Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oral Fixation Mints

jess20k

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is it just me, or does this whole question about the logo seem contrived?

A good point. Some promo spam disguised as a real post, are you suggesting?

I think it's a tongue with two mints on it, personally. And I don't really "get" the website, either.

A good point. Some promo spam disguised as a real post, are you suggesting?

I think it's a tongue with two mints on it, personally. And I don't really "get" the website, either.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. I mean, who is really so fascinated by mints that they're motivated enough to post questions on the internet about the meaning of the logo? I think that the post was probably made by someone affiliated with the company jsut to get the company's name out there and drum up curiosity so that people go check out the website.

On a totally unrelated point, I find it quite hypocritical that the company makes a flavor called "Sugar Free Tibet" and claims to support the Tibetan cause, and yet manufactures its product in China.

• 5 months later...
Yep, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. I mean, who is really so fascinated by mints that they're motivated enough to post questions on the internet about the meaning of the logo? I think that the post was probably made by someone affiliated with the company jsut to get the company's name out there and drum up curiosity so that people go check out the website.

On a totally unrelated point, I find it quite hypocritical that the company makes a flavor called "Sugar Free Tibet" and claims to support the Tibetan cause, and yet manufactures its product in China.

1) I AM somehow affiliated to the company, as an employee of an overseas distributor, so read my message aware that I am not totally objective.

2) I don't really agree someone would be posting the question just to get attention. I mean, what's wrong with asking a simple question ? Would you mind if someone asked what the Adidas logo means ? And let's say it was: what's wrong about that ? When did the Internet become a content-controlled environment ? I always thought the US was a free country, and that you could talk freely without being flamed for no reason at all.

3) The product is manufactured in the US, not in China. There's just a few ingredients which are imported. On the other hand, the name of the Sugar Free Tibet variety doesn't imply that China is the bad guy in the border conflict, or that the company supports the Tibetan cause. It only means that:

a- It sounds better to call it "Free Tibet" than "Free China", which would surely sound as a political/anti-comunist claim.

b- 5% of sales of this variety are donated to a Foundation that seeks a peaceful resolution to the border conflict. Peaceful means for both parties, Tibet AND China. They're not used to buy weapons for Tibet.

Either way, it's not the company's standpoint, but just MY personal interpretation of the issue. Flames are not welcome, but expected.

• 2 weeks later...