Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nation Review (dj Boris)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Daaaaaaaaaaamn...thats all I can say. Place filled up, music was ON POINT, boris usually spins a certain way wherever he goes...not last night. He ripped shit apart.

Crowd there was one of the most chill crowds ive seen there in a long time. ALOT of SF HEADS (I know most of you hate us old SF heads anyways). Everytime I wanted to leave it kept getting better. Got there around 12 (too early) with some friends to start drinking early. By 1am there was a nice turnout. 2:30am rolls around all of a sudden that place just got FULL!

One of the best parties (PERIOD!) that ive been too in the past year.

LES next week...I cannot wait!

Tek

tek gave my review for me, i'll just co-sign it ;)

it was my first tiem ever hearing borris and :eek: :eek: was right!

music was on point the whole time from 1230 till closing (630ish)

...only complaint, the lava lamp by the couches in the back by the bathroom way too bright lol...but it had an off switch i found so it was all good :laugh:

Boris is realy not that great. He keeps the same hard bass line all night long. There is no climax or build in any of his sets. What I have heard is all high enegy tracks beging slamed together. From one hard track to another. The same hard beat over and over. He also seems to love to spin diffrent mixes of the same songs back to back or loop a sample for ever. I was not at Nation for his set so I can not say anything about that night, but the few times I have heard him spin I have not been impressed. It seems that you enjoyed the party and the the crowd was fun. I am glad that you had fun, but could you tell me why his set was so great.

Originally posted by bassboy

Yeah but Boris's agent has him making a huge comeback in NYC right now. Look at all these parties he is headlining, he was washed up after he got kicked out of Exit.

The clubs right now will let anyone spin. With Avalon pulling in all the talent. Crobar taking up the spot light. Spirit doing? I really have no clue what they are trying to do. All the other small clubs are draging in all the Jersey DJs and old stars of the hard house scene to spin. Ever since SF broke down every one is trying to make money of that scene. That does not say that Boris is a good DJ.

Ive heard boris before but never like this..thats all i can say. I agree its usually a whole bunch of bangin tracks slappin into one another..not last night. There were breaks that he was cuttin back to the beginning of the buildup again right before it was gonna kick. I agree 100% with what everyone said in this thread so far but im not lieing when i said it sounded like a diff person was spinning. I could only wish i had a recorder in there last night for you guys to hear it.

There was also just this amazing vibe floatin around in there...

Im 1000% down for a meetup next week for LES. Lemme know when and where!!

Tek

Most DJ's who come threw the door at Nation do sound differant and I'll tell you why.At Nation its a "gloves off" aproach.We tell the DJ's to play however they want.Thats the idea behind this party,its MUSIC based,so our DJ's are going to play at their best.At other venues,especially on L.I. ,DJ's feel they need to "play the crowd".At Nation we want our DJ's to be themselves,we feel it makes for a better set ,as well as a better party.SO....if you wanna see the areas best DJ's at their best,I suggest you stop down on a friday night and see for yourself,you might be surprised.:)

Def had a good time. My feet hurt today from all the dancing. LEft around 3, that is all this old guy can take.

What was the deal with no red bulls. :confused:

And one bartender had no idea how to make a drink. ordered a vodka and 7-up and it was terrible. We asked her to top it off and she refused. She said that is the way I make my drinks. WTF???

Originally posted by cyberiachef

Def had a good <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a>. My feet hurt today from all the dancing. LEft around 3, that is all this old guy can take.

What was the deal with no red bulls. :confused:

And one bartender had no idea how to make a drink. ordered a vodka and 7-up and it was terrible. We asked her to top it off and she refused. She said that is the way I make my drinks. WTF???

Which Bar was it i'll take care of that

Jesse, Matt, Rob, Ozzy, and the rest of Team Nation - what more can I say about you guys?

Another remarkable night of music. Boris was just fuckin disgusting. Sorry I had to break out early, but my body was definitely thanking me this morning. :)

Perfect vibe; perfect music. I was extremely dissapointed that I didn't get to hear Rob spin last night. Otherwise, another perfect night!! Hats off to you guys.

- Rudy