Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Heading down to miami...

js97

This weekend..

All the way from Toronto, Canada.

I was wondering if i can get any suggestions on whats good.

My friends an I are 23-24,

we are looking to check out CROBAR on saturday, but are pretty much clueless on all the other nights.

Music wise, it's not that important, (house, RnB).

we work in the nighlife industry up here and want to really catch the essence of miami, and hopefully not just the "tourist" fronts(although we will be chceking those out too.. :cool:

Just looking to check out where the locals hang out.

thanks.!

p.s. cool site.!

Why would you want to hang out at the "locals" places when we've built all these huge tourist attractions? The locals hang out at places like Segafredo's on Lincoln, or Tapas Y Tintos on Espanola, or Automatic Slims on Washington. But those are pretty small, and only one is actually a real bar. In Miami proper, there is the Coco Walk with a number of different places, Tobacco Lane which features lots of live music, and tons of other little places, many of which cater to people who have English as a second language. But, I don't think that's what you're really looking for.

But, if you want to soak up the SoFla club scene, in addition to Crobar, you want to hit Space in downtown Miami, Nikki Beach / Pearl on the south tip of Miami Beach, Opium / Prive nearby, Mansion on Washington, if it is open by then, State on Lincoln, maybe the Shore Club on Collins, if the Townhouse is still doing it's thing you might try that, the new Ritz-Carlton has a Sunday afternoon gig that looks pretty cool, plus there are several places on Ocean Drive that are a lot of fun: Clevelander, Mango's, Wet Willies, and the new Teasers. Those are really the places you want to be. And if you really want the whole South Beach experience, you might try getting past the velvet rope at Mynt.

thanks CJames. What i meant was where the miami population go to club and party.

looked up some more sites and looks like it will be nikki beach on a sunday for sure..

then everything else will be a last minute decision.

I think we'll even try our luck with the doorguys @ Mynt. lol. We have several clubs up here that have similiar door filtering policies.. we'll see

:cool:

and coltrane, Music is very important for a good night, but i didn't want to have venues not mentioned because the dj didn't play the specific genre of music.

good music is important, but it's no use in an empty venue or worse, filled with shady people

Dang! I totally forgot Jazid! Yeah, that's a good place. And right next to it, Macarena always has a massive line outside, but I've never been. And actually, you should really stop by Segafredo's on Lincoln for pre-club cocktails and dessert. Best people-watching around. For dinner, you definitely want to hit Nexxt one night, and for after club munchies, 11th Street Diner is the best. For a fun, smaller venue check out Blue, my current favorite hangout, or Lounge 16, also cool. Oh yeah, and then there is Privilege, a newer club, mainly techno. Lots of the clubs have websites, so you can check those out, too. Plus, some websearches for "Miami Nightlife" can turn up some good stuff.