Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is Kurfew still around?

jaysea

i know when tunnel closed they went to Twirl, and then did something at webster hall?

anyone know if its still around?

curious. that party back in the day was REALLY Fun, i mean u didint go to kurfew for the music, u did for the pArty!

i miss that party... it WAS the tunnel on saturdays, lol

oly?

not sure if they still have a party around, havnt heard of em since last time at tunnel few halloweens ago, it was sad at that end run of the tunnel anyway:(

But i did use Kurfew line/entrance when the regular line was too looooong back in the day and that was some crazy party back then,put a frikkin tent on that circus:D

Originally posted by it290

didn't Kurfew morph into the college party at Heaven (formerly Kings) on Fri or Sat--I could be WAAYYYYYY off on that though.

Nah, they're separate...although Jeff tried to work his way into Gay College Party it didn't work out. I saw Jeff handing out flyers in front of the Roxy recenty..lol. The party moved from Tunnel to Twirl which was an OK party but it definatley died at the Tunnel...it was never the same after that. I'd like to see the Kurfew parties come back at some point...they were fun.

i would enjoy that to,

i agree, alot changed once tunnel closed...

Even around the time tunnel closed, EVERYONE talked shit about it, so it became more "Underground"

and with the shit talk. i think the last year was a slow downward spiral, but once it left tunnel, it lost its "Magic" and i think tunnel had alot to do with that, it was just cool to have our own little part of the club, but still be able to get fucked up, and walk around that monster ass space, lol

Sketch...with a Twist! lol

Originally posted by jaysea

i would enjoy that to,

i agree, alot changed once tunnel closed...

Even around the time tunnel closed, EVERYONE talked shit about it, so it became more "Underground"

and with the shit talk. i think the last year was a slow downward spiral, but once it left tunnel, it lost its "Magic" and i think tunnel had alot to do with that, it was just cool to have our own little part of the club, but still be able to get fucked up, and walk around that monster ass space, lol

Sketch...with a Twist! lol

Yeah, it was like our own secluded part of the club that we could party in...it almost felt a lil exclusive because the straight boys weren't allowed, but we could romp around their section if we pleased. It was fun...plus the Fuzzy Room was just great! Although it was 100 degrees in there, it was always FUN and yes...a safe haven to be as messy as you pleased. :)

Originally posted by montebrogan

I was at Kurfew at Twirl (haven't heard that name in ages) and it wasn't good at all. It was a bunch of little kiddies running around. Felt like it was teen night. This was in 2002, I believe...the party was dead by that time.

Yeah, pretty much.. although I would have fun there cuz I knew everyone and would get trashed. But the crowd at Kurfew when it was in Tunnel was special...they all got dressed really funky and creatively...it was just a different breed of people which I really appreciated even though I was always just one of the "normal" kids..it was great seeing some of the outfits and different personalities.

see,

after limelight closed in 96" alot of club kids didint have a club to prance in anymore, and i dont think 1996, was the year of the club kids....u would not catch me DEAD, dressed up, after 95, after all the shit went down, michael, and angel, Dameion and greg, jennifer's body was found behind Expo, cut up into like 10 little part's....SOOOOOOOOOOO

much shit went down, in the end.

but after 96....limelight was Totally over, but the tunnel Started to make a name for its self, buy 98....tunnel was It, Yet again

i remember when tunnel was it, in 92-93ish.....those were when it was filled with leather white couches and the silver bedroom was there, next to the mushroom room, and THAT Was TUNNEL

then in 98, it became largely popular again, with alot of the old limelight crew...and kurfew kept that clubkid vibe alive.....

like comps if u show up in your gear..

partys dont do that anymore, i hope to change that.

But yea.....kurfew dragged the color till probally about 2000-01?, and that was REALLY that last stab at ny club kid's.

buy 2002....it was deff OVER

what was the date tunnel closed, because the last time i was there, was for one nation>? paul johnson rocked the fuzzy room and it was like 110' in there

Wow, lol

oly

Originally posted by fouroneone

yes, i remember for a couple of months after Kufew at the tunnel ended they were always promoting some bar night in the west village ( not the twirl night ), I think it was a college night.

My God who is that girl?

And yeah, Kurfew brought a lot of flavor to Tunnel. Talking about any of those days makes me think how completely different things are now and I much those days are memories.. and I wonder if NYC can ever be like that again but we'll see, I'm still hooked and hoping.

the link in my sig is to a pic of Tunnel w/ a line outside - it's kind of out of focus but to those who used to see that light at the end of the block as a entry to bliss, they'll be able to tell its Tunnel.

Originally posted by montebrogan

I was at Kurfew at Twirl (haven't heard that name in ages) and it wasn't good at all. It was a bunch of little kiddies running around. Felt like it was teen night. This was in 2002, I believe...the party was dead by that time.

Kurfew at Twirl was good for about one summer then it got beatttt......they stopped having it there bc twirl was undergonig renovations or sumtin like that......then they tried to have it at some other shitty ass place in the village which blew even more....now they dont even have parties in the city anymore.....

i heard the party in phily is pretty hot tho

Hey Jaysea (or anyone that is interested), have you read Hedonism by Tony Fletcher? It is fictionalized account of the scene in the early 90s based around a club called Hedonism which is run by a guy named The Count. Very interesting and probably even more so to people in the scene at that time because they could probably tell the real names and places and stories of what is being told. Interested if anyone read it and opinions.