Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Story Behind Last Friday

LAST FRIDAY..THE 23RD, THE VUDU LOUNGE WAS SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH AN ALL TRANCE NIGHT PUT TOGETHER BY A TEAM CALLED ADDICTED. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT..THE OWNERS PULLED A FAST ONE ON THE TEAM AND THREW THEM OFF AND PUT A 20 MIN HIP HOP SET ON...SO MANY PEOPLE LEFT..AFTER THAT..AROUND 1 AM TRANCE BEGAN AND PEOPLE STARTED DANCING AND BUGGING OUT(THE ONES WHO STAYED)..ABOUT 350 PEOPLE(THE VENUE HOLDS 250 SO IT WAS PACKED)....ALOT OF PROBLEMS HAPPENED BETWEEN SKOOF AND THE OWNERS. AFTER 2 DAYS OF NEGOTIATING...THE CLUB MADE AN OFFER.....HIP HOP TILL 1..AND HOUSE AND TRANCE ALL NIGHT AFTER(KINDA LIKE AN AFTER HORUS PARTY).....AS OF NOW DJ/PRODUCER SKOOF IS CONTINUING WITH IT..IN HOPE OF HAVING HIS PEOPLE PACK THE CLUB AND HAVE SOMEWHER TO GO FOR A WEEKLY TRANCE PARTY..SOMEWHER ETO DANCE AND BUG OUT. IN MY OPINION..HE IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT PLACE..HE TORE UP THE PLACE WITH HIS SET..AND SHOULD NOT B WASTIN HIS TIME THERE(MAYBE THE MONEY IS GOOD)..BUT JUST TO FIL PEOPLE IN..THAT I TOO WAS AMONG THEPEOPLE IN THE CROWD WHO WAS FRIOUS WHEN HIP HOP WAS ON EARLIER IN TEH NIGHT...BUT NOW ITS OFFICIAL..THE NIGHT STARTS OFF WITH HIP HOP TO PLEASE THE YUPPIE UPTOWN LOSERS...AND THEN AFTER 1..ITS ALL TRANCE FOR THE TRUE....I HOPE EVERYONE ATTENDS AS I WILL...BECUASE I BEELIVE WE HAVE TO WORK HARD TO KEEP THE SCENE ALIVE...AND ITS ALL WHAT WE MAKE OF IT..SO IF WE ALL ATTEND..AND BUG OUT AND DANCE...WE CAN MAKE THIS ONE OF NYC BEST PLACE FOR TRANCE MUSIC..AS PROMISED WHEN IT WAS PROMOTED OVER 2 MONTHS AGO....MUCH LOVE, MIKE. WWW.RAVECLICK.COM

Originally posted by brandie

thank god you wrote it in all caps to make sure we knew you really meant it . . . lol

lol...:laugh:

Maybe he shoulda spell-checked it too...just teasing!

Thanks for giving us the lowdown. I wonder if people were actually dancing to the hiphop stuff?

Unfortunatly as soon as the hip-hop crap came on ppl ran to the floor. "Like OMG its my song" shit.

Anyways i dont think i will be able to make it out for this friday but definitly let us know how it goes this week.

Maybe i can show up next week again.

billy

the management at vudu lounge and my team had their issues..and last week was definitly an interesting experience...lol..but as for the party..to clear all rumors..it will continue...we came to an understanding....so friday nights..for trance afterhours...dancing..drinkign and all that fun stuff...everyone is more than welcome to check it out. i think we have a great party on our hands..and new york definitly needs this, so lets keep this babyyy going. Thank you for all those who support this.

Also, i think nurse glow will b posting some of Skoof's live sets and tracks on raveclick.com , so feel free to download and see if this event is something that interests you. Once again, Thank you all and much love.

vudu.jpg