Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro/ARC news

Drunk

Fly Life

by Tricia Romano

Party Politics

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0404/flylife.php

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I hear that Centro-fly has been sold to the owners of Miami's swanky, fabulous Bed. The club will remain in its current form until March, I'm told, and then the South Beach nightspot owners take over, presumably remaking it in Bed's own very lounge-y, very glammy, very bottle-service-y image. Not fantastic news for those of us who don't want to shell out $300 for a bottle of vodka that goes for $25 at the corner store. However, I did see Richie Hawtin spin at Bed during the Winter Music Conference last year, so perhaps your financial pain will be eased by good music. At the very least, if the music sucks you can take a nap on one of the many, erm, beds. C-fly co-owners Tom Sisk and David Baxley could not be reached for comment, but Candice Ferreira of Bed nicely replied to my queries. "Dear Tricia, We have no official comments yet for the press regarding BED NY. Keep in touch within the next few months or check out our website calendar of events page for future details." Will do, Candice! Contrary to popular belief, club people can be so helpful.

Also on the chopping block is Arc, née Vinyl, which we hear has been sold and is to be remade into an actual money-making venture—luxury apartments. On Sinvin Realty's website, it says that 6 Hubert Street is "in contract," and the agency's director of commercial realty, Jeremy Markoe, confirmed that there is an "accepted offer," and expected the deal—which "well exceeded" $18 million—to close "by the end of the month." He also added that the building would be "residentially converted," which means no more Arc. When contacted, however, Arc's main man, Mike Bindra, denied that the club or the building it is a part of has been sold, saying, "It is not true. The building is on the market, [and] has been on the market for quite some time, but has not been sold. Should the status of the building change, I will certainly let you know." Thanks, Mike! (See, I told you club people were helpful.) Bindra also added that the club has events booked through April, and says, "Over the years there have been numerous potential deals on the building with many expected contract/deal dates that have come and gone . . . still no sale."

We also heard that Spirit shut down for the month of January because it wasn't doing so hot, and that they decided to scrap the whole spiritual shebang. However, the club's publicist, Maggie Stein, (she really is helpful) said that the Body/Mind/Soul concept will still be intact, but that they are regrouping and relaunching at the end of the month with Cornelis Craane, formerly of Expo, helping out. The reopening is slated for February 7, and starting late February, Ms. Maggie says that the club/spa/restaurant will be open on Friday nights as well. After all this craziness, I might need to get a massage

:eek:

W0W

ok

didn't spirit just open up?? i was kinda lookin forward to checkin it out, was gonna go when i had a chancec:(

i heard arc was sold, but its not turning into apt

its just changing owners

why the fuck can't i get the full story:(

i miss the old centro fly:(

but club bed is fuckin great, well at least the miami one:eek:

i saw deep dish there last year, fuckin amazing

they have like this huge bed in the middle of the club ( i was soo fucki ed up i statred jumping up and down on it :laugh: )

and they have beds type "lairs" against the wall with drapes and all;)

was kinda tiny though

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

but club bed is fuckin great, well at least the miami one:eek:

yea - club bed in miami is awesome - it will be interesting to see how they use the centro fly space here...

but it really sucks that arc will close down...:(

-- cant imagine myself not going to a DT party atleast once a month...

I second that. But from what I hear is that DT will be moving from club to club. But don't quote me. Maybe he can do SF Fridays?

Originally posted by ijiveu

but it really sucks that arc will close down...:(

-- cant imagine myself not going to a DT party atleast once a month...