Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubplanet.com House Trainer - 2nd Article

DaVe

trainer.jpg

Hello,

Since Thanksgiving, we've had numerous calls and emails from members asking for weight loss tips, so we thought it would make sense to address the issue this way...

Much as the problem for the alcoholic is not to stop drinking, but to stay stopped, the problematic nature of permanent weight loss is that it must be conditioned by more than traditional diets like Atkins (that is, low carbs, high protein...a dangerous option, given both the loss of energy and the impact of excess protein on the liver and kidneys) or the many mutations it has spawned.

Permanent weight loss is a paradigm shift. If it is to be enduring, it results in a different way of thinking, feeling, and, most significantly, inhabiting your body. Permanent weight loss is achieved only through the interplay of other components of "wellness" that are concurrent with a hard LOOK at the qualitative base of caloric intake. To try to have anyone change their diet tomorrow morning isn't going to happen.

Getting "in shape," "wellness," lasting weight loss - the real changes that have cosmetic manifestations - are the result of profound physiological changes in the cardio-vascular, respiratory, skeletal, muscular, and metabolic systems that are, in turn, a function of subjecting each system to the physiological notion of "work" - requiring them, singularly or in unison, to perform for a duration and at an intensity to which they are not now acclimated.

To summarize, if your goal is permanent weight loss (WITHOUT looking like something that came out of the elephant's graveyard), 4 components have to be addressed simultaneously: a look at the qualitative base of caloric intake, an aerobic foundation, strength training with particular emphasis on lower, upper, and oblique abdominal muscles, and the introduction of non-static stretching.

So...if this makes sense to you and you would like more information, email me.

Regards,

Cody

Feel free to email Cody with questions or to set up training.

cody@clubplanet.com

• 2 months later...

Listen bro, Maybe you should try to put this in laymans terms. Im sure that the girls who just decided to start working out have no clue what the fuck your talking about. Plus you really didnt give much advice. The only tip you gave is to look at caloric intake. Most people dont know how to diet correctly to lose weight. Come on now.. Everyone isnt PT certified here ya know??

• 7 months later...

To loose weight, you need to not only do a balanced diet, but you also need to excercise both from Aerobic and Weight/Strength training. In other words, you need a balanced diet that puts enough calories in your body and in the same time, you need to exercise (Aerobics and Strength Training) to burn the excess fat, and build muscles which weigh less than fat and so you loose overall weight.

Hope that helps.

To loose weight, you need to not only do a balanced diet, but you also need to excercise both from Aerobic and Weight/Strength training. In other words, you need a balanced diet that puts enough calories in your body and in the same time, you need to exercise (Aerobics and Strength Training) to burn the excess fat, and build muscles which weigh less than fat and so you loose overall weight.

Hope that helps.

So if I understand you correctly, a person should eat enough calories to gain muscle weight, and at the same time burn enough calories to lose fat weight?

Also, can you explain what you mean when you say muscles weigh less than fat?

One more question: is it possible to lose weight without exercising?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
So if I understand you correctly, a person should eat enough calories to gain muscle weight, and at the same time burn enough calories to lose fat weight?

Also, can you explain what you mean when you say muscles weigh less than fat?

One more question: is it possible to lose weight without exercising?

starve the fat feed the muscle. and yes you can lose weight without excercising but why would you want to do that? youd look like a deflated balloon... imagine a pillow, take out half the stuffing what do you have? a baggy pillow case with lil stuffing, you want to look like that~!? you dont have to have a crazy regimen or doing massive weight training but healthy diet, and daily multi-vitamin coupled with cardio and minimal weight training will see better results IMO then just dietting alone... hence why so many ppl diet on and off because they never see results or do it for a month then binge and give up or whatever the fuck else... its not like a broken leg you fix it and thats it, its a lifestyle change and you have to implement healthy food, and activities in order to sustain the figure/image/health you desire...

as for your other question:

1 cubic inch muscle weighs more than 1 cubic inch fat. Fat tissue is approximately 20% less dense than muscle, so it takes up 20% more space. Muscle burns 19 times more calories than fat. So a pound of muscle takes less space and burns more calories then a pound of fat. fat cell cytoplasm contains mostly oils (lipids), whereas muscle cell cytoplasm contains mostly contractile proteins (myosin and actin) suspended in an aqueous (watery) environment. Lipids in general are less dense than water. You can prove this by mixing salad oil with water in a bottle and shaking it. Eventually, the oil will separate from the water and float to the top to form a lighter layer floating on top of the water. This lowered density of lipids make fatty tissue less heavy than muscle.

• 5 months later...

i guess that should explain why i weigh about the same even though i'm doing cardio and weight training.....i'm not weighing that much less....although i am starting to tone.

but what if i want to become a little lighter and still tone?

• 2 months later...
whats the fastest way to get rid of love handles :vomit2:

You have to just lose weight. You can't spot remove areas of fat you don't like, unless you get it lipoed out. So just eat well and burn off more than you eat to lose weight.

i guess that should explain why i weigh about the same even though i'm doing cardio and weight training.....i'm not weighing that much less....although i am starting to tone.

but what if i want to become a little lighter and still tone?

Then you have to go on a stricter diet and do more cardio to burn more fat. One of my favorite workouts is jumping with a heavy rope. Not only does it burn calories very well, but it raises your endurance like crazy and tones your overall body, especially your arms, very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...