Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arc Saturday night......

Originally posted by diegonyc

perhaps they should think twice before playing another party the night before the party they were booked to play.

what would you have done mr know it all?

who cares where they were the night before??

at the minimum i would have put a note at the door.

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

who cares where they were the night before??

at the minimum i would have put a note at the door.

who cares?

u have rocks for brains man. next time u book someone to play for your club, and they turn around and play for someone else the night before for free, see if you would like it.

u just dont do that zokster. stop hating already dude...

and for the record, it was sammy dee that was on the decks from 2-415 am. so all the haters saying the music was minimal and boring and this and that from 3-5 are obviously referring to the guest dj and not the residents. carry on.

Originally posted by afa8317

This is why I am not a big fan of the 112crew. Except for Denis Rodgers I really do not care for the 112crew or minimal tech. I do enjoy the break tracks that Denis Rodgers drops but that is another story. When Bill Patric opend for Howells' birthday party his set had no energy. The dance floor was full of clubers ready to dance. All they needed was a good beat to groove to. What they got were long boring minimal tracks. There was no funk to it, no build up, no break down. The tracks were borring. You are spinning dance music it needs to move a crowd. You can not spin music without funk or soul and make people dance.

keyword is opened.

u dont bang it out before a headliner.

i could see by the way u expressed yourself in this thread that you're still green behind the ears.

I have a complete love/hate relationship w/ ARC......the club it self is awful.......there is no booze......and it's 18 & over.......but everytime I swear I'm never going back --- I end up there in the middle of the night....I get in for free.....20 supa fly peeps wander in ......and the music explodes w/ wicked sick beats.........it just depends --- the place is hit or miss.

damn all these assholes bitching about 112 crew and Arc....

Dennis Rodgers is the man, always.....Billy P and Matt are hot and cold.....all these people bitching about Arc are gonna be the ones all fucked up at 6 am in a couple monthes wishing they had a place to go dance with no bull shit and a good system.....and fuck who ever said it was for scumbags.....

who cares?

u have rocks for brains man. next time u book someone to play for your club, and they turn around and play for someone else the night before for free, see if you would like it.

u just dont do that zokster. stop hating already dude...

and for the record, it was sammy dee that was on the decks from 2-415 am. so all the haters saying the music was minimal and boring and this and that from 3-5 are obviously referring to the guest dj and not the residents. carry on.

i hear your stress about the night before thing....arc has a history of "exclusive bookings"...i still say so what.

it was a small party that didnt even advertise him as dandy jack.

i didnt go...hence the enthusiasm for arc.

Sammy dee didnt live up to past gigs....but the dj prior to and after didnt do much either. i thought minimal and boring was the new forte??? if anything.....sammy is a bit above the rest in that sense.

hating is for little kids...i just voice my opinions...god knows i been around as along as you have...if not longer. we have all gone through the good and the bad....and that night in my opnion was bad. its cool to defend the success of the crew...but

to blindly defend a night and diss the guest dj is poor form.

-zoki

perhaps they should think twice before playing another party the night before the party they were booked to play.

what would you have done mr know it all?

i would have put a note on the door like any honest businessman would have done. what is it? they fuk u over so that makes it right to scam the next person down the line?

what does playing the night before have to do with it? the venue is responsible to its patrons, not the dj. if Arc doesn't want to do business with them again that's their decision to make.

Originally posted by barvybe

i would have put a note on the door like any honest businessman would have done. what is it? they fuk u over so that makes it right to scam the next person down the line?

what does playing the night before have to do with it? the venue is responsible to its patrons, not the dj. if Arc doesn't want to do business with them again that's their decision to make.

check this out. arc books dandy jack to play. they pay airfare, accomodations, and any other added expenses to get them there that night. dandy jack in turn decided to play the night before at 59 canal st. for free. why pay the $5 at arc when u could go the night before for free?

i won't bother to go further on this because its a waste of time.

check this out. arc books dandy jack to play. they pay airfare, accomodations, and any other added expenses to get them there that night. dandy jack in turn decided to play the night before at 59 canal st. for free. why pay the $5 at arc when u could go the night before for free?

i won't bother to go further on this because its a waste of time.

i feel for you that you got screwed - but seriously how does that excuse misleading your patrons?

so what's your point? i didn't cheat arc and take arc's money. I didn't lie and get free airfare. but wait - its cool for you to be dishonest and take mine? right :aright:

so i guess it'd be cool for me to say tell you i'm gonna sell you $20 of weed, take your twenty and give you some oregano. cause you know, my guy who i gave 2k to screwed me so i'm just gonna pass it on...yep, bet you would be happy with that and wouldn't want to kick my ass ;)

keyword is opened.

u dont bang it out before a headliner.

i could see by the way u expressed yourself in this thread that you're still green behind the ears.

True you do not bang it out before a headliner. The opening DJ is suppose to warm up the crowd. The problem with Bill opening up that night was he put the crowd to sleep. I am tired of hearing the excuse that an opening DJ is not suppose to bang it out. Their is no need for monstrous tracks to rock a crowd. I have had many experiences were the opening DJ was on point and the headliner stunk. With the exception of Denis Rogers the 112crew is not my cup of tea. Now that I got that out of the way. Why am I green behind the ears? Just because I do not like tech house as much as you do. Or maybe it is because I actually dance instead of standing around Trainspoting. Sorry, that I think dance music is more about primitive instincts. Then having a Ph.D in musical theory. You do know that the creators of Techno where just a bunch of kids that new very little about musical theory. I guess the First time you heard a house track, you broke it down in to all its elements. Analyzed all the layers of the track, and found out what it was that made you want to dance. You did not hear that track and on instinct like the beat. Do not get me wrong I am not saying that a DJ's job is easy. I do understand it is an art. There is nothing easy about figuring out, What makes a group of people dance? Yeat, The fact that it is not easy does not make it a science. So if you spin "mental music" or "stupid music" and you can not get a crowd to dance. Your best bet is to practice some more or quite.

hey buddy I was at arc on saturday

I came at 4 AM a that time the music wasn't soo bad but I got a sing on the entrence. like never the security did check meor my coat. at that time I tought something fishy was happening and realy was

the track weren't soo bad I lake most of then what I never understood was why they change fom house to techno in that way

people was like ever a lot orientals 3 or 4 guys on the VIP that belibed they were the last coke on the dessert

jsut 3 or 4 beautiful girls to dance

I was sober that's why I can remember most of what happened

I left al 7 45 when ( I don't know wo was spinnig) the dj tryied to scrash something and kicked me out of there.

good things where only$5 the entrence that's the maximun fee taht I'd pay for ARC

the other thing good is fist time I smoke there(and was more easy of what I tought)

and yes I'll be back on ARC

when? after 4 and when it cost $5 again :eek:

Originally posted by galo

hey buddy I was at arc on saturday

I came at 4 AM a that time the music wasn't soo bad but I got a sing on the entrence. like never the security did check meor my coat. at that time I tought something fishy was happening and realy was

the track weren't soo bad I lake most of then what I never understood was why they change fom house to techno in that way

people was like ever a lot orientals 3 or 4 guys on the VIP that belibed they were the last coke on the dessert

jsut 3 or 4 beautiful girls to dance

I was sober that's why I can remember most of what happened

I left al 7 45 when ( I don't know wo was spinnig) the dj tryied to scrash something and kicked me out of there.

good things where only$5 the entrence that's the maximun fee taht I'd pay for ARC

the other thing good is fist time I smoke there(and was more easy of what I tought)

and yes I'll be back on ARC

when? after 4 and when it cost $5 again :eek:

84772_400.jpg

Hooked on Phonics. Try it. :aright:

yeah last saturday was definitely not a great night...rough one all around.

we were all bummed out about the situation with Dandy Jack but unfortunately it was out of our (112 Crew) hands.

zoki: you never cease to amaze me...just remember your roots buddy...thats all i'll keep saying...you have a bad case of short term memory....its great that you know so much about techno and everything associated with it but please dont forget those Fred's Beauty days...i don't.

sorry to the guy who wasnt into my opening set for danny...you are correct that an opener should move the crowd and maintain a certain amount of energy...in the year and a half that i've been resident at arc i've tried to do a respectful job opening up for the headliner DJ's..

every opening set is different (depending on the headliner) and i've had my share of good ones and not so good...unfortunately you can't please everyone...

thanks to everyone who came out last week and we're excited to see everyone in MIami this year for our Get Some party at BED on March 9th!

:D

-b

Originally posted by billpatrick

we were all bummed out about the situation with Dandy Jack but unfortunately it was out of our (112 Crew) hands.

zoki: you never cease to amaze me...just remember your roots buddy...thats all i'll keep saying...you have a bad case of short term memory....its great that you know so much about techno and everything associated with it but please dont forget those Fred's Beauty days...i don't.

sorry to the guy who wasnt into my opening set for danny...you are correct that an opener should move the crowd and maintain a certain amount of energy...in the year and a half that i've been resident at arc i've tried to do a respectful job opening up for the headliner DJ's..

every opening set is different (depending on the headliner) and i've had my share of good ones and not so good...unfortunately you can't please everyone...

thanks to everyone who came out last week and we're excited to see everyone in MIami this year for our Get Some party at BED on March 9th!

:D

-b

Keep up the good work guys.

Originally posted by billpatrick

-b

see you gave an answer diego should have...

i didnt sit here and mention specifics...and as you know my roots ...i have never been a fan of arc.

roots...of course i remember my roots.

you want to say i didnt play techno back then????

Also played trance and progressive house at fred's (is that what you wanted to hear?)...and l shared that place on west 27th every friday with you.

dont know where your going with this.