Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumi

laliux

I like the place but the DJ must be on crack or something. I'll tell you 3 tracks he played in 30 minutes: Bob Marley - "Could you be loved", DMX - "Up in here" and Bacilos - "Caraluna".

Lots of females though...that can usually make it up for the music. :D

these so called dj's can neither mix nor scratch and everything they play is major label, FM radio tracks that everyone has already heard a million times already, and at Rumi you can't even see the dj, they could just set up a PC with Winamp on shuffle mode and save some money

Originally posted by laliux

I like the place but the DJ must be on crack or something. I'll tell you 3 tracks he played in 30 minutes: Bob Marley - "Could you be loved", DMX - "Up in here" and Bacilos - "Caraluna".

Lots of females though...that can usually make it up for the music. :D

Try grass instead then, went there friday night and music was surprisingly pretty good.

Grass is a joke...instead of doing something different, they export the South Beach ethos, and lead the way for more mind-numbing venues rather than something original.

As for a DJ at Rumi, yeah, a laptop with Winamp on shuffle would work just as well. Or keep the bourgeios happy with a little touchscreen so they can cue up their own tracks.

how about just getting a jukebox, with remote controls at each table, just like Johnny Rockets! what a concept.... :laugh:

Rumi is actually a lot cooler than Grass, at least they'll let you in if you look cool in sneakers and jeans, there it's about having good taste rather than a rigidly specific suburban dress code..

Originally posted by pod

Grass is a joke...instead of doing something different, they export the South Beach ethos, and lead the way for more mind-numbing venues rather than something original.

As for a DJ at Rumi, yeah, a laptop with Winamp on shuffle would work just as well. Or keep the bourgeios happy with a little touchscreen so they can cue up their own tracks.

:laugh: Funny stuff with the rumi comments.

Grass is well you know like mynt and skybar type attitude and etc. What I was saying is since every once in a while I gotta go to one of those type of clubs cause of others, the one I prefer of them is grass. The music there was pretty good friday night and I had a good time. Good house music all night with a couple of oldies thrown in there that I had not heard in a bit like "so much love to give" and a few others. Again nothing in comparison to my fav djs in miami, but it was not bad at all.

Originally posted by eKiTeL

these so called dj's can neither mix nor scratch and everything they play is major label, FM radio tracks that everyone has already heard a million times already, and at Rumi you can't even see the dj, they could just set up a PC with Winamp on shuffle mode and save some money

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by southof5th

yeah but the women at Rumi are unbelievable...

I wouldn't say unbelievable....just well above average..still lots of good eyecandy.

I also agree with Pod about putting a PC with Winamp. I think that would do a better job.