, FEB 6TH!!!!!!!!

Oh my WORD! Victor is simply UNBELIEVABLE!

My friend and I arrived a little after 5. We walked right in after speaking with Fernando. Strolled in, saw some peeps LEAVING (cuz they apparantly can't live the rocktah life) and then, we waited on coat check for nearly ONE HOUR. That was the only truly terrible aspect about Crobar.

The music was off the hook. Vic was KILLING me with all the track teases. I got so excited to think we'd here this track or that and then he'd mix back out. All in all, Victor did NOT disappoint. Without a doubt I would have stayed until closing but my friends were exhausted.

This was a treat --- NY OFFICIALLY has their super club back! NOTHING is even CLOSE to what this place is!

Can't wait till the next Vic -- although this time, no stilletos, sneakers only!

Originally posted by misskittie

Oh my WORD! Victor is simply UNBELIEVABLE!

My friend and I arrived a little after 5. We walked right in after speaking with Fernando. Strolled in, saw some peeps LEAVING (cuz they apparantly can't live the rocktah life) and then, we waited on coat check for nearly ONE HOUR. That was the only truly terrible aspect about Crobar.

The music was off the hook. Vic was KILLING me with all the track teases. I got so excited to think we'd here this track or that and then he'd mix back out. All in all, Victor did NOT disappoint. Without a doubt I would have stayed until closing but my friends were exhausted.

This was a treat --- NY OFFICIALLY has their super club back! NOTHING is even CLOSE to what this place is!

Can't wait till the next Vic -- although this time, no stilletos, sneakers only!

HOLY SHIT..if my brain was actually functioning yet...MISS KITTE, I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fernando is this best, always a gentleman....

and omg, the track teases...i really thought he was going to close w/ something he was teasing us w/ all night..actually that was my only disappointment. he did a half hour encore and thought he was going to slam us w/ something he "setting" us up for all night, but no dice...all well

the only thing...yes coat check was a disaster, but i actually was there for like 15 mins...i came a litte earlier too...like 430, maybe that made a big difference.

NYCclub15, you going to the next Vic-Extravanga? I have word that it's going to be even MORE amazing than this one.

I'm gonna head in with a few ladies if you're interested in meetin' up. It was sooooo good, I can't even begin to think of what he's going to be like when I have sneakers on to get my groove going!!!! :D

I'm still giddy!

NYCclub15, you going to the next Vic-Extravanga? I have word that it's going to be even MORE amazing than this one.

I'm gonna head in with a few ladies if you're interested in meetin' up. It was sooooo good, I can't even begin to think of what he's going to be like when I have sneakers on to get my groove going!!!! :D

I'm still giddy!

hehe...giddy, that is how i would describe it!!!! however, i am starting to feel the effects this morning...i just want to get thru work, get to the gym and sleep! ugh, that seems so far away!

MISSKITTE!!!!! WE ;) are there...def down for that...good call

oh boy, no kicks, huh...lemme tell you, i have to be in a certain mood to dance..and SATURDAY I WAS! holy cow, vic kept me movin all night/day long!!!! looking forward to doing it again ;)

lol it's a Calderone party - what do u expect?

a lotta hott, sexy gay men prancing around to some hott, tribal beats!

:ahem: there were a few sexy, straight guys prancing around there missy! ;)

sorry couldn't help it...i take it as a compliment when the chelsea boys check me out :laugh:

Originally posted by msoprano13

i see a lot of meat heads with their shirts off....

not quite meatheads there....

plus the place had a great vibe and energy to it-- and i didnt get knocked into or pushed once without someone saying "my bad" or "sorry"....i look for things like that-- i really enjoyed myself

Originally posted by NYCclub15

:ahem: there were a few sexy, straight guys prancing around there missy! ;)

LOL There were quite a few deliciously scrumptious straight men there but I was so toasted, I couldn't strike up a conversation!

*btw, since when do straight men, "prance"?* :tongue:

Next Vic party is the 7th with the following on the 21st. From what I'm hearing already, I'll be there the 21st with fuckin' bells on!