Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When is Ft.Lauderdale or WPB Going To get a Superclub!

lotto

what if i told you guys that a 7,000 sq ft. facility divided into two rooms with martin sound and lighting, with owners who's main focus is gonna be the music (house in one room and hip hop in the other)are gonna bring in headliners once a month and they got the endz(**) to do it... oh and in between a martini bar guarded by sound proof walls on either side with its own system or can be fed from either room. In downtown WPB, what are everyones thoughts on that...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

what if i told you guys that a 7,000 sq ft. facility divided into two rooms with martin sound and lighting, with owners who's main focus is gonna be the music (house in one room and hip hop in the other)are gonna bring in headliners once a month and they got the endz(**) to do it... oh and in between a martini bar guarded by sound proof walls on either side with its own system or can be fed from either room. In downtown WPB, what are everyones thoughts on that...

Only house n hip hop ? No trance , techno ?

And where in WPB will it be located ?

:)

Originally posted by rudeboywarrior

prob. will take alot of promoting and a good while before it can take off !, names, as we have seen with crobar, Space and Nerve, don't necessarily bring in the crowds in So. FL (plus the only names that can pack it here are Tiesto, paul Van Dyk, Danny T., Steve Lawler Eric Morillo. )

Originally posted by pod

7,000 sq ft isn't a superclub. It's mid-range.

15,000+ is superclub range.

right thats why i didn't say superclub but you gotta admit its big for WPB and the fact that i have been offered total autonomy over my music in writing speaks volumes for the owners understanding of artistic expression....

Fort Lauderdale is just mostly a bar town, voodoo sucks the vibe is boring, the DJ booth is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY up to high, West Palm, well clemantis or however u spell isnt soo bad but Fort Lauderdale is mostly a bar town, Miami and South Beach is where its at!!!

Damon 2.0

Guest brwneydtrouble

What Matt is referring to is unprecedented in Palm Beach County. This area has been waiting for something like this to come to town and make people aware of this music. There are a couple little clubs here and there that offer lukewarm music, but nothing of the caliber of what is planned. Instead of dividing the already too small crowd, I think that it will attract more people to this scene. The location is great, the equipment top notch, and the faith they have in their headliner gives me a lot of hope and confidence. Once this is open, there will be no competition other than Miami.

:dj:

I'm Originally from Orlando So I judge all the clubs in South Florida from the Orlando clubs. Now granted when I say S Fl. I mean Ft Laud, WPB, The Treasure Coast. As far as Miami is concerned It's always and will always be a different entity then any other city or town in South Florida

Based on that Miami is all good and well but I find it too damn expensive to even get into a club. I'd rather go to WPB or Ft Laud and spend less.

Not Knockin Miami but based on the prices Miami has, I would expect a Mega club or at least someone who I've not seen already (which is hard to do now).

I party in WPB I'm into the Loungy, House Clubs we have on Clematis like the Lounge and Elite's, etc etc.

I guess when you're past all the 5000 plus people on a street block party in Orlando or the Zen Raves, or even the commercial success of Ultra, you tend to go to the 200 to 500 person events and clubs where I find an intimate setting with a great local DJ or guest DJ from differnt parts of the United States come and have a wonderful time and bring a VIbe

In Orlando there's the Bank where the East Coast Boogiemen, Hipp-E & Halo (and this month) DJ Colette, have either been brought to play or will be playing soon, Thanx to the efforts of Soul Patch.

Firestone use to go off big time before the anti-rave shite happened.

and Icon still manages to bring in some good talent.

In WPB, Respectables is about to kick off once again with several different events starting late February

And Elite's is going off right now every Thursday night due to our weekly.

And as far as this new club aka The Resort, in WPB it's not on Clematis it will be in City Place and will benefit greatly with the Tourists that will be trapped in City Place. Gonna be a great venue and the promoters & owners have a good game plan, definitely somethin new and exciting!!

And coming in March we will be doing a nice Monthly at the Bull Dog Lounge in Ft Lauderdale. Granted it's definitely not a mega club or a medium size club. In Fact Ft Laud will most likely see Some Trance DJs from the UK, & some Nice HousE Music from Chicago in the March & April months!!! Stay Tuned!!

Either way shape or form WPB & Ft Laud has its scene just not enough to even think about a Super Club.

Peace,

Actually, the club, called Resort, is set to open at City Place in West Palm. It is owned by the Tsunami / NV Group based in the Hamptons and NYC. Promotions will be handled by Josh Sagman from the Hamptons, and Jean Marc of Palm Beach, who already is responsible for promotions at Tsunami, La Notte, Biba, Flow, and formerly Cream. Resort will be the sister club of the Tsunami Restaurant and Lounge, which opened at City Place a little over a year ago.

Click here for more info about Resort (NV)

Tsunami Restaurant & Lounge

Not for nothing, skytraveler, but only lazy people pay full price around here...so miami clubs being expensive isn't an excuse anymore! There's so many easy ways of getting into good clubs for free or reduced...websites, promoters on messageboards, flyers with free or reduced on them, certain record stores always have a pile of passes...so as far as Liquordale or West Palm Bitch being cheaper, yeah maybe, but you still get what you pay for. I have yet to see any club up in those areas come close to the overall quality of a Miami venue. I'd say a place like Sonar in Hollywood comes close, but they're just over the line so it's more of a border outpost of quality :cool: ...and they're doing something really different in the long run...but anyway, too expensive isn't really an excuse anymore, unless you're just into getting fall-down drunk. But if I want to get fall-down drunk, I hang at my place or at friends' places, since at least the music is still good, and I can fall down without an issue being made.

But you're right in one thing, that both places can't even think about a superclub at this time...the venue called resort is mid-range at best, plus it's located in a gentrified section of town, so it is probably more geared to be a lounge anyway.

The best part about having a club in the middle of an undesireable or industrial neighborhood is no one complains about the noise, at least no one with voting power.

well thanks for your assumption skytraveler but i know that i know which place i am speaking of since i am the one who will be playing there, and it is located on clematis and i know the owners of the club i am speaking of will stick to their guns and keep the music as a focused feature.... the sound, lighting, and booths will all be top notch as will the talent they bring in...

Whatever it may be... I'm there to support ya Matt. It's about time these club owners woke up and gave someone like Matt the musical wheel up there(here).

And Skytraveller... the "Loungey House thingy" is great, and people have been doing it forever, and I'm sure I can speak for a few people like Matt and LivewireBS and wish you much success at Bulldog Lounge! Very cozy little joint that has been playing host to some world-class house dj's for almost 2 years now INCLUDING East Coast Boogiemen, Lawnchair Generals, Greg Eversoul and a host of local Miami jocks as well! Best of luck!

And BEst of Luck Matt! What choo need from me, yooz got!

Glad to know there's another club coming to WPB.

Only knew about Resort. Good Luck on that I'm sure it'll be a good change.

BUT as far as Miami goes call me lazy or what not BUT I don't get to Miami unless it's WMC.

I've seen almost every Super Star DJ that I want to see. And If I've not seen them I either A) Don't care to see them ever, Or B) will book them for a party I'm throwing anyway!

Though I do miss the days of the Edge in Orlando and Ahzz & good ole Firestone :cool:

I love how a simple thread about the possibilities of a SuperClub in Lauderdale has become the official BASH Lauderdale thread.

FUCK YOU ALL!

I agree that the quality of the music is better in Miami. But there are a couple of spots (Bulldog & Karma) that have made great strides for this area for Lauderdale. I believe that in the very near future a club will open in Downtown Lauderdale that will be dedicated to quality House & Music (I can't give the name yet, but i've met the players). It will be a wonderful alternative to Miami. The truth is that most of you who post pretending that they have knowledge about Lauderdale MAYBE come out up here once a year. Well - SHUT UP. I fortotten more about both cities than you have known about Miami.

And - lets face it - MIAMI/SOBE SUCK ASS. First you have to walk by all the dirt bags hanging out on the street corners and then you see them yelling out of their cars at women. How rude and classless. In fact, I'd bet that the SCUMBAG per square footage in MIMAI/SOBE is 1 scumbag for every half foot. Then - there are the clubs. Even when Miami has a good thing - the stunards are way 2 dumb to recognize it (i.e. Maze). What's so hot right now? What is so special? Yea - OG and Roland are awesome - But Space sucks. Crobar - glorified lounge. Opium - Snobs-R-Us. Mansion - We'll just see what we'll see about that. Nerve - Has its good days (but not a superclub). Just tell me what is so fucken special about SoBe/Miami that gives you guys the right to piss on an emerging scene in Lauderdale (or WPB for that matter)?

On - and one more thing - LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH! This is America. My Dad, Uncle & Grandparents all came here not speaking a fucken word of English. Guess what? They learned. If you don't want to speak English - go back to the shithole you crawled out of.

Originally posted by guyman1966

I love how a simple thread about the possibilities of a SuperClub in Lauderdale has become the official BASH Lauderdale thread.

FUCK YOU ALL!

I agree that the quality of the music is better in Miami. But there are a couple of spots (Bulldog & Karma) that have made great strides for this area for Lauderdale. I believe that in the very near future a club will open in Downtown Lauderdale that will be dedicated to quality House & Music (I can't give the name yet, but i've met the players). It will be a wonderful alternative to Miami. The truth is that most of you who post pretending that they have knowledge about Lauderdale MAYBE come out up here once a year. Well - SHUT UP. I know more about both cities than you have forgotten about Miami.

And - lets face it - MIAMI/SOBE SUCK ASS. First you have to walk by all the dirt bags hanging out on the street corners and then you see them yelling out of their cars at women. How rude and classless. In fact, I'd bet that the SCUMBAG per square footage in MIMAI/SOBE is 1 scumbag for every half foot. Then - there are the clubs. Even when Miami has a good thing - the stunards are way 2 dumb to recognize it (i.e. Maze). What's so hot right now? What is so special? Yea - OG and Roland are awesome - But Space sucks. Crobar - glorified lounge. Opium - Snobs-R-Us. Mansion - We'll just see what we'll see about that. Nerve - Has its good days (but not a superclub). Just tell me what is so fucken special about SoBe/Miami that gives you guys the right to piss on an emerging scene in Lauderdale (or WPB for that matter)?

On - and one more thing - LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH! This is America. My Dad, Uncle & Grandparents all came here not speaking a fucken word of English. Guess what? They learned. If you don't want to speak English - go back to the shithole you crawled out of.

The guyman hath spoken.............

nicely put I might add.....

[

FUCK YOU ALL!

I agree that the quality of the music is better in Miami. But there are a couple of spots (Bulldog & Karma) that have made great strides for this area for Lauderdale. I believe that in the very near future a club will open in Downtown Lauderdale that will be dedicated to quality House & Music (I can't give the name yet, but i've met the players). It will be a wonderful alternative to Miami. The truth is that most of you who post pretending that they have knowledge about Lauderdale MAYBE come out up here once a year. Well - SHUT UP. I know more about both cities than you have forgotten about Miami.

Amen to some of that LOL

Originally posted by jcmia

GUYMAN:

yeah no scumbags around Ft.lauderdale around sutra or voodoo ! :laugh: :laugh: I know you were joking right ?

Yea - there will always be some scumbags... but per square foot - Miami has more. AND - at least our scumbags dress better and speak english. ;)